Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do some of you (Not) put a pic of your fem-self as your Avatar, or post pics?

Question Why do some of you (Not) put a pic of your fem-self as your Avatar, or post pics?

Hi

Ok I have a good idea why , just some of you (me to sometimes) are way to tough on yourselves. Like GGs round the world.

Is it cuz

1) you don't want people you know seeing you.
    ..........If they see you on this web site guess what, they have a secret to.

2) Your paranoid that the world will know you dress.
    ..........I seriously doubt the world Care's to much.

3)Your afraid your wife or SO will see and dump you.
    ..........That is one reason I can see to not to.

4)Your afraid that work will some how find out and you get fired.
    ..........That to is a good reason.

5) insert your own reason here!

We all have out own reason's for posting but I after reading a post asking why do you post your pics, got me thinking why would you not.
    You noticed how many times I used the word (AFRAID) I think we all worry way to much about what people think about this.

It's like you buy a new car say a Corvette , You start see them all over the place or you get a hybrid you see them more now that your thinking about them Becouse you have the very thing yourself.

It's mostly in our heads , we think just cuz we are dressed as a women that everybody will see and stand on there soap box and spout a bunch of at you.

then there are those girls here whom have a pic of there softer side that you can't see there face or do something to hide there face.

Are they braver then those whom don't post pics, or is there still another reason all together.

Now please don't think I am picking on any one , Just being on this site it the right move , just I was wondering a simple WHY.

After all the dumbest question is the one not asked EH.

With all my Love to all , HUGGS
    Last edited by Christina Horton; 06-06-2009 at 01:49 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

I have a picture, which I am thinking about using as an avatar. Just don't think it's that important. My life is simple and I like to keep it that way. So no avatar so far.

For me, there's a pretty simple reason: I don't have any pictures to post!

Sad, isn't it?

It's been several years since I've really dressed fully, and since "the big purge" a few years back (when I first moved in with my now-wife but before I came out to her) claimed my wigs and some really cute outfits, I don't have all the accoutrements I'd need to pull off a look worth photographing.

But, hey, now that I'm part of a community where it's my relative lack of dressing that makes me the oddball....I'll work on it.

Barbara
    5 wins the cupie doll. I have no pictures, I am to hard on myself and feel I would make a not so attractive girl and I need to loose a lot of weight along with a mustache.

Beyond that all is ok.
    Barbara

Let it Blossom - Let it grow

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    I do put pictures of myself here, both in threads and my avatar. But many people here are trying to remain in secret. Since some of the forums are accessible to anyone on the internet ( both directly and via searches **), there are good reasons why folks might not want to show themselves. I think there are a lot of shy people too

Charlene

** try running a search on your user name for example.

People have their reasons, which would be totally understandable, some of which are already posted on this thread.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Hi Christina-

I think it's mind over matter. I don't mind, so it doesn't matter. At least that's how it works for me. My SO knows, my family knows, my friends know...that doesn't leave a whole bunch of people who's opinions would really give me pause.

But I absolutely do understand how it is for a lot of girls, everyone's circumstances are unique and only they can decide how far they want to go or how "out" they want to be. Once you post a pic to the net, anyone can see it and it can wind up anywhere. While I look way different as my girlself (thank the Goddess for that!) there is always the chance of being recognized and for some, even if their family knows, being outed at work, as just one example, could be very difficult if not devastating for them.

Still, it would be kind of nice if more girls pasted up some pix, I think it's great to have a face to put a name to. So to those girls who do, thanks. And thank you, Christina, for some interesting threads.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    Last edited by Joni Marie Cruz; 05-17-2009 at 03:41 PM. Reason: chng text
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Give in, girl-out, enjoy Krista1985's Avatar

I can identify with this reason, sure this is part of it. Privacy is important to me.

Kind of, I just don't want it to limit my opportunities with career or neighborly relations. It's probably in my head but the shoe fits.

Not a concern as I am single, and I'd be upfront with any prospective SO's. Everything I have read seems to indicate this is a wise, though difficult policy.

Yes there is that too. I think laws would prevent that from occurring, but who knows?

I look horrible because I don't have everything I need to look convincing. No wig, no make-up and no styling threads is a serious handicap. Modesty prevents me from offering up any photos. I am a CD white-belt, so I need to rank up a bit (maybe to brown belt or black belt) before I go showing off.

Banned Read only
    I would post my pic as my avatar, but I don't want to be responsible for people losing their lunch...

I like my avatar the way it is.. i have a pic in my profile of the real me.. thats good enough for me...
    [CENTER] Be sure the brain is engaged, before putting the mouth into gear

[SIZE="3"]Sam and I Are Now Together[/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Even if people who knows me get in this site and then they have an own secret, i will be in a diminished position because they would know mine and i would not be aware of it with all the consecuences that it involved.
    That's why i don't agree with the first answer posted at the begining and i wouldn't show my face.

Gold Member
    I guess privacy would be a great concern if someone I know should recognize me here. But then again, what are the odds of someone looking at this site that I know anyway. If you look on dating sites, those who don't show an avatar for fear of recgonition is very common. Since the internet is so big, and this aspect of it so small, the odds are in my favor, hence I have an avatar, and believe me, I have as much to risk as anyone. If someone should happen to see my avatar that I know and call me on it, I could always just deny it. People tell me I look like Tom Petty, but that doesn't mean I'm giving concerts around the world and making millions!!

Gold Member
    Let's start with everyone on this site is different and has different reasons for doing things. Some are all out, some aren't out at all, and then there are various levels in-between.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina W View Post
    Not entirely. This group that you posted in is open to the internet and isn't private. So it is indexed on search engines like Google. Now why would anyone happen to search something that brings them here? Yea, not real likely. But anything can happen and this particular forum has less security than some of the others that require logging in and that can impact some people.

