Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Workout Video or Diet ???

Love to be in pantyhose

Workout Video or Diet ???

I have been starting to exercise to shed a few pounds in the hopes of a better fit into "my" clothes. I would like to know if there is a highly recommended video that can make my body look more feminine? What do you use to tone up and appear more femine? Or do you just diet?

It's really about doing both... Exercise increases the metabolism, and diet reduces the calories......

I go up and down like a yo-yo, weight-wise....... the people I know who have successfully slimmed down and kept it off, use a combination of diet and exercise.... this is the regimen that I am on now...... slow progress, but progress none the less.

Joanna

Lightbulb

I would say the diet AND exercise seem to work best for me too. BUT, Every time I lose 5 pounds though, I seem to gain it right back! I was following that atkins "Low-Carb" thing for a while but I don't like it because it makes me feel tired, and after all, carbs are energy and energy helps you burn fat!

I also recorded some of those early morning exercise videos that are designed for women to shape your butt and thighs and I try to do those exercises but I probably don't do them enough.......

Anyone up to "Losing Weight Together"? If we help each other maybe we can all lose a few pounds? I am getting those male "Handle Bars" that are hard to hide when I dress up.

My latest trick was to buy a push type lawn mower and park my riding mower so can burn some calories when I cut grass. I know that riding a bike helps a lot too!

Any other ideas from anyone else?

CindyT
    I finally figured it out! - I'm a Lesbian Trapped in a Mans Body!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/sexycindycd

Hey, count me in!!

I've always been one of those who could (and did) eat anything (like a big bag of potatoe chips in one sitting) and with very little excercise, still remained skinny. Even in the military, with all the running around, jumping out of airplanes, etc I was still very skinny (and deceptively strong). Now that I've hit middle age (I know lots of people 115 years old ... don't you?)I've suddenly developed this bulge in the middle ... A..a..gh!!!

So, I need a reasonable diet, some kind of excercise, and flexibility training (I never could touch my toes, but now its hard to get past my knees!). Also, I Soooo much want to wear one of those sexy leotard outfits!

Sherry

Love to be in pantyhose
    Thank you for your answers. It seems that I m not the only one who needs a little support. If we could find the right exercise program to help I would enjoy doing this as a group participant. Now.... How would that work?
    Until we start together, I will be walking and watching my diet. I have to do it quick though, Football season is almost here.

How did those cross-situps work out for you?

[SIZE=2]Hmm, although I'm not one for exercise, I think Pilates might be just the ticket for that more feminine body. Running is a great way to lose weight, but for some reason men that run get much more sinewy legs than women that run.

Unless you're already genetically inclined to have a womanly figure (narrow shoulders, light build), I think you're actually better off with a little weight to you. It's nice to have that wasp thin waist, but once the weight comes off the face, those manly cheek bones and the masculine jaw structure pop right out.

As for myself, I think I'm where I need to be (although I'm still way about my ideal weight), but wish I could move the fat from my belly to my hips. I've had some success with some of the pilates exercises, but they kill the first week if you're doing it right. Same with Tae Bo, although with the faster movements I think you get more masculine figures.

Wish I could do the cardio, but I'm a pack a day kinda person, and going around the block too fast would probably put me in a stretcher.

Which ever exercise of diet plan you try Vicky, make sure to let us know.

p.s. Cindy, supposedly the premise behind the Atkins diet is to force your body to get energy from protein not carbohydrates. Takes a while, and you'll suffer in the meantime, and it's kinda bad for your system (your system goes through acidosis to use protein as energy, not carbohydrates which get stored to fat first), but I knew a lady that lost 115 pounds on the diet. She need to lose the weight for medical reasons, and now she's pretty hot looking. Of course the diet's hard on the kidneys though.

