Thread: What would the easiest way be to...

What would the easiest way be to...

If I could find a woman who would be willing to help me with crossdressing in person, that would be very helpful.
    I do not mean a crossdressing dress-up business.

I'm not sure how I could find someone willing to do this though.
    There aren't really any women I regularly hang out with, and I couldn't ask any women I know at work.

Only a small portion of women would probably be willing to do this.

Is there any online service that links people up for things like this, or is there another way?

I think you are selling a large portion of the female populations short here. I think a fair number of women would be delighted to help you - provided they are not dating you. Dating a woman tends to make her less tolerant for some reason.

What you need to do is make some female friends.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

I couldn't have put it any better than Hope already did!

I had and have a fantastic female friend who supported me for shopping, choosing outfits and helping do all of that, not to mention was a overall general friend whom I still love and cherish for letting me bitch and moan to her on all those frustrated evenings!

Entrust yourself to a very close friend and you'll probably find their more tolerant than you'd expect and help you out!
    Lots of Love,
    Rach
    xxxxx

Debie posted her accounting of the service she uses down in Atlanta I think.. And we chatted about it... Like a shopping partner who helps you with your makeup and you stay with her for a full day at a B and B.. If I find the thread I'll post it but the chance of finding a woman that will help you out is probably slim, in my humble opinion. And something like this may be your next best alternative. PM Debie and ask her if you like..
    Last edited by Karren H; 05-21-2009 at 08:32 AM.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Post on Craigslist. A few years back, my wife had posted on there offering to do makeovers and help shop and all kinds of stuff like that. She received a couple of email responses, but no one followed through.

Aspiring Member

Not that difficult...

In my experience, if you provide the right information, you get a lot of good responses - and very few bad. Almost none.

Over and over again I have had women offer up all kinds of help when I finally just opened my mouth and said, "I'm into..." And, all to the good. Apparently, many people just want to have friends, be friends. Helping is a great way to make friends.

If you want a woman in your life who's into what you're into, you're just going to have to let people know until you and she get together.

These pages are full of CDers', etc., who've found someone to settle down and be happy with. Take note of that and proceed to do likewise.

You can't win if you don't play....

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by dack View Post
    If I could find a woman who would be willing to help me with crossdressing in person, that would be very helpful.
    What is it you need help with? Tying your shoes? Makeup? Or indulging some odd fantasies? You looking for a friend, or a dominatrix?

There aren't really any women I regularly hang out with,
    Well, duh, problem #1. Sailor can't have a girl in every port if he never leaves the ship.

Only a small portion of women would probably be willing to do this.

You don't hang out with any women, but you know this for a fact, eh?

Read the threads here where the wives talk about how they would never have looked for CD'ing as a quality in a mate, but because they want the guy, they take the whole package. There are a lot worse things women overlook or accept in a relationship -- for the right guy. Be the right guy.

Banned Read only
    ...and as also noted here a time or two... if ya wanna meet women, ya gotta hang with them. (They're not so icky after all!)

One good female friend always leads to more... she introduces you to her friends, they introduce you to their friends...etc...etc...

But you can't be creepy...or needy...or whiny... you gotta be your charming self!

That's how you get to be "just one of the girls"...

Yep, get out there and be yourself. You'll be amazed at the women who will give you advice. But think before you take it!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Dack, get out and meet some people. Go out with your coworkers for a drink after work, join a transgender support group in your area, take a course at the community college, volunteer to help an organization you support, go to church, you will eventually connect with someone.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I posted on Craigslist and found a lady, young enough to be my daughter even. She was willing to help in any way possible. Nothing was off limits with her. I'll bet within a week you will have a friend if you post on Craigslist. Keep us posted on how things go.

Re: What would the easiest way be to...

I posted on Craigslist and found a lady, young enough to be my daughter even. She was willing to help in any way possible. Nothing was off limits with her. I'll bet within a week you will have a friend if you post on Craigslist. Keep us posted on how things go.
    What section did you post under? The men seeking women section? What kind of post did you write?
    How did you make sure it was a woman and not someone playing a joke on you?

Entrust yourself to a very close friend and you'll probably find their more tolerant than you'd expect and help you out!
    Still has some risks in some cases. Yes, I'm sure there are many women who don't care if men crossdress, but it wouldn't be fun to discover someone completely dislikes it the hard way.

What is it you need help with? Tying your shoes? Makeup? Or indulging some odd fantasies? You looking for a friend, or a dominatrix?
    Just general help in dressing up -- ie borrowing a dress, help putting on makeup, asking if a set of clothes works...
    No - nothing like a dominatrix.

Banned Read only

Just general help in dressing up -- ie borrowing a dress, help putting on makeup, asking if a set of clothes works...
    No - nothing like a dominatrix.

This is simple... but I don't know anything about you that might temper what I say. How old are you? Do you live in a big city or small town? Do you have any friends at all? Have a job? Car? Hobbies?

Being 22 in L.A. is going to take a whole different approach than being 60 in Bumfuq, North Dakota. Give us something to go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    I think you are selling a large portion of the female populations short here. I think a fair number of women would be delighted to help you - provided they are not dating you. Dating a woman tends to make her less tolerant for some reason.

What you need to do is make some female friends.
    I think that Hope is right. I know that in my own case, I have found a GG who has been very helpful to me. I found her by contacting her to give me a facial. I told her that I crossdress; I went to my first session and enjoyed it very much. She was great. Subsequently, she has given me about a dozen facial treatments (I pay for these, by the way), but we have also gotten to be pretty good friends, and she has helped with other things--make-up, clothing selection, etc.
    warmly, Linnea

This is simple... but I don't know anything about you that might temper what I say. How old are you? Do you live in a big city or small town? Do you have any friends at all? Have a job? Car? Hobbies?
    Mid twenties, reasonable sized conservative town (though not a big city), yes I have friends, yes I have a job - computer related, an old car, hobbies are generally computer related or involve writing/simple comic drawing.

I'd be curious to know where you posted and how you were sure who you were speaking to.

Banned Read only
    Mid twenties, reasonable sized conservative town (though not a big city), yes I have friends, yes I have a job - computer related, an old car, hobbies are generally computer related or involve writing/simple comic drawing.

Mid-20's, car, job... hell, you don't need help.

Go get yourself a girlfriend. If one doesn't work out, get another one. Or two. Just put yourself out there, and don't be too picky.

Why do you need help in dressing up? Why can't you buy a dress, because the odds are against a borrowed dress fitting very well. Makeup isn't rocket science, anyone can learn to do a basic makeup job. Really. I learned how and I'm no brainiac. There's books, there's videos, there's makeup counters, there's magazines. Enough information to be overwhelming. Same goes for fashion.

And if you want to know if an outfit works, besides looking in the mirror, you can always posts pictures here. While there's plenty who will tell you how gorgeous you are no matter what (because they're trying to be nice and encouraging), there's some who if they say you look nice, really do mean that you actually look nice. You can figure out who they are easily enough.

Veronica
    Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.