Thread: Dressing to music

Dressing to music

Do any of you have different tastes in music when your dressed?
    As a man I'm into Jazz funk, blues and Indie, but as a girl I listen to things like Nora Jones, the Corrs, Destanys child and other things I cant realy handle as a man......I'm a guitar player and when I play as a girl( in privacy) my style goes all soft, folkey with a finger picking stlye. Love playing the guitar in a little flowery dress with my guitar resting on my smooth fleshy tights..... Chloe

Question Feminine Tastes in Music?

Hi Chloe,

I was thinking of this very issue myself, although with a slightly different slant. Are there feminine and masculine tastes in music? My tastes -- whether I am dressed or not -- definitely run towards ballady, soft, folky music like Norah Jones. I also like Irish ballads and musicians for some reason (I'm not Irish myself) like Cherish the Ladies and the Clancy Brothers. I have very little rock music and what I do have you would call classic rock. I really don't like rap or hip-hop or electronica. Most of my buddies (male) would never listen to most of the stuff I listen to. On the other hand, I am constantly loaning out my cd's to my female friends. (A lot like going to chick flicks with my girl friends.)

This is an interesting question. Are there feminine and masculine tastes in music?

Jenny, the folky, jockette (I'll keep adding adjectives) t-girl
    Jenny, The Wild West T-Gurl

Don't Sweat The Petty Stuff; Don't Pet The Sweaty Stuff

Tristen Cox
    As a guy I listen to jazz, rock, + hip hop mainly whenever I get the chance. However when I am using the other half of my personality I only want to hear music sung by females. Nora Jones, Sarah Maclachlan, Sheryl Crow,
    dance music, and even new age.

I totaly agree..........I think as a man I like the same thing. i just cant admit it.although I do have nora jones on My i Pod. Some times I think listening to music can be like an audio version of cross dressing.....I like Emma bunton's( sorry)( baby spice)( no realy sorry) new music.....Its so girly. Its like wearing a bikini under a silky sarong....I love cross dressing in an audi format. sophy ellis bexter...Audio transvestite...thats me

Anita Baker or very old Grateful Dead....... go figure?

Alright, good to see someone else on this site is into the dead. Go figure indeed. Jocee, by early, Id assume you mean 65 to 69, unless you got a hold of some warlocks or something. My favorite era would have to be the good old band sound of 70 to 74. blair.

I like the same music as a male or female ... and what's wrong with Nora Jones?

I like the same stuff, a big mix either way. I like Jazz (I play the sax), I like metal, rock, classical, (an extremely small amout of country), techno remixes sometimes, and very select rap.

Hey Girls,
    What is so bad with "Touch of Grey" by the Dead???? It got me through a really bad divorce... ".. I will get by..." I to love the Dead and it is a shame Jerry had wrapped himself around the tree (so the story I have heard, test driving a new BMW)... but I like soft music, classical, jazz and soft rock all the time anyway.
    Cheers,
    Darby
    Girls just want to have fun... MMMM!

Smile

I mostly enjoy the hard rock heavy metal sound of bands like Van Halen, Ted Nugent, AC/DC, Poison and anything with a good dance rythem.
    I also like some of the modern rock like Godsmack, Drowning Pool, but no rap or hip-hop and I absolutly hate country!

I never really thought about if my taste changes when dressed, but I will investigate this and report back.........

Cindy
    I finally figured it out! - I'm a Lesbian Trapped in a Mans Body!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/sexycindycd

My Friends Call Me Maddy Madilyn's Avatar

Smile My Ears And Soul Don't Change When I Dress...

I concur with Erica and Diane, I listen to the same music from Birthday Suit to Business Suit to Bra and Panties...it matters not to me. I was a music major in school, so I have extremely wide tastes in music (although given my age, I have a penchant for 70's Classic Rock). I can easily listen to Chopin, Brahms, Mozart, Beethoven, or Copeland, yet turn around and listen to Sabbath, Metallica, Velvet Revolver, or AC/DC.

I was a mobile DJ for 10 years, so I have always followed current Pop and
    R & B trends also. I can easily listen to Madonna, Janet, Mariah, Britney, or Christina, but I don't recognize or consider Rap and Hip-Hop recordings as "Music". To me it's a bunch of rude, sexist, violent, vulgar, and unintelligable mish-mosh of words...and half the time it doesn't even rhyme (or they make-up words that's not in Websters to make it rhyme)...I just don't give it the time of day. Everyone has their preferences, and I don't begrudge anyone the right to support that performance style, but IMHO it needs to stay out on the street where it started and never cross my radio frequency.

Anyway, now that I'm completely off topic, I'll exit by saying...bring on the music let's party!
    [SIZE=3]If You Are Beautiful On The Inside, You'll Be Beautiful On The Outside[/SIZE]

Hey girls, check out my Yahoo Photo Album sometime...Let me know what you think???

Ladies, if you like what you see, then please help me out by voting 10 at the Hot Or Not link here...ty

Hi,

I thought I would add to this thread although going off at a slight tangent.

Basically when music and dressing are mentioned together It makes me think of what I like to do. Dress in my sexy gear, put on some slow jazz/funk type music and dance like a stripper!

Real good fun and I am getting better!
    Love kylie, xx.

My music preference doesn't change when en femme or drab. I wouldn't even know where to begin with the huge variety of what I listen to, just changes with the mood I'm in at the time
    H & K
    Jenny K