[/SIZE]
    Too... Shy shy... hush hush, eye to eye...

joanne-g
    hay ladies nice to hear u all want to get in better shape and want to do it the right way. i am not a personal trainner at least not yet but i seem to know more about it then the ones in my gym. what u want to do in ur diets is eat about 60% protein and 40% carbs. so about 130 grams of protein and 60 grams of carbs. but the carbs u eat should be from oat meal and brown rice and whole wheat bread. and a lot of vegetables. if u want to excersize u will want to do very very light weight and just squeeze the muscle very right and for a few seconds before u relaxe the muscle and repeat because as men we have a lot more testostorone then women and its very easy for us to build big bulky muscles. arobics is very good and so r polotis or tea bo is very good to. as for getting the shap of a women with weights it becomes a little trickys since arobis and cardio makes u thinner and will make ur legs thinner too u will want to workout ur legs and the back of ur thights and sides of ur thighs harder and pretty heavy to bring out ur butt and get that nice feminin look.which also will make ur waist look smaller. also remember not do overtrain excisrisizing 5 times a week is enought and anymore will be to much.

sorry if some of my spelling is bad but just bair with me. i'm into fitness and nutirtion not spelling. if any of u have any questions feel free to ask and remember there is a lot of trial and error before u fine the perfect weight pane and diet for u.

bye bye for now
    love joanne

Scaredsis

Thumbs up loose weight together

I'm in. I will be looking forward to it.

My Friends Call Me Maddy Madilyn's Avatar

Thumbs up Minimal Food...Marginal Exercise...Nothing Structured

Hi Ladies,

About a month ago I saw a friend whom I hadn't seen in 6 months. He had dropped a ton a weight since I had last seen him, so I asked him what he did to lose the weight.

He told me he is on the "I Don't Eat Shit" Diet and it works. There's no particular regime or structure, you just eat in very small portions as infrequently as possible. I've been having fruit in the morning, a cheesestick and a bit of tomato at lunch, and then a small salad at dinner, or I might skip dinner.

I've been at this about 3 - 4 weeks and have already dropped +/- 10 lbs. I'm hoping for another 10 over the next couple weeks.

I also run/walk the dog after work. I usually try to break a hard sweat, so I run Buddy until I'm winded, then I walk a bit and pick-up the running again once I've caught my breath. I think the route is around 1.5 miles. I'm working my way up to be able to run the entire route w/o walking...wish me luck!

It's certainly nice to see some pounds come off, but as was said above, one big meal and it seems to add 5 lbs. I'm so ready to get back into the mid 170's again and get this belly flat...

Thanks for all of the encouraging words everyone and good luck.

Kisses and sweat,

Maddy
    [SIZE=3]If You Are Beautiful On The Inside, You'll Be Beautiful On The Outside[/SIZE]

Hey girls, check out my Yahoo Photo Album sometime...Let me know what you think???

Ladies, if you like what you see, then please help me out by voting 10 at the Hot Or Not link here...ty

Love to be in pantyhose
    It looks like we have hit a common ground. I, currently weigh 195, and with the help of everyone here, I am hoping to get down to 175 before September 15th. That gives me 7 weeks. I have set my goal. Anyone want to join? Just to see if we can accomplish something together. As freinds.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Vicki
    It looks like we have hit a common ground. I, currently weigh 195, and with the help of everyone here, I am hoping to get down to 175 before September 15th. That gives me 7 weeks. I have set my goal. Anyone want to join? Just to see if we can accomplish something together. As freinds.
    OK, it starts today.

I'm 175 and would like to get to 165 ... not a lot, but with my lifestyle it will be a stretch. I'm going to watch my diet (no more potatoe chip binges) and start walking ... everywhere! I'm off to get some needed boy clothes (after 3 years of buying for Sherry, the other side is getting way too raggity), and will walk the 2 miles to the center (down a rather steep hill). I used to do that often, and have noticed the gain mostly after stopping. Also, instead of taking the bus everyday from work to my door, I'll get off at the end of the line and walk the mile back.

Would also like a stretching video for flexibility, if anyone has any suggestions

And where do you get the sexy leotards?

The clock is running

Sherry

I guess that's one of the benefits of being young huh? I eat and eat and can't gain any weight, but running probably helps some. I know I'm in for a big surprise when I get older if I keep eating like this though...lol. This is a great topic though, not only will it help the girl in us, but the rest of us too.
    [size=2]~Kristi~[/size]

[QUOTE=kristi cd]I guess that's one of the benefits of being young huh? I eat and eat and can't gain any weight [QUOTE]

Ectomorphs suck

Smile Great Input everyone!

Thanks a lot ot everyone in this thread!

I'm starting my weight reduction plan (again) tomorrow. I'm at 190 and I would like to be down to 180 or less. Lets all keep reporting our progress!

