Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why are many of us so old?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm 56 and don't feel old at all.

Banned Read only
    I've been CDing since I was about 14. But not nearly as often as I do now. Also there was no Internet then. And for many years like a lot of you, I was married, busy raising kids, making mortgage payments, working a lot, and only dressing occasionaly. Now, I've been single for many years, live alone, and can dress as much as I want, which is most of the time. Also have more time to surf the internet, which Al Gore hadn't yet invented when I was younger.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

wow...look at this response to the word OLD!

Is it the new 4-letter word??? LOL.

But I'm one of those folks who never wore a bit of female clothing until my 50's, and the onset of CDing came suddenly and in a rush, WITH the advise and help of my spouse. It just had never occurred to me that I might enjoy presenting as a woman?

In fact, I had never liked Halloween, never liked the idea of "acting" on stage or anywhere else, never liked the idea of shedding my "normal" personality for even a few words in another persona. My wife had a garter skirt in her hand and noted that it didn't fit her anymore. I offhand mention that it would probably fit me... Enter the cascade effect... A few months later I'm modelling her garter skirt, stockings, and platforms, and she's telling me I NEED a dress. We had been married over 30 years, I was 55, and we had no clue how this suddenly errupted.

My spouse said she was honored that I would trust her with this totally new excursion into my being, and I was honored to share it and have her help!

Ok, so to the point of this thread: I didn't have any inclination when living by myself, and even after years of marriage had no inclination. It still seems to me that if I did not have an incredibly supportive wife I never would have traversed this path, but now I can't see an easy way to stop. Tina is here to stay and is a defined part of my personality. For those of us who started later in life, it just may be that life has been incredibly busy, and it takes some event to slow down life just enough, and at a time when we have some maturity to understand what is happening, in order to allow ourselves the freedom to venture into this, admittedly, somewhat frightening world.

tina

I can only speak for myself but I've been dressing since age 15 (before that it was mostly experimentation). I'm 64 now and have only been out of the closet about two years. I think at the age we are now we are seeing much more acceptance of the TG lifestyle.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Perhaps it's because older cd's are on this site??

Willow sweety, thanks alot. LOL I cannot speak for others but when I came out to my nephew he said it the best. "You have spent most of your life being the husband, father and now grandfather and put these desires in the closet. Now you want to expore them and why not. You have been great for them now be great for you." He really made my day and the rest of my life. Yes my actual age is 60 but my "real age is 40 something with a dash of 20s. LOL

Keli

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rwjones View Post
    It was sexually exciting at first, but now I CD just as much because it calms me and helps me escape from my stressfull male life.
    As one of the "much older," at 77, CD's on this forum I would like to put my 2 cents worth in to the discussion. The part of your post quoted above gives the real reason! We live longer because we are CD's, and know how to get rid of the stress of day to day living! Works for me!!

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

All of the above, and ...

I am in my 60's, and didn't start dressing up until about 5 years ago. Although I had tried on my mother lingerie when I was less than 10 years old, I never considered that as a "beginning." The beginning for me was the direct result of telling me wife that I had "feminine feelings" that I wanted to explore in sex. She was very accepting and she suggested that I put on some of her lingerie when we had sex to see if it helped me to feel more feminine. And of course it did.
    I don't think I would have had the courage to suggest it myself, and even after I had worn her lingerie a number of times I was still concerned what she would think about it.

So, for me I would have to say that it wasn't until I had developed a sufficient sense of trust in my wife, i.e. that she wouldn't reject me, that I was able to open myself up to the fact that I really loved wearing her clothes. The only thing my wife gets upset about now is if I try her new clothes on before she starts wearing them herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Carly D. View Post
    I think it was the drugs in the sixties, man, that did it.. actually I think there are a greater number who want to dress to be free.. show it.. hmm.. what is the excuse for so many older cross dressers being here and fewer younger persons?? I think to be here it has evolved into something important to us.. when I was younger I'm not sure if I would have been here at all.. but I am of the mind that I now wonder what others feel and think as far as wearing these clothes.. that's why I'm here..
    Wow man, must have been the brown acid I ate at Woodstock!

While experiencing my first CD moment at an early age, my formative years were spent attempting to establish a family and career, literally kept it packed away in the closet. Only after those things were accomplished and I had a stable life, or at least it seemed to be, did I re-explore my CDing.

With more time on my hands and a few more bucks in my possession, I now find it liberating and a way to express myself in ways I haven’t been able to in the past. Yes it’s hard work but very rewarding when you can look at your femme self, see wonderful results and be happy with the effort you put into it.

Just my

Jen

Quote Originally Posted by Carly D. View Post
    I think it was the drugs in the sixties, man, that did it.. actually I think there are a greater number who want to dress to be free.. show it.. hmm.. what is the excuse for so many older cross dressers being here and fewer younger persons?? I think to be here it has evolved into something important to us.. when I was younger I'm not sure if I would have been here at all.. but I am of the mind that I now wonder what others feel and think as far as wearing these clothes.. that's why I'm here..
    I also thought that I would grow out of this.. by a certain age I would stop because this just seems like a waste of time and resources, but of course I am still waiting to grow out of it.. I have taken stock of what I have had and what I do have and how much money it all cost me and the numbers are staggering.. but it is a means to an end I guess as they say. the end meaning what I'm not at all sure.. "will you grow up??" I can just hear my mom saying this.. can I ever look to the day when I grow out of this?? that day will be likely the day everything goes dark... and quiet..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Platinum Member

Late Start

I got a late start I was 6yrs. old I missed 6 good years now at 66.5 yrs.
    old I am making up for lost time maybe some day when I get {OLD}
    I may slow down but I don't see that happening any time soon
    ...........................thanks from a kid named.........ORCHID

