Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Why do some of you (Not) put a pic of your fem-self as your Avatar, or post pics?

Quote Originally Posted by girlintraining View Post
    I notice that the poster of this thread has her face hidden, how come? Come on give us the reason. You're so anxious to know about us so tell us about why don't post a full face close up of you. Everyone has reasons for what they do, I just don't understand why anyone wants to know. What will you do with this information? I doubt you will remember the individual responses. My two cents, WHO CARES!
    Hi there . I have my pic like cuz It's a new one I have always since I learned to post pics on the puter have been putting my full face pic on my avatar. Just to prove to you hears my pic. I like Karren like to change pic's. If you looked at my signature you will also see my full face pic. I see you don't notice thing like a women does. LOL . They notice every thing. Ya got to love them for it.
    Oh you changed you hair , new tie?,got a tan? etc
    The reason I want to know is because I want to know simple.

You also seem to have a negative attitude to a simple question eh , I WONDER WHY?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Christina Horton; 06-06-2009 at 01:47 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

You are right, I did not see you're photo because I did not read all the way to the bottom. Why? because I didn't want to read why YOU think other people don't post avatars. I get the feeling people ask this question (which has been asked before) to prove that they are superior to the people who do not post real avatars. The I'm not scared why are you question. I do believe you are a women because you are able to ask the same annoying nosy questions that real women ask. I think my real problem is I DON'T CARE! So why did I respond? WOW that's a really good question.

Quote Originally Posted by girlintraining View Post
    why YOU think other people don't post avatars. I get the feeling people ask this question (which has been asked before) to prove that they are superior to the people who do not post real avatars. The I'm not scared why are you question.
    I never said I thought I was Superior ,Your putting words in my mouth.
    I was just wondering why some don't Is that so hare to understand. After all the dumbest question is the one not asked, eh.

I do believe you are a women because you are able to ask the same annoying nosy questions that real women ask. I think my real problem is I DON'T CARE! So why did I respond? WOW that's a really good question.

So your saying that real women are annoying when they ask "nosy questions".
    you see I never claimed to "be" a women I just want to be treated like one.

Did I take your last comments out of context like you were putting words in my mouth. You see I have no problem with people disagreeing with me , I just don't like judge mental people like your first comment. Since you did not read the whole thing and then said I don't poet my own pic shows me you don't like to be informed be for you open you "mouth" ,and then stick you foot in it. Next time READ the hole thing then Please give me or others your INFORMED opinion. Your opinion is not wrong just that it's yours.
    have A good weekend Hun. Oh and don't take what I said to you to heart after all...
    You're so anxious to know about us so tell us about why don't post a full face close up of you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

i haven't posted pics or have my "own" avatar because of a few good reasons:

1.) i'm not out to anyone but myself,

2.) i had an accident in 2006 that left me a C6 Quadriplegic. i'm not comfortable enough to come out because i have to come out to a caregiver and all of my nurses. i have the biggest urge to dress but cannot grow the balls to let everything out. it hurts some but it aggravates me more that i cannot take care of myself. if i just had use of my hands i most likely could do everything i'd need to do to be independent. i pray/hope/wish for a cure for spinal cord injury A LOT. i can live and make do without this cure...but without it, i'll never have privacy or personal stuff, wont be able to dress.

i get really aggravated that i cant do things with friends that would involve staying out late or for extended times because i have to be back home so my caregiver can get me ready for bed...or so i can get catheterized (urinate). it f'in sucks. i cant go drink with friends because i'll have to worry about getting cathed multiple times...or i'll have to have a nurse with me.

i cant go on vacation with being a nurse along because i need to do number 1 and 2.
    being a quadriplegic you cant have much independence...you are always tied down for some dumb rediculous reason. it's definitely an unfair injury.

ok...i'm done now
    -Chastity

This post made for an intersting read! As said it is your right to post a pic or not post. It just seems sometimes people get angry when a certain question is asked. It is interesting for me to read what people have to say and feel like I get to know them better. I do like seeing a pic because it at least to me gives me a feeling of better connection to the person-almost like Im meeting them even when I am not. i do understand the various reasons given- I am very much closeted, even though I do get out. I guess in my fog I feel and hope no one I know will recognize me.

It is an agreement with my wife that I would not publish any pictures to anyone

Definitely preaching to the choir here. I've even posted my male pictures here in several places. I figure if someone I know sees it, they must here for a reason, and I doubt I have to worry about it!

I'm not what you'd call computer literate. It took me forever to figure out how to join this forum. I do have pictures but I haven't the faintest idea as to how to post them even though I'd like to. Sorry....