Thanks to everyone for giving helpfull tips! I think I'll also take some before and after pictures so I can see the difference, maybe that will help me keep it off.

I going to start by cutting my beer consumption at least in half, and exercising during the time I normally drink beer, cut out that chocolate donut at every coffee break, replace it with fruit and stick to healthy smaller meals.

Cindy
    Last edited by CindyT; 07-25-2004 at 09:19 PM.
    I finally figured it out! - I'm a Lesbian Trapped in a Mans Body!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/sexycindycd

Love to be in pantyhose

Pick a day to check on progress.

It seems that we have a good support group. However, we can always find room for more. Let's start now and check in on one day a week. I will check in on Monday. Will that work for everyone? Maybe it is a goal that will help us or just a reason to talk.
    Thanks for your responses.
    Miss Vicki

Sounds like a plan

[SIZE=2]Hmm, I weigh about 189 right now, and want to get back down to my 170's, so you can count me in. Although admittedly I do fluctuate about 5 pounds, so we'll see. Mainly I want to get rid of my gut, but I don't think there's really anything you can do to flatten just one thing, so I'll have to go the whole nine... no more .99 cent 1/2 pound burritos from Taco Bell I suppose.

Joanne G makes an excellent point. If you're going to be using weights at all, make sure to use really low weight (those girly vinyl coated weights are good), and just do lots of reps. Any more weight and you'll be adding to your arm girth. And she's right again about leg exercises. Those you'll want to do alot of squats, sprinting, etc to get more leg tone and shift your center of gravity down a bit. I don't know if it's just me, but I find that stretching helps to elongate muscles, so you don't just get a big wad of meat at your calves the way most men do, and likewise in the thigh region.

Hmmm, just a side note, alot of us, especially with the manly professions, make it a habit of having a manly posture... neck forward or straight, with head facing straight forward or down a tad, and shoulders squared. I find it helps if you stand with neck erect, chin tilted perhaps a bit up, shoulders pushed down and back (pushing your chest out a little), and having a bit of an S curve to the spine (although this also protrudes the belly a bit). And when walking, small, mincy steps ladies (think of Marilyn Monroe walking off in Niagra Falls).

You can count me in, just hope I can last...[/SIZE]
    Too... Shy shy... hush hush, eye to eye...

Quote Originally Posted by ericaleighton
    OK so I've already blown the diet. Beef jerky and dots washed down with 1ltr of Mt. Dew for lunch (software engineer diet).

This has to stop...
    You can't expect to get it right the first time, kinda like dressing. Keep at it and don't give up, you know you'll like yourself better for it later. Hope the encouragement helps a lil bit.
    [size=2]~Kristi~[/size]

Anything I can do to help. I've gotten so much here already I need to give back a little.
    [size=2]~Kristi~[/size]

End of week one. I've lost a few inches around the waist, despite partially falling off the wagon (Well, at least it was only 1/2 bag of potatoes chips!). I've been walking a lot more, and cooking at home more (lots of chicken, shrimp) which, considering it's been in the 90's all week, is pretty good. When I went shopping with Samantha we stopped to eat lunch at a Mexican place, and I thought I did pretty good, stopped eating as soon a I felt even a little full.

I bought I tiny denim mini today. I can get it on, but it's a tight fit. That's going to be my gauge: when I can put it on without struggling, I've arrived.

Onward, girls!

Sherry

Myth

Being Stelli seems often to become quite out of ordinary. But I have to contribute my 2c to this discussion.... Cannot resist!

For one loosing weight when you are overweight is healthy. Excercizing is healthy. Taking care of your diet is healthy. But, loosing weight to become less than your normal weight for your construction is unhealthy, desire to look unachivable good is unhealthy. Doing it over the limit is unhealthy. Being feminine equals loosing weight is myth, do not fall for it. Rather choose better fitted things to dress.

Now. To tell you the truth I have lost some weight in some couple of months, I always loose some weight in summer - by choice. At one moment I have weared my boys stuff and looked way too much more feminine than it was my choice at that time.

My recipes include the following:

1. Falling in love - you become restless (excercize) and you forget to eat (diet)

2. Good Sex - feels good - so you do not eat (diet), excercize is included, you need to do it for good sex - see also #1.