I started CDing when I was seven. I'm 63 but I don't feel that old.
    warmly, Linnea

Platinum Member

Your Only

Your only as old as feel----But your not as old as you look!!!!!
    .................................................. ..............ORCHID

Sol III, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy
    (O.o) old!? I don't think I am old... I can't even legally drink yet lol

*Hugs*Kisses*
    [SIZE="3"]<3 One Soul on Earth, Two Spirits in One Body <3
    [/SIZE]
    PSN: Col_Scott
    Gamertag: Speederz

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old you say

Although I played around with items of female apparel since the age of 12, I did not dress completely as a woman and go out publicly until I was 43 and that was 31 years ago. Now I did go back in the closet for quite a long time. I guess I ran the gamut of emotions that most crossdressers and transexuals experience. I truly only stopped being embarrassed or ashamed for being a crossdresser a couple of years ago though and my life has been much better for it. I have come out to the people that I think should know. I just grew tired of lying and trying to cover it up. I don't hide it from anyone and if someone should question what I do and why I do it, so what. Although I am married, I enjoy going out in public all dressed up. I love the female part of me and she is never going back into the closet.
    To Thine Own Self Be True. . .

Silver Member
    I started cd'ing at age 5 and I am 61 now so I have been involved with cd'ing my entire life. It was only a year ago that I joined this site and decided to leave the closet and share this part of me with others. Maybe this is a rather common thing that as we mature there are fewer obstacles in life to prevent us fom expressing ourselves on sites such as this one. This is how it is for me anyhow. A year ago I was deathly afraid of some one finding out my little secret but now I just don't care what others think any more. As others have said we are on this earth for only so long so there comes a time for some of us to stop living such a secretive life and begin living the way that makes us happy. Is 61 old? That might be old to some but I certainly do not feel like an old person. I am fortunate to be in good health and try to take care of myself to maintain a level of appearance that matches my desire to express my feminine side. I do not feel old at all, I started a new life one year ago and plan on being around for a long time.

I have a different take on this question ...
    Those of us who are 50+ grew up at a time when women were more feminine and wore the kind of lingerie and fashionable high heels we say we love to wear!
    Were I born in the last 20 years, I doubt that I would have been interested in wearing the grungy stuff that modern women tend to wear.
    Doc Martens and Ugg boots do nothing for me, as do footless tights!
    Also, seeing bra straps openly displayed does nothing to mystify or sanctify the wearing of lingerie. Quite the opposite, in fact.

I think I had the seeds for CDing planted in me around 4 or 5 and started dressing in mommy's clothes at around 12 (puberty brought it out!). I think your findings on age is maybe just the response from this forum. As we mature, we have more confidence and accept who we are and so is willing to talk about it here. I would never have joined this site when I was 16! And like all young rebellious kids, I would not let myself be counted and categorized so the statistics are never accurate.

Classic Lingerie Lover

Old?

Who's old? It's all in the mind. I'll be 78 this year and after a lifetime of pleasure I'm still enjoying every minute while dressed. There have been many times I questioned why I feel as I do and many times I have purged. All that does is cost money and time to rebuild my stash. The urge always comes back.

I dress as often as I can and always completely.

Love and hugs,
    [SIZE=5]Cathy[/SIZE]

Hi...at 61 now. will be 62 in aug .. been out to every one over 11 years now . i did not do as many here have. wore female clothes ... i just knew i was all so a women . not in that context at age 10 you just know in side . tryed being a male just did not work ... well sort of . who would we talk to 50 years ago ... no one ..yes a lot of us are out now . & we can be our selfs with out the ..not know ..who we are . being a andro helped me did not even know what that was . so the net has opened up many doors . & many contacts & friends ....did not have that till 2 years ago . so yes a very late starter in more ways than one ....
    Now i can just live as me a woman . with that male back ground .... & loveing it .......big time .
    ...noeleena...

For me, until I was about 40 I truly believed that at some point I'd be able to stop crossdressing; And so, I didn't pursue it as an interest. I thought that when I figured out why I did it, I would be able to figure out a way to stop. By then, I had a good theory of what had caused my behavior. I continued to study, and just figured it would be a matter of time before I would be able to become 'normal'. As time went on, however, I realized that wasn't going to happen, and so rather than live with the constant stress of wanting to dress and not do it, I just gave in, and accepted that I am a crossdresser, and always will be.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Old

I have to have a garage sale 2x a year to clean out my closet. LOL.....

I guess the younger ones haven't found us yet or are still hiding quitly in the closet until they can find this forum.

Or maybe we are all a split soul that is trying to awake humanity up.LOL....

Hugs

Jill

Maybe, just maybe, we are all so old because all the young ones are out on the town parting their little tales off, while the old tired ones are at home on the computers. I know when I was a young man I didn't dress all that often, it was a lot more fun to be out at the bars chasing girls! It probably still is, but my wife is against the idea of me chasing girls anymore.
    Tina

Hormones

For me, it has to be hormones, but I have no proof. All of a sudden I like chick flicks and cry at the drop of a had. I suspect it is declining testosterone, but my urge for sex has not dropped one bit, so maybe not?????

Wow you are right there are some old folks on the forum. I'm now not sure if I fit in here. Me being 25 and all. Am also a size 6 and five ft 4 ! Been told I pass for a young Angelie Jolie when I'm out. It must be my naturally full lips, and my gorgeous real shoulder length brunette hair. I mean I have only been on hormones for 1 week and I already have a 34 C cup.! But i do hope to chat more with the mature females of the forum, and share with you all my expertise in makeup as well as my various outings to Paris, Venice, and the Antilles. Ciao