Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cd to ts

I will continue to say that I find these threads to be unusual at best and inappropriate at worst.

Kathryn Janos
    For me, my realization came when I started regularly CD'ing. I am not positive yet, and haven't started hormones, both due to cost and because I wish to consult a gender therapist for a final confirmation, but I am pretty sure at this point. As soon as I have a job with healthcare again, I'll speak to a therapist and go from there.

But yes, I too have pretty well moved on to considering myself transsexual.
    "Thoughts are the shadows of feelings, always darker, emptier, and simpler. I don't care if they're fake or real, I just thank them for showing up at all. I have black periods. Who does not? But they are part of me; they are not a part of illness, but a part of my being. What am I saying? I have the courage to have them. Four o' clock in the morning. This sucks." - Alkaline Trio - Warbrain (First line courtesy of Nietzsche)
    WARNING: Sarcasm, dry humor, witticisms, and a twisted sense of humor is likely to be present in this post. Please read accordingly. If you are uncertain of my intention, PM me before posting a hasty response that will only serve to embarrass you. If necessary, I will clarify the confusion.

Banned Read only battybattybats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaM View Post
    I will continue to say that I find these threads to be unusual at best and inappropriate at worst.
    Why?

We do know a number of self-identified CDs go on to transition and self-identify as TS and that they seem to be a definate minority of CDs.

So why is this thread unusual or inappropriate?

Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    No more dangerous than smoking... what a relief !
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by battybattybats View Post
    So why is this thread unusual or inappropriate?
    I dont know ........ hmmmm lets find out.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky1959 View Post
    I have reserched hormones for years, know the dangers.
    my therapist says it is no more dangerous then smoking, Overweight,You name it.
    I am glad you did years of research to realize the dangers of hormones and that your therapist [who isn't a doctor] told you they were not dangerous. Thanks for clearing that up!

Can someone now give me light, pass me that bucket of chicken and slide that bottle of Scotch over while I'm waiting for my nondangerous mexicali medicine to arrive?

I am glad you have been seeing a therapist.

I am seeing a gender therapist on monday. You are right, Dont mess with with any drug without a drs, close watch. By the way, I have always wanted to transition. A life long desire. Can't wait, to be my true self. YEH!
    Yes don't mess with drugs [unless they are no more dangerous then smoking, drinking, over eating or handling asbestos] unless your therapist gives you the OK!

Oh Sorry I meant to say I am glad you are seeing a therapist on Monday.

I hope they can help you with your life long desire to transition and get you the hormones that you haven't taken yet but you need to do that with.

recently, by trying hormones, and really thinking it through and being honest with myself,

I was on [non doctor prescribed] hormones for six months And instantly knrew I was truely needed to be a woman.
    Oh, I'm sorry, I meant to say I hope the therapist you have been seeing for the last 6 months [since this Monday] who was giving you hormones [they weren't] will start or continue to give you the hormones you were or weren't taking and will continue to do so for you.

And that they help you to reach your life long goal [that you've had for 6 months after starting hormones] to transition.

Can I ask two questions?
    When your done with the DeLorean can I borrow it?
    And what time does Da Plane! Da Plane! leave the island?
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by kellycan27 View Post
    No more dangerous than smoking... what a relief !
    ummmm...No. Sorry, but I don't think this information is accurate.

Silver Member
    "Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to decieve"

Jenny

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Brown View Post
    ummmm...No. Sorry, but I don't think

Really? sorry, just being a little sarcastic........AGAIN

Which way did they go George