Depends on your part of the world. You have a pretty casual approach. What if someone is a big name in there community? What if their family and friends are very conservative? They may choose to stay super low key to preserve those relationships. And paranoid tends to have a negative connotation. A lot of people's concerns are quite real.

Very true for some. Expand that to other family members and friends.

I agree. And someone said there are laws against that. True, but that doesn't have to be the reason they get rid of you, they can just come up with something else. One of the really messed up things about our work environment (and I am in the US for reference).

Just getting started can cause uneasy nerves over looks. Some of the knockouts here probably were real shy and careful when they started out.

The big thing is that no matter how much we (figuratively) say that we need to go out and represent CDs, it isn't an easy thing for some given their circumstances. And I don't blame those that don't (especially since I am one :-D ). It is a very difficult thing to throw yourself in the line of fire. Some don't let other's opinions bother them as a rule of thumb. But others aren't wired that way and take things more personally. Again, we are all different.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Maybe it's a GOOD THING!?

On other CD sites, many don't post their faces. Instead, they're allowed to post their favorite crotch or butt shot!! Gross!! Gag!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Well I do but soon get tired of looking at my own "puss' so now I put up different pics and themes for my avatars. Breaks up the monotony a little.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I can't figure out the photo up load. I have a photo program on my computer I paid a lot of money the progam and I can not access it here.

Maybe you are looking for someone to attack??????????????
    Last edited by Dressing Jill; 05-17-2009 at 05:06 PM.
    I am Nobody-- Nobody is perfect so therefore I am perfect

There is always room for more friends in my heart

Jill

Gold Member
    Jill, to post an avatar photo you must be sure that the size of the photo (it's dimensions) are within the parameters of 150x150 pixels. If it's bigger than that, it wont post. What photo program do you have?

Aspiring Member

Not on my radar...

Why don't I post a picture?

Simply not something I have any interest in... I know what I look like - I see me everyday. Ditto for my friends and family.

I don't care much one way or the other about posting a picture, but surely if I put up a picture someone will offer an opinion and time and effort will be wasted on chit-chat. Then there's the "competition" aspect: "You look better - I look better. Your other picture was better..." Just to note a few reasons...

Who cares? Not me.

Long story short, "If it's a bother, why bother?"

You noticed how many times I used the word (AFRAID) I think we all worry way to much about what people think about this.

It's mostly in our heads , we think just cuz we are dressed as a women that everybody will see and stand on there soap box and spout a bunch of at you.

:
    Christina, I think you are a bit naive. Or maybe Canada is just a lot more liberal than some parts of America. Yes I am afraid and here's why. In Oklahoma, the state I live in, it is dangerous to be different in any way. And I would face various levels of harassment from neighbors, coworkers and friends.

I might lose my job but probably wouldn't as my skills are pretty hard to replace. But I might not pass the next security clearance and would then be fired.

So I choose to be careful in what I post and don't put up a photo. You need to keep in mind that the rules are different in other parts of the world than what you are used to.

I also realize how lucky I am to have the Internet which allows a forum like this to exist. In Oklahoma I could never find like minded people to get advice and help on crossdressing from.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
    So in the end, the main answer is paranoia. Like so many answers on this site, alas!
    I think, for some, the main answer is they don't like the picture they take - they don't see the person they want to be?

It's about time I changed my avatar, I think - the days of Cap'n Lex and his pirates are no more (which was the reason for mine).
    Nicki

[SIZE="1"]Moi?[/SIZE]

Different strokes.

I prefer to know the face of those with whom I communicate, but it's no biggie when I don't.

I don't mean anything bad by this, but I do tend to think of people who hide their faces on purpose or don't show their face for whatever reason as people who fear they they'll be seen as ugly by others. That's always the first place my mind goes, anyway. But that first thing I mentioned is really the best reason that everyone does not post personal photos of themselves.

I think a lot of people are also trying to hide facial hair. For many, crossdressing is just about the clothes rather than full female appearance. I respect everyone's personal choices in expression, but to be completely honest - the image of a crossdresser with facial hair does look rather odd to me. Perhaps that is because my personal taste in cding is the ultra-feminine look. I most certainly would NOT post a photo of my face here if it contained facial hair (at least not a femme image). Again, I respect everyone's personal choices in appearance regardless.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Well when dressed I think I cahnge enough that no one would recognize the male verses the female in me....

In addition, if they're looking around in this forum it's not because they're trying to find out the scoop on someone...it's because they've got some interest in the general theme in this forum...

Plus I like for people to know what i look like when they talk to me....I think I can be at that open to someone...show them what I'm looking like....
    Discovering the female self aka "Bitch with an Attitude"

it is not so much as I'm affraid as much as it is I don't know how. My wife is the picture person for the internet. She does all the digital stuff. She has tried to show me but I just haven't crasped it yet. That I have not taken any pictures of me enfemme. I really enjoy wearing women's clothing, everything from foundation out. I ussually wear more girly stuff than my wife does. But have never had the urge nor saw the need to take a picture. However I might consider it now that you have caused me to think about it. thank you have a good day.

It's simple--I don't have a picture. When I do then I will post it.

Desperete to get avtaar shoot & up load here

It is feminine fentasy in all of us & to expose our self in open among our community fearlessly . After all feminine sexuality is more in we people rather then male. It would have been better to have seperate c.d. fem island on free zone of earth for us to hang around peacefully
    vjaducd. from india