Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: see if this is true...

see if this is true...

i watched a show on xdressers that was very interesting.. they tried showing men how to tell if a ladie they are interested in is a man or woman. 1 way was to find out on the hands the pointer finger is shorter then the ring finger, if you are a male.... a womans ring finger is shorter then the pointer. lets see... shall we? they said most go for the adoms apple and most things we all know about like buldges and voices but who ever looks at the fingers? i didnt until this episode.. is it true? my pointer is shorter then my ring, is yours? or your wives? hmmmm.
    steph

Gold Member
    Hmmm...never heard of that one before, but my pointer is about the same length as my ring finger.

My ring finger is shorter on my left hand and longer on my right. Now, I am really confused! Or does that just prove the point that I have a very definite female side?
    Or do I have a definite male side?
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by SherriePall View Post
    My ring finger is shorter on my left hand and longer on my right. Now, I am really confused! Or does that just prove the point that I have a very definite female side?
    Same here! Pointer definitely appears longer on left, ring finger definitely appears longer on right.

And, of course, the left side of the body is controlled by the right side of the brain, so it is when we are feminine that we are in our right mnd.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Hi Girls, my ring finger is longer on both. I must have a mans body, darn.
    Juliet

Curiousity -

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda09 View Post
    Hmmm...never heard of that one before, but my pointer is about the same length as my ring finger.
    Same here - on both hands. My Adam's apple is there though not as prominent as I have seen on many men.
    [SIZE="3"]Ellen James[/SIZE]

"Can man be free if woman be a slave" - Islam by Shelley

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Same here! Pointer definitely appears longer on left, ring finger definitely appears longer on right.

And, of course, the left side of the body is controlled by the right side of the brain, so it is when we are feminine that we are in our right mnd.
    Mine too. I'm right handed so maybe that's it. I have to stop poking people I guess

I have heard this about finger length before and have a hard time with excepting this theory. Both my index fingers are longer than my ring fingers. For what it is worth, I don't have the slightest hint of an Adam's apple either. I was born 100% male too.

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Babette View Post
    I have heard this about finger length before and have a hard time with excepting this theory. Both my index fingers are longer than my ring fingers. For what it is worth, I don't have the slightest hint of an Adam's apple either. I was born 100% male too.

Babette
    Ring finger development is a well established marker of testosterone levels during adolescence - it's regularly used to spot potential top class sprinters (since the growth spurt in the teens develops the necessary musculature and bones).

It's common for the ratio to differ between your hands, as well.

IME many MTFs have ring and forefingers of relatively similar length - but if you look at women's gloves, they're all designed for hands where the ring finger is shorter..
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki B View Post
    Ring finger development is a well established marker of testosterone levels during adolescence - it's regularly used to spot potential top class sprinters (since the growth spurt in the teens develops the necessary musculature and bones).
    Thanks Nicki, maybe this explains why I never came close to being a top class sprinter. Somebody always had to finish last in a race.

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by SherriePall View Post
    I looked at mine and i'm the same way i didn't even notice untill I read your post.
    I’m falling down the rabbit hole and loving the trip down.

My pointer finger is longer on my right hand and shorter on my left hand. Does that mean I am both?

I have no adams apple that can be seen.

Hugs

Jill

There is always room for more friends in ones heart

well thanks gurls, im gonna throw it out there and say another myth busted
    steph

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I can make mine appear to be longer or shorter depending on whether I look at my hands from the top or the bottom and whether I stretch open my hands as wide as they go or open them wide but keep them positioned in a relaxed way. However, if I measure them accurately with a ruler they measure exactly the same!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Wife of a Part Time Girl rlars1's Avatar
    I am a GG so this is kind of interesting. I looked at my hands and on my left hand my pointer finger is shorter than my ring finger and on my right hand my pointer finger is longer than my ring finger. So what does that make me? Hmmm. I think it is a myth.
    Yes, he is a man and yes, he is wearing a skirt. Isn't he adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Babette View Post

Babette

Better check again, after all Santa checks twice!

Jo
    Last edited by JOJO44; 05-03-2009 at 09:08 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]All good things come to "she" who waits!

My pointer fingers are shorter, especialy the one I smashed with a hammer back when I was a carpenter.

