Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Workout Video or Diet ???

The main thing about loosing weight not through a specific diet but just be more sensible eating/more exercise is that the weight doesn't drop off as fas as a crash diet and it will take several weeks. I've dropped 18 pounds over the past 6 weeks.. OK its not a lot but I'm already feeling better for it and people aren't asking me if I'm ill or anything like that.

I've got a size 18 leather mini skirt which is my first "target" and when i hit that then I'll get some pics taken and posted.

suzi

xx

Departed
    I swim but running is much better for that girly figure. It doesn't add to the upper body development and it the best excercise for burning fat. I don't diet at all. It makes me too crabby!

Julie

Keep at it, you know you'll love the end result. (Hope the encouragement helps a lil )
    [size=2]~Kristi~[/size]

Late again.

Was pretty good about my diet this week, and not only eating better, but actually eating less without any feelings of even being on a diet.

Except for a couple of days, I've walked the extra 1.5 miles from the end of the bus line.

I've dropped almost 2 inches, and the mini skirt is not nearly the struggle to get into as it was. Still another inch or so to go, but I do see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Sherry

Love to be in pantyhose
    Thanks for the support. Last week, I thought that Miss Sherry and I were the only ones that were still trying. I will be more focused this week and try to accomplish my, our goal. I am still lokking at the middle of September.

Miss Vicki

Hey girls,
    I have lost 20 lbs in the past few months. I was tired of the middle age spread! I tend to carry the extra weight around the middle and did not like the "pot". I went on the atkins/low carb diet and the pounds started coming off. I also try and ride a mountain or road bike every other day ( The perfect excuse to shave your legs! and wear selective womens bike shorts and tops.) and trade off with a tread mill and dumb bells. Attached is a pic of the former me. I was wearing a girdle sinched so tight I could hardly breath. It was last Halloween, Marilyn Monrow outfit. I did win best costume!
    Must say that I don't follow the diet as well as I did and allow myself a Scotch or two in the evenings but I still back off on much bread or pasta.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's Monday again and I'm afraid I've a bit bad news. After losing a couple of inches, I have back-slid and am almost back where I started, maybe an inch or so less.

I've had to attend several late night business meetings, and an all weekend conference, with the attendant sandwiches and snacks. Add to that no time for any walking, and you get inches!

I have a bit if a break now, so should get back on some kind of diet. If the rain would only stop so I can walk back from the bus stop.

2 steps forward and 1 back still means I'm moving ahead.

Sherry

Scaredsis
    Hi Erica,

I love to slam a dew or two myself. I still "do the dew" but now I only do diet dew. Give it a try.

Hugs,
    Betty

Back on the wagon

Been a long time, and decided to resurrect this post.

After finally getting past all the excuses, I started running, made about two blocks, and all most fell over (I do feel like I've cleared about a year's worth of tar from my lungs though). Been watching my diet, drinking water instead of soda or beer, been taking a dietary supplement known as Hydroxycut (works for some, bad side effects for others.... nothing noticeable yet for me).

Had a question about exercising though. I've been doing alot of sit-ups as of late, and have noticed the belly bulge increasing rather than decreasing (I imagine as the abdominals get buffer, the fat gets pushed out). My girlfriend tells me that as you start doing sit-ups, at first the muscle pushes out the fat, but as you continue to do sit-ups, the workout finally makes its way through to the fat and it starts to get burned. I know this is against common knowledge, as the general consensus is that you can't burn fat selectively, but then again the general consensus in the 80's was that foods with no fat and high carbs were the way to go (and we just got fatter).

I'm trying to avoid total body fat loss, since the more fat I lose from my face and arms, the more pronounced my chiseled, male model-esque features become (just kidding). Anyone know if you can do sit-ups till the love handles and gut go away, or is this just wishfull thinking?

And as an aside, I know this is VERY MUCH against any medical advise, but I was thinking of sneaking some Premarin (at half the suggested dose) to androgynize my figure a tad. Don't have medical insurance at the moment, so don't feel like giving up an arm and a leg for a consultation. Premarin is prescription estrogen for menopause, and I'm not sure if it's the same thing as regular estrogen that pre-ops take.

Just thought I'd ask those of you in the know...
    Too... Shy shy... hush hush, eye to eye...

It's been over a month now, and I must admit I have lost some weight, although nothing close to what I had wanted.

Some good things from the experience (my first ever having to worry about weight/inches):
    My diet has generally improved, with more salalds and less chips
    I've gotten back in the habit of walking

Some not so good things:
    I found out one of the neighbors has a very mean dog
    It's better to cross in the middle of the street than at intersections (2 bumps and a near miss while crossing on a green ped light from cars making a right turn!)
    I've acquired a taste for 7-eleven hotdogs

Sherry

Love to be in pantyhose

Slow but sure

Hello Girls;
    I really wanted to create a more feminine look for myself so that my clothes would fit better and I could feel sexier in them this Fall and Winter. I will have many oportunities to dress this year. In the past month I have lost 12 pounds and gained back 6. I have been working on keeping it off and trying to go lower.
    I am not interested in taking pills to attain the look desired as exercise must be the key for most GG's.

I do have a suggestion for abs. It has worked on me. I have been doing isometric ab exercises. I do not have the discipline to do sit ups everyday, so when I at my desk or at work I draw my stomach in as far as I can and hold it to a count of 5 and then release. I do this as often as I have time for and if I remember. I have lost two inches from my beer belly. Things fit nicer and they do not roll down when I walk.
    It has been a constatnt battle and I am slowly winning. ( I think). I still have my goal ahead and although it might take a little longer, I will acheive it. My Goal... fitting into a size 14 or size 12 short dress. Before mini dress styles go away.

Miss Vicki

Question Is it time to "Weigh-In"?

How's everyones diet going?

I've been trying to follow my diet but I'm afraid I haven't lost much yet! I'll be doing a Weigh-In tomorrow with the guys at work so I'll report progress then. I've cut my "Happy Hour" beer consumption in half, cut many (but not all) carbs, eliminated the morning sweets and taken to using my push mower at least once a week till drenched in sweat. I try to keep eating mostly meats and include fruits and veggies.
    BUT, I think I kinda blew it with a sugar binge one day when I was upset, AND I was at a party where the keg of beer was free (can't let it get warm right?) Hmmm

Can't find a scale right now but I'll be returning to work tomorrow so I'll find out, and report!

Cindy
    Last edited by CindyT; 09-06-2004 at 09:06 PM.
    I finally figured it out! - I'm a Lesbian Trapped in a Mans Body!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/sexycindycd

I got there!!!!

My goal was to reduce enough that I could comfortably put on a mini skirt I have . Last night was the test, and while a little tight it slipped on just fine!

I thought I'd never get there. Although it wasn't a huge reduction, it was only done with a major change in my previous diet (mainly potato chips, coffee and donuts). I started eating salads and chicken, walked about 1.5 miles most days, quit the morning/noon/after work donut, and potato chip dessert following a TV dinner. I feel better, look better, and can wear that hot little skirt with no problems!

Time to hit the clubs!!

Sherry

Way to go girl!
    [size=2]~Kristi~[/size]

Thank you Kristi.

Of course now I have to keep it off! I just hope all the other girls obtain their goals.

Good luck ... you can do it

Sherry
    Whether you think you can, or you think you can't ... you're right
    Henry Ford