Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you come to a GET TOGETHER FUNCTION for all us girls from CD.COM?

yeah yeah, count me in, if were all gona dream, just as well be a good one eeh, and Tonya I think you mean Branson Mo. home of the Bald-nobers and every other burned out celebrity
    xoxoxoJennifer Easton
    Mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat girl!

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    Sort of! On the night of the big formal dinner, the crocodile hunter . . errr. . .I mean Suzy, didn't show up! Turns out she was having a "wardrobe malfunction" with her gown so Dita and I went to her room and helped. To be more accurate, Dita helped and I heckled.
    Talk about KIKING a girl when she's down. WOW hun your a b&%$#. Bet you thought I wrote something else but I wrote BABIE LOL. got ya.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Yes, I would come !

JoAnne Wheeler
    "I'm an all American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Count Me In

Absolutely count me in! If 10% of this forums active members attended that could be close to 800 girls. Vegas sounds cool!
    Cara

yes count me in as long as i dont have to fly there, hate flying with a major passion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ADELLE

We are north of Atlanta Ga. Nice house in the woods.

sounds great to me!!!

Yes, It would be great!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Wife likes to wear my cloths

I'm surprised that I haven't heard about any big functions being planned around DC for June- being that it's GLBT Pride Month. I know my firm is recruiting volunteers for the parade, but I'm not going to participate with that. I'm not going to participate because 1) my schedule wouldn't afford me the opportunity when they need the volunteers and 2) I'd have the urge to do it dressed and I don't want to come out to the people here.

Just struck me I didn't answer the question of the thread. Yes, I'd love to go to a get together for folks from here. Depending on where and when, the question would become "Can i AFFORD to go?"
    At SCC last year, it was the group of girls from here that enjoyed hanging out with the most. :-)

If it was near enough to drive and I could get the time.
    Angie

Smile hypathtical gettogether

absdamnlutly that would be cool besides i wanted to meet you anyway
    your sister patricia

We here in the area around Atlanta have monthly meetings. Any of the rest of you are welcome to visit the 'Sigma Epsilon of Atlanta' meeting. Just contact the group for the meeting place.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Why not just go to Divas Las Vegas next year. Las Vegas is easy to get to, hotel rooms are abundant and reasonable, the community is tolerant, there is much to do, in the spring the weather is excellent there is nothing not to like.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Testing One Two Three...

[size="4"]Did anyone notice this? September 22 Atlanta, be there![/size]

Quote Originally Posted by dita_b View Post
    did anyone, responding to this thread, check the "upcoming events" forum, elsewhere on this site? There are lots of those events already organized and some are a huge success...

Personally, i am looking forward to attending the southern comfort conference in atlanta, ga, again in september. Last year there were about 644 of us there and we (this site) had its own 2 large tables reserved and filled. Needless to say we had a blast!

You can look at the pictures, among other spots, in the "out and about" section of this forum... But frankly i thought that by now everyone knew about these events... For this coming event, we've got already some 15 confirmations from members of this site, by last count...

So, christina, you don't have to organize anything, as they are already organized for you and up and running...

Dita.

Some of last year's participants from this site...

Proves my theory, that all anyone ever does is read the first post of the thread then responds. Why am I talking to myself? I don't know. People continue to talk about a hypothetical meeting, and here we're doing it. I must be on another planet. Planet Tracy...
    Last edited by TSchapes; 05-20-2009 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Losing it...
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Once a Girl,always a Girl Dita_B's Avatar
    New Westminster, a city within the city of Vancouver, BC, Canada

Living on the planet where the big events are already happening!

Quote Originally Posted by TSchapes View Post

Proves my theory, that all anyone ever does is read the first post of the thread then responds. Why am I talking to myself? I don't know. People continue to talk about a hypothetical meeting, and here we're doing it. I must be on another planet. Planet Tracy...
    Yes, Tracy, it looks like it and you know what? I think you are right...you are living on another planet and I am living there too, together with the 644 other participants of the SCC...

People only hear what they want to hear and in this case, miss out on the BIG opportunity that is already organized for them and a huge success...

However, just in case, for those who really WANT to hear about a great event, I hereby post the links to the SCC and the quote from the post from Joann07:

http://www.sccatl.org/

and the link to the posts from the SCC:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ort+conference

Quote Originally Posted by joann07 View Post
    YAY!!!! Dita is coming and so is Melissa!!!!
    This is soooooooo cool!
    What a reunion this is going to be.
    I can't wait to see everyone again!

Don't you worry Dita, I'll be bringing my Formula 1 Muscle car for part 2 of the test ride.

