Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dressed Age

I'll be 40 in a few months, but when I'm all dolled up, people think I'm in my mid to late 20's so I dress like 15 years younger.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Don't we all fight growing old? I am fighting it with all I can muster so I probably dress younger than my real age - but then again, I feel a lot younger than my real age. It is a much different perspective when you are staring at 60 as opposed to 30-40 -50! I am sure those staring at 50 can say the samething.

It's both,as old as my age or a bit younger.If I'm getting made up and it comes out looking younger I'm usually thrilled with the results.I've learned not to expect that every time though, my mood and where I'm at on that day greatly affects the looks I can achieve.

I'll be 40 this year as well, it's only the number of times I've went around the sun, why change anything?

a bit younger--so I flatter myself into thinking
    warmly, Linnea

monkey knife fighter anda_mouse's Avatar
    gina is the same age as i am so 24 it is. a quirky 24 year old though.

I wear whatever, whenever. My wordrobe runs the gamit from grand doughter to granny. Jeez; I just wish I could still fit comfortably in some of my grand-daughter stuff! ( Yes; that pleated denim mini skirt is a little tight these days. )

I'm 57 but I try to dress like a lady who is in her 30's. I buy clothes that younger women would wear.

Does cute have an age range??? I sometimes dress like I want to be more mature, but alot of the time I just dress in whatever's comfortable.
    Last edited by RachelZ; 07-06-2009 at 10:14 PM.

I'm not trying to fool anyone when I dress up as a female. I just wear what I feel like I'm supposed to be wearing. Teenage things. And I feel 'normal' like that. I know it sounds stupid to some, but I will probably forever be a teenage girl, well part of me, anyway.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

SO of Lisa Golightly Deb The Brunette's Avatar

If some of us were to dress our age we'd be wearing coffins

Some people build walls around themselves......not to keep people out
    But to see who cares enough to break them down
    So thanks lisa for taking a bloody great sledgehammer to mine you certainly made short work of it

Loves you Poppet
    x

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

whats this fuss abou age appropriate

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle Hermosa View Post
    When I'm all made up, I both look younger and dress younger than my age.

Having said that, I've never been one to believe in "age appropriate" dressing or looks. What the hell does age have to do with anything? This is why a lot of gg's begin looking older - they start dressing their age when they don't need to.

Hit my flickr photos (link in sig) and then try and guess my age based on my appearance. Obviously, you know I'm older than I might appear as I'm making that clear now, but can you really guess my age based on my appearance alone?

Without makeup, I look like any weathered, aging man. It's been at least 10 years since I turned any women's heads in guy-mode. When I'm Gabrielle though - screw my age! If I can pull it off, I'm WEARING IT! I exercise and work my butt off to look good and all that caked on makeup does wonders for my old face!

Age doesn't mean squat. I believe that's universal. If you can pull off a certain look - what does your age matter? If you look good in it, then enjoy!

In terms of our "golden period" question, I'd say that would be in the late teens and early 20's. That's before the skin loosens up and the metabolism slows down (causing weight gain and muscle loss). Sadly, I never got to see what Gabrielle looked like at that age. I bet she would have been a real hottie... but I'll never know.

With continued exercise, diet, and facial creams, I think I've got the better part of a decade left before I can no longer pull off what I like to wear any more. It will have little to do with my age and a lot to do with how my body looks. According to the "age appropriate rules" I'm already dressing way younger than I should.

My wife dresses even younger than I do, btw! She's older than me and can pull off some rather sexy looks, showing a lot of skin. Guys half her age (and then some) kick it to her regularly. If she was dressing her age... well, it just wouldn't be very pretty, and what a waste of her beauty, imo.
    Yeah dressing age appropriate is vital in a way cos sometimes if u dont look age appropriate u will look rediculous, like a 40, 50 or older lady wearing a teen age pink leggings/tights and parading in public the color might not go with the whole concept. The age appropriate plays a role when our looks answers our biological age..........yes if a 20 year old looks 35yrs (age wise) if she dresses like a 20 it might look odd. The age has to match the look to be able claim the age-apropriate dressing.

I dress my age, 50's, but I try to be stylish and up to date. I look younger than my age when I am dressed. I am small boned and only about 157 lbs so that helps.
    " Don't get in the way of my mood swing !"

I usually dress fairly conservatively, so within that definition I'm probably dressing age appropriate for age 30 and up. I like to think I look younger when dressed, there's for sure much less gray showing!

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    About 253 years older than my age when not presenting several years younger than my actual age.

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar

Age appropriate? NO!

[SIZE=4]I am usually taken to be in my 50's and I wear what any woman not in semi guy mode wears, mostly blouses and skirts, with floral patterns, and a few solids like my shiny golden blouse. I get approval looks all the time from other women, and even get told I am beautiful (what a surprise to me!)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

I dress age appropriately but women my age (50+) can dress in many different styles.

Dressing takes about 10 to 15 years off of me. I have no problem with that. I'm not conciously trying to look younger, it's just that the net effect of being dressed has that positive result. Hey, there's a huge industry that caters just to making women look younger, and there is a similar thread running through female society that tells them to look younger. The media tells them they must look young. All the female newscasters are young, as are the models and the people they see on commercials. They push cosmetics, Oil of Olay, creams, potions, hair color, shapewear, plastic surgery, and special diets.

With men, that same industry pumps "Just For Men" at them and is done with it.

So yes, dressing brings my age appearance down a few notches, but I kind of like that. I'm not trying to dress younger; it just turns out that way.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I dress like a maybe 20-25 girl, and when I do, sometimes I feel like I'm that age. It's fun.

As a guy I'm often told that I look 7-8 years younger (sometimes even more) than I am. However I don't think about age when I buy male clothes and I just dress in what feels comfortable and look good on me.

When I dress as a girl I'm dressing younger than my biological age, but hopefully not so far out that it looks really bad. Mind you, as I've yet to have to courage to venture out dressed I don't suppose it's that much of an issue.

I am not sure what age appropriate means. Another of the societal mores that either make no sense or are rooted in an archaic thought process.

I am sure that GG's wear what they like especially when they get higher in yearly numbers (after all it is just a number) so that they can either relax or not attract attention if they are comfortable in their situation (i.e. married or at that age where they don't have to have a man to define themselves).

Exactly what age do people go from looking sexy and nice to looking like doudy frumps? I am so tired of this "age appropriate" BS. If it looks good on you and does not expose things that legally cannot be exposed and you are comfortable wearing it, then it is appropriate. We complain that we cannot be "Who we are" and then we start placing all these limits on who we can be.

I dress in clothes I like and things I wish GG's who want to be seen with me would wear. Around the house this may be a button up well broken in cotton house dress. On the town it may be a mid-thigh skirt with 4 inch heels. When I reach 100 I'll dress like a school marm, but just for the day before I put on my heels and go to Denny's
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

If you're going to dress like a woman in the first place, you might as well go all the way and dress like a young one! Then again, I'm 26, so I don't have to worry about that yet.

I've always thought that 25-35 is the golden age for women, and I have always worked to achieve that look. :-)

Silver Member
    I do not dress "age appropriate" at all. I always dress to look much younger than I actually am. It would not be much fun trying to look like a 60 year old "granny" so there is no point in trying to achieve that look. I dress the way that I enjoy seeing myself as and the rest of society just has to accept that and if they don't then that is too bad for them. Cd"ing is supposed to be fun and that is how I look at it. If I am having fun with it then anything goes in my opinion.

Smile

I usually dress in my own age group but a couple of years ago I discovered I can shop in the little girls dept. and I do enjoy dressing like a little girl on occasion. Justice for Girls is one of my favorite places to shop.