Thread: An amusing little story from a friend!

Smile An amusing little story from a friend!

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share with you a story that a fellow Tgirl told me about when she stopped in a local TG friendly restaurant that our Tri-Ess group frequently dines.

It was around midnight, early Tuesday morning, and my friend (Brianna) decided to stop in the St. Pete Diner for coffee on the way home after a long night.

She and a few other friends ate dinner at that same Diner earlier that night and when she went back for coffee, the same waitress served her. She giggled as she took her order and said. "Gee, Honey, you're out late tonight. I'll get your coffee, then I have to tell you something".

She brought over her coffee, then sat down in the booth with her and told her what had happened earlier that evening.

Waitress:
    "A couple of hours after you guys left, another gurl came in and had coffee and a piece of apple pie. I think she was in her fifties and had on a nice lavender dress. You know, we get all kinds of people in here, especially late at night.

Anyway, a straight couple, in their forties comes in and the wife has to use the ladies room. The gurl in the lavender dress, had paid her bill and was in the ladies room. Well, the wife goes into the bathroom and a couple of minutes later, the gurl in the lavender dress comes outs, says goodnight to me and leaves. Then the wife comes out of the bathroom, walks over to the counter and asks to speak to the manager. Like, the chef hears this (she's a nice GG) and comes out of the kitchen and asks the lady what her problem is.

Well, the lady starts complaining that there was a man in a dress, in the ladies room, and people like that shouldn't be allowed in the ladies room.

You should have seen it, giggle.

The chef takes a step towards the lady and then says, real loud, 'I'd much rather have ten of 'those people' come in here, then one of your kind.

The lady started muttering, then went and got her husband and they left.

I didn't miss their business. I'd much rather have nice people like you come in here, you're never any trouble."

Brianna found her story rather amusing. She said that maybe if more gurls went out, they'd find that they're more accepted than they thought.

I thought that was a great story and I'm glad there are places like this where the people defend and support us.
    The staff at that restaurant has always been very kind and courteous whenever we dine there and they always give us great service.

If any of you have plans to visit Florida and happen to make a stop in St. Petersburg, drop in at the St. Pete Diner and they'll treat you right. The food is good and the prices are pretty reasonable.

I just thought I'd share with you all good story that ended on a positive note.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

Aloha Joann,
    That's a really great story, thanks for sharing.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Name that restaurant! I will be sure to go there the next time I am in Florida! We need more places like that!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Thanks Joann.

All: If you do go to the St. Pete Diner, let them know that Joann let us all know and that we appreciate their attitude towards us. We all need to reinforce these attitudes and our $$$s are one way to do it!

Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

Aspiring Member
    Way cool. I need a place like that in my little piss ant town of 400.

That's SO great! It's nice to hear good things once in a while. Thanks Joann!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Hmmm.

I've been thinking of moving. I'll add Florida to my list!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Oh my! Great minds think alike. After we had our Board Meeting the other night, after she and I gabbed, Brianna went back to The Diner and got this story. Sorry I didn't go there for a Cup of Joe, and got That Story first hand! I was also thinking about conveying the information to you folks but Joann beat me to it!

FYI....Florida is a funny state. Pockets of liberal thinking, and they can be right next door to people who would like to see us burned at The Stake! But, we have always been treated with the utmost in dignity and respect at The Diner. The food is good and plentiful, you get to see all kinds of folks and friends from The LGBT Community, and they are very reasonably priced. Open 24/7 and quickly becoming a favored meeting place for just about everyone in The Area. WE WILL HAVE TO LET THEM KNOW ABOUT ALL THIS FREE PUBLICITY THEY ARE GETTING.

I had a funny thought. What would be The Response if I claimed I was a straight man and complained about Gay Men using The Men's Bathroom? I know The management at The St. Pete Diner would tell me to "stick it," But my point is that all these silly supposed problems about the use of The
    Restroom can become simply ridiculous.

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 05-20-2009 at 08:06 PM.

That is so cool!

Yea! One for our side! That's one small step for T-girls and one giant leap for all mankind!

Love, it

Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Gold Member
    A great story JoAnn. Thanks for sharing, and if I'm ever down that way, I'll be sure to stop in at that diner.

Another reason to be generous when tipping your server.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Nice story. I always wanted to ask GGs who object to us using their restrooms what they think we should do. I have no sexual interest in the bathroom---I am just trying to do my business. What do they think would happen to me if I used the men's room?

Aspiring Member
    Nice story, glad a manager takes care of her customers.

Good story! I always thought a great comeback would be 'how did you know the person was a man?'. It's a difficult question to answer without sounding a little rediculous because if they point out a male feature you can respond by pointing out the complainer's male features also etc... and if they actually admit to having spied on the other person (while in the stall) they could be in serious trouble themselves. Never understood the logic...we all share the same bathroom at home and my mother always said she's seen it before.

Quote Originally Posted by sterling12 View Post
    WE WILL HAVE TO LET THEM KNOW ABOUT ALL THIS FREE PUBLICITY THEY ARE GETTING.
    Please send a letter of appreciation to the establishment for doing what is right.

Class will always rise to the top. Good for the St Pete Diner!!!!!!
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

that was great we need more supporting places like that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That's so nice - It shows the world is changing

I am in love with the most understanding GG and my biggest fan. Jennifer, I love you!

Such a neat story, thanks so much for sharing.

I'll play devil's advocate in hindsight's 20/20 vision. The chef's response on the fly was priceless but where the customer had apparent issues before with the tg thing, she is likely an absolute hater now.

Might the chef had tried to educate the customer in the error of her thinking, perhaps she would have left in empathy. Now I'd bet said customer has told everyone she knows about the creepy experience with the guy in the lavendar dress in the ladies restroom, thus creating more who would be aligned against us out in the real world.

Again, this is simply a thought which came to mind. It doesn't take away from the fact I'd give the chef a huge hug for doing what she did.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Wow! That's great to hear. I actually live a few minutes from st. Pete. I'll have to check that diner out. I also really need to look into joining the local tri-ess chapter. Sounds like a great group of girls!

well Gee

Gosh you really can't blame the lady for being upset. After all finding a man in the ladies rest room can be a bit unsettling. She probably didn't have any exposure to folks like us. The manager really should have been more understanding.

Vieja

Quote Originally Posted by El.Vieja View Post
    She probably didn't have any exposure to folks like us. The manager really should have been more understanding.

Vieja
    Then one wonders which rock she lives under. C'mon really. Of course we don't know exactly what went on in that restroom, 99.99% chance that the lavender dress person went in the stall, did her thing, came out washed her hands (probably where they crossed paths) adjusted make-up maybe said Hi how is your night, and left. What if this was 60 years ago? Florida. Deep south and there was an African-American using the restroom? I know that people don't like that analogy but it fits. The only thing that the manager probably should have taken into account is the loss of a customer and as was stated before the fact that that customer will now be telling her prejudiced friends how open minded this establishment is.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,