Ok, too weird.
    On my hands, my ring finger is a good half an inch longer.

On my wife's hands, her pointer is slightly longer.

To add a twist, she is/was a semi-butch identifying lesbian. Don't take the butch out of context, she looks 100% woman, but wears no make-up, is into women, and is the first up the ladder to clean the gutters, or mow the lawn.
    Ever see Amy Winn on trading spaces? Could be her red-headed twin!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yep I must be a guy my pointers are longer than my rings.I need to get out the dremel tool and fix that

Aspiring Member
    my pointers are both shorter

my pointer finger is shorter than my ring finger, on both hands
    warmly, Linnea

My pointer fingers are both clearly longer than my ring fingers.
    I have no visible Adam's apple.

I've done some reading on this, and even did an informal survey at a family party. I was the only male with longer pointer fingers, although none of the men in our family have visible Adam's apples.

At the famous and now closed Queen Mary club, I did an informal survey and about half of the T-girls there had female type finger ratios. But most of the Transsexuals had the female finger ratio.

Btw, not all women have longer pointers, it's just a predominance, in the way most men are taller than most women. Women typically have the two fingers about equal length. My mother and I both have noticably longer pointer fingers.

-- Diane

Yep Pointer is shorter on both hands. Is that a bad thing???

Quote Originally Posted by stephaniedoes View Post
    is it true? my pointer is shorter then my ring, is yours? or your wives? hmmmm.
    On an OVER ALL average, yes its true, there are always exceptions to the rule.

"In women, the two fingers are usually almost equal in length, as measured from the crease nearest the palm to the fingertip. In men, the ring finger tends to be much longer than the index. "

This was one of the things that keyed my doctor in on my Klinefelter's syndrome (XXY), my index fingers are both longer than my ring finger, and my pinkie fingers curve in to my ring finger, both are possible symptoms.

MORE Symptoms of XXY (most of which I have, when my wife read this list, she said "where is the line that says 'See Marsha' thats me)

Height taller than average
    Tend to be taller than fathers and brothers.
    Gynecomastia
    Abnormal body proportions (long legs, short trunk)
    To some degree, eunochoidal stature (arm span is usually 2 inches longer than height)
    Incomplete masculinization; feminine, or pear shaped body and body hair distribution
    Reduced facial hair - reduction in need to shave / reduced body hair
    Life-long soft skin
    Younger looking and acting than actual age
    Small testes or hypogonadism
    Smaller than average erect penis (avg. is approx. 16cm)
    Minor bony abnormalities eg in hands and elbows
    Change in body shape - increased fat and breast development
    Rounded shoulders and rounded hips
    Obesity
    Simian crease (single crease in the palm)
    Infertility
    Decreased libido
    Erectile dysfunction
    Impotence
    Sexual / gender confusion
    Decreased serum testosterone levels
    Decreased bone mineral density in adults.
    Increased serum luteinizing hormone
    Increased serum follicle stimulating hormone
    Cholesterol problems
    Reduced muscle power and stamina
    Taurodontism with teeth having a thinning of the surface and enlargement of the pulp
    Myocardial Infarction after the age of 30 is common
    Loss of sense of smell
    Cardio-vascular problems
    Osteoporosis - brittle bones resulting in fractures
    Arteriosclorosi (hardening of the arteries)
    Autoimmune disorders such as lupus and Darier's syndrome
    Adult onset diabetes mellitus
    Venous disease
    Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
    Anxiety and neuroses
    Tendency toward depression
    Learning, emotional, and mental disorders
    Lower degree of self esteem
    Difficulty in concentrating
    Attention Deficit disorder
    Restless sleep pattern
    Sleep apnea
    Difficult to awaken in the mornings
    Behavioral problems, including aggression and non-participation in social activities
    Motor skill issues
    Dyslexia (physical)
    Learning disabilities especially language difficulties
    Preference for quiet games
    Introversion
    Frequently shy
    Frustration-based outbursts
    Inner anger, requiring anger management
    Hand tremors
    The inability to maintain long term friends
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Arrrrgh: my ring fingers are longer, I have manhands! If not for my skinny arms and shoulders, cute legs, girlish waist, big blue eyes and long lashes, I could never pass for a woman....