3. Doing things that please me in another way e.g. doing some art, gardening or meditating or simply going for a walk or believe it or not sleep enough but maybe the most - spending time with supportive friend or partner (see #1 and #2) - again you are so busy that you forget to eat and second you feel good because you do something that pleases you and usually because you feel good you continue doing it (excercize)

Common point here is not diet and excercize albeit present and stressed - but feeling good! When you feel good, your mussles relax, you start smiling, your movements are gentler you start seeing and communicating with the world in different way and all of that combined with the outfit that suites your body shape results that you feel and look more feminine.

So do not work hard to achive physical outcome, do something for your soul, your body will answer slowly but faithfully.

P.s. I do take a lot of liquids mostly water/herbal tea and vitamins to complement lack of food in the initial part. I also avoid sugar and spirits and absolutely do not drink beer and absolutely refuse to eat snack food (chips, chocolate bars, ice-cream and all sort of "treats") to help you on this - think about shopping - that skirt, dress, bra etc that you can have by saving on snacks or beer. Once you gain momentum your body start asking for less intake and relies on your own stored food (say your belly). But it should land on your normal weight for your body type. I feel much better when I realized that I look more feminine when I dress appropriate clothes and feel good and helathy than to try to put my body to look like sex godess. I even keep small belly - helps some skirts to look good on me.... And guess what?? By not desiring to look unachievable shaped I pass much better because it feels so good, normal and expected.

Moral: Being feminine is not about shape! Biologically womans body has much more fat than men's body by taking off your fat you are actually going away from your desired target.

Hope this helps (too)
    kisses,
    stelli

Love to be in pantyhose

Week # 1 report

It has been the end of week 1 for me and although I could have done better, I have lost 5 pounds. I weighed in last Monday at 200 and am now 195. It is a start towards something positive. I hope that I can continue this for another 5-6 weeks. I have always needed to lose weight and the encouragement here has been a great help.
    Question? I wear a size 16 dress. How much do I have to lose to get into a size 14? Just curious, looking for a goal to reward myself in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Vicki
    It has been the end of week 1 for me and although I could have done better, I have lost 5 pounds. I weighed in last Monday at 200 and am now 195. It is a start towards something positive. I hope that I can continue this for another 5-6 weeks. I have always needed to lose weight and the encouragement here has been a great help.
    Question? I wear a size 16 dress. How much do I have to lose to get into a size 14? Just curious, looking for a goal to reward myself in September.
    That's a good question, except for one problem ... dress sizes are not consistant . They seem to vary by manufacture and style. With our broader shoulders, it may take a larger size to get into a dress with sleeves compared to one with straps .

My suggestion: find a dress you would really (and realisitically) like to wear. When you can wear it, you lost enough weight!

Sherry

Question Where is everybody??

Here I was having a guilt trip for not reporting in last weekend and what do I find? Mine was the last post!!!

I've lost about 2 inches, even though the diet was really in peril several times. I've been walking from the end of the bus line everyday except one (it was over 100 deg and I had just worked 11 hours ... pleeeese!).

The mini that is my gauge is definitely easier to get on, but still too tight for total comfort, so hopefully I can get off another inch or two.

Going shopping with Samantha this Sat, so hopefully I'll look better, and maybe wear the mini!

So, how is everybody else doing?

Sherry

Love to be in pantyhose

Still here

Hi Miss Sherry.

I did not give up. I had lost 12 pounds after the first two weeks. People thought I was sick. I felt great. Very little meat and potatoes. One beer instead of 4-5. A lot of walking and exercise. Shy Charlotte gave me / us some tips, and I started to fit easier into clothing. I have a waist cincher, that as I put it on the eyelets are streched to the max. Now there is no gap and it fits great. Definitely gives a more feminine look.
    Now with what happened. Last weekend, a buddy of mine called and we went for fried chicken and fries and beer. Even took some home. Now I have gained back 4 of those pounds and feel terrible about the weight, but not about the food. It seems that I was getting a little cranky.
    I am back on the diet and am walking trying to get there. I still want to get to a sixe 14 dress this fall. It is a goal.

Good luck to all. I will write on Monday. I promise.

Love to be in pantyhose

End of week three

Anyone still trying to lose? This is the end of week three and I have lost three inches ariund my waist and a total of 8 pounds. I am starting to get grumpy and am ready to pig out. Might be the last post on this subject. Could use support from others.
    Help!