Quote Originally Posted by ChastityInFemme View Post
    i haven't posted pics or have my "own" avatar because of a few good reasons:

1.) i'm not out to anyone but myself,

2.) i had an accident in 2006 that left me a C6 Quadriplegic. i'm not comfortable enough to come out because i have to come out to a caregiver and all of my nurses. i have the biggest urge to dress but cannot grow the balls to let everything out. it hurts some but it aggravates me more that i cannot take care of myself. if i just had use of my hands i most likely could do everything i'd need to do to be independent. i pray/hope/wish for a cure for spinal cord injury A LOT. i can live and make do without this cure...but without it, i'll never have privacy or personal stuff, wont be able to dress.

i get really aggravated that i cant do things with friends that would involve staying out late or for extended times because i have to be back home so my caregiver can get me ready for bed...or so i can get catheterized (urinate). it f'in sucks. i cant go drink with friends because i'll have to worry about getting cathed multiple times...or i'll have to have a nurse with me.

i cant go on vacation with being a nurse along because i need to do number 1 and 2.
    being a quadriplegic you cant have much independence...you are always tied down for some dumb rediculous reason. it's definitely an unfair injury.

ok...i'm done now
    Hay It's ok to rant after all most of the girls hear can't dresses for some reason or another. So rants are fine.

Well I hope someday they will be able to fix the prob. Coming out to say,your nurse and all the others who help you would not be a prob. I am sure they would be happy to help you dress. I would be no different then if they were taking care of a women that is a quad. You still need to be true to yourself and just cuz you can't move your arms does not mean you will not be able to dress. Plus think of how much better you would feel if you could dress.

I say tell your nurse and ask if she would help you. She is a pro and would not judge you badly. But that's just my

Why do some of you (Not) put a pic of your fem-self as your Avatar, or post pics?

I'm paranoid that my friends and neighbors will know that I dress. But I put my picture on the profile page because I figure it you've gone that far, your one of us.

Gold Member
    It's each there own if you ask me, but some would rather se my garage door than me

Kathryn Janos
    I think it's appropriate for me to respond here, based on some other threads. Perhaps in a consolidated place, people will read my answer and remember it.

As I've said before - I am not ready. I don't do well enough with makeup, I can't afford a wig, and my hair isn't long enough yet. One day, when I get made up, and my hair is cooperating, I'll take a couple shots and get the best one. But unlike some people who've so blindly accused me of hiding, I'm smart enough to know when I do or don't present properly.

I USED to not post because I was concerned about people finding out about me from work or some of my family, but recently I've become very open about it, and so far I've not told a single person who's had an adverse reaction. Of course, I have been selective, but still...

Anyway, once my hair grows some more, I might go to a salon and a makeup counter and just go for it, get all done up and get some pictures. We'll see.
    "Thoughts are the shadows of feelings, always darker, emptier, and simpler. I don't care if they're fake or real, I just thank them for showing up at all. I have black periods. Who does not? But they are part of me; they are not a part of illness, but a part of my being. What am I saying? I have the courage to have them. Four o' clock in the morning. This sucks." - Alkaline Trio - Warbrain (First line courtesy of Nietzsche)
    WARNING: Sarcasm, dry humor, witticisms, and a twisted sense of humor is likely to be present in this post. Please read accordingly. If you are uncertain of my intention, PM me before posting a hasty response that will only serve to embarrass you. If necessary, I will clarify the confusion.

Questions 1 through 4.
    Daphne

As you can see by my avatar and all the pictures in my photo albums, not a single shot is of my face. I've been told by my SO that I pass, and I've passed a few times with people looking me square in the face, so it's not an issue of not being presentable, which is reason some people have stated.

I do not show my face because of fear. It may be an irrational fear, but it is a fear. A simple google image search may provide a link to this page, and someone may recognize me. I realize how ridiculous that is, but when you are 22 years old and living/dependent on your parents, being in the closet is something I must closely guard. Again, it may be irrational, but I'd rather be too safe then loose my little security blanket.

Everyone needs to suck their thumb every now and then.
    Just trying to find my place in the world

Nothing personal, but........

I think it is a sad state of affairs to have a go at someone just because they dont post a pic of themselves. To then attempt to psychologically analyze why shows a real lack of respect and a certain lack of tolerance.

What all who post pics online need to remember is this. Pics posted online can be accessed by anyone with a bit of skill all over the world. Not a problem for those who dont care, but there are many people who wouldnt want compromising pics (which is what these types of pics are to those who are NOT out to the world!) of themselves in the public domain!

Do a google search, or even better, if you have firefox as your browser install an app called cooliris and search for skirts, make-up etc.....I did this and it threw up pics of transgendered/cd's. Some of whom reside on this forum.

As to the "must have a secret if they are looking here" bit, not necessarily. As noted above, search engines can/do throw up this forum so a person might just stumble upon it. That person tells someone else, and so on. Also, if you log on through a public network, or a work network, the places you visit are logged. So your boss, or the IT dept dealing with the network will know which sites you go to!

All it takes is the wrong person seeing the wrong thing ONCE! Once that cat is out of the bag it can/will meeeeeeooooow as loudly as it can........

Fine if you're okay with it, but NOT if you aint!

Rach

I'll answer #5. My reason is that I do not own a digital camera or have a working computer at home, so I guess that y'all can call me a technological dinosaur!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel B View Post
    I think it is a sad state of affairs to have a go at someone just because they don't post a pic of themselves. To then attempt to psychologically analyze why shows a real lack of respect and a certain lack of tolerance.
    I am not "having a go" plus I do not disrespect the girls here whom do not want to post a pic of themselves. I am simply curious of the many different reason for the girls to not to. I am not computer savy ,so I don't know all the ways a person can find someone. So thank you to all the girls whom have enlightened me.THANK YOU.

I personally could care less who finds my pics and don't care what they do with it. Unless they use it to make money , in witch case I want my share of the money.LOL. But that's me.

Thank you all for sharing with me all of your reasons. it has been very interesting and informative. HUGGS.

Kathryn Janos
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachel B View Post
    I think it is a sad state of affairs to have a go at someone just because they dont post a pic of themselves. To then attempt to psychologically analyze why shows a real lack of respect and a certain lack of tolerance.

What all who post pics online need to remember is this. Pics posted online can be accessed by anyone with a bit of skill all over the world. Not a problem for those who dont care, but there are many people who wouldnt want compromising pics (which is what these types of pics are to those who are NOT out to the world!) of themselves in the public domain!

Do a google search, or even better, if you have firefox as your browser install an app called cooliris and search for skirts, make-up etc.....I did this and it threw up pics of transgendered/cd's. Some of whom reside on this forum.

As to the "must have a secret if they are looking here" bit, not necessarily. As noted above, search engines can/do throw up this forum so a person might just stumble upon it. That person tells someone else, and so on. Also, if you log on through a public network, or a work network, the places you visit are logged. So your boss, or the IT dept dealing with the network will know which sites you go to!

All it takes is the wrong person seeing the wrong thing ONCE! Once that cat is out of the bag it can/will meeeeeeooooow as loudly as it can........

Fine if you're okay with it, but NOT if you aint!

Rach
    As an IT expert, I can attest to several facts here.

First off, if your company uses a proxy server of any kind, each and every internet request you send IS logged. This includes websites visited and search terms used. Many companies however do NOT use review these logs unless there is valid reason to do so.

Second, the ones that do log this information rarely use the logging options available to monitor the specific user making the requests. Even if they do, an IT employee will rarely want to become involved with examining then turning in a person for their search terms unless they are, by nature, illicit.

Just a hint. Yes, your searches may be logged and even traceable to you, but the odds are exceptionally rare that you will be prosecuted by them for crossdressing related activities at work. Of course - just keep in mind that if they do choose to single you out for that kind of work, they can typically use the "personal use" clause of the IT contract to terminate you and be entirely in their legal right to do so. All I'm saying is not to be paranoid.
    "Thoughts are the shadows of feelings, always darker, emptier, and simpler. I don't care if they're fake or real, I just thank them for showing up at all. I have black periods. Who does not? But they are part of me; they are not a part of illness, but a part of my being. What am I saying? I have the courage to have them. Four o' clock in the morning. This sucks." - Alkaline Trio - Warbrain (First line courtesy of Nietzsche)
    WARNING: Sarcasm, dry humor, witticisms, and a twisted sense of humor is likely to be present in this post. Please read accordingly. If you are uncertain of my intention, PM me before posting a hasty response that will only serve to embarrass you. If necessary, I will clarify the confusion.

Cristina, My avatar is me. My web cam is not the greatest.

I look like a "fuzzy" Doctor Ruth!

I debated about wearing my reading glasses. But I can't see a darn thing on this computer screen without them!!

Any who, that's what I look like 24/7. Home, work or play.(Ok maybe not play.)

Avatar or not, we are all on equals here. No one is more important than the other.
    Last edited by dawnmarrie1961; 06-10-2009 at 02:09 AM.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Oops! I forgot.

Except for the moderators! They are the tops!
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

don't post pic's

Didn't have any decent out fits until recently and didn't have the tech capability until recently. That may change as soon as I figure out how this stuff work's. I will work on it.

SO of Lisa Golightly Deb The Brunette's Avatar
    Don't think my pics will get past the mod squad.... reckon they'll scare the children

Some people build walls around themselves......not to keep people out
    But to see who cares enough to break them down
    So thanks lisa for taking a bloody great sledgehammer to mine you certainly made short work of it

Loves you Poppet
    x

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]