Ok. Here's the latest tally of attendees as of 5/17/09:

1. Tracy Schapes
    2. TXKimberly
    3. MJ
    4. Jon
    5. Zelda Rose
    6. Joann07
    7. Eva Marie
    8. ChristineK
    9. Wendy Seymone
    10. Suzy Harrison
    11. Deja
    12. Lia
    13. LisaM
    14. Dita B
    15. Melissa I

Maybe's

1. Sally
    2. ~Kelly~
    3. Joan Merrie

Hugs!
    I rest my case...

Dita.

Last edited by Dita_B; 05-20-2009 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Just because....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Mistakes don't exist, there are only steps on the way to perfection...

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Party at Christina's place!! So can we make it somewhere they mine coal?? Make it easier for me! Nothing like crossdressing on an expense account!! Lol
    But we need someplace large enough, Anyone know of any available Ice Hockey Rinks? nudge nudge " Karren "

Looks like I am your Second NO..!

I do not think my wife would be cool with it, I am still trying to get the nerve to ask her about letting me visits LIPS in San Diego on the overnight work is sending me on.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    My wife and I have plans to do SCC sometime, it was going to be last year but in the end we couldn't make it. What with the economy the way it is, we can't do anything this year.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Ok I could drop everything for an event Like that.
    Last edited by Dressing Jill; 05-20-2009 at 10:57 PM.
    I am Nobody-- Nobody is perfect so therefore I am perfect

There is always room for more friends in my heart

Jill

I'd love to attend a big function like SCC or a Be-All somewhere. But I'd not likely get it past my wife with her blessings, and money is tight. So it's not likely I'd be able to attend. Sigh....maybe one of these days.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Hi Dita, how r u?

Quote Originally Posted by Dita_B View Post
    Yes, Tracy, it looks like it and you know what? I think you are right...you are living on another planet and I am living there too, together with the 644 other participants of the SCC...

People only hear what they want to hear and in this case, miss out on the BIG opportunity that is already organized for them and a huge success...

However, just in case, for those who really WANT to hear about a great event, I hereby post the links to the SCC and the quote from the post from Joann07:

http://www.sccatl.org/

and the link to the posts from the SCC:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ort+conference
    I rest my case...
    Dita.
    Looking at THAT list, I'm VERY tempted to go to Atlanta!
    How do u know all those girls r going? Have they actually booked tickets? Or just said they were going?

That's a bad time for me, but I MITE sneak down just to meet so many of the girls from HERE!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    How do u know all those girls r going? Have they actually booked tickets? Or just said they were going?

That's a bad time for me, but I MITE sneak down just to meet so many of the girls from HERE!
    Hello Doc... Long time, no see...

For what concerns the commitment of all those girls? If you read the thread back, started by TShapes, you'll read for yourself whether or not they have committed and how. Some have and some not yet. But, judging from last year, the ones that commit, are not the flaky ones, I expect every single one of those that are on the list, to appear in Atlanta... Why? Because they wouldn't dream of missing this event...

Here's the link to that thread from Tracy:

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=104243

I, for myself, wait until a little later to commit to my flight and hotel booking, as I expect the prices to come down quite a bit during the summer. But I AM committed to go, because I wouldn't want to miss it for the world! And I am sure that most of the girls who go there once, are hooked, you included... So realize what you are getting yourself into, before you take the plunge...

See you there, doc!

Dita.

Here's the group from Crossdressers.com from last year at the SCC: (I am the third from the right, standing in the back row...)

Last edited by Dita_B; 05-21-2009 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Added picture...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Mistakes don't exist, there are only steps on the way to perfection...

Well,, IF you held it within a 50 mile radious of me, I'd go and not think twice

I will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post

I've registered for the conference and booked my room. Once it is closer to the event I will book my flight and make arrangements for a car.

-Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

I've registered for the conference and booked my room. Once it is closer to the event I will book my flight and make arrangements for a car.

-Tracy
    PSSSSTT. . . . flights are usually cheaper if you book them earlier. Don't wait too long. . .

Flight prices to Atlanta?

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    PSSSSTT. . . . flights are usually cheaper if you book them earlier. Don't wait too long. . .
    Pssst... Kim, I don't think so, especially in this economy... I'm waiting until probably the end of June with my bookings...

Did you try and look at Hotwire.com? They have the best flight (and hotel) prices .... ever!

http://www.hotwire.com/

But don't take my word for it... ask that girl from down under, she booked a flight half around the world through them!

But promise me not to tell anyone, it will be our little secret!

Dita.
    Last edited by Dita_B; 05-21-2009 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Just because...

Gold Member
    This is a couple of years old, but I would think a couple of these still apply to getting the best ticket prices.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/03/12/pf/s...031215?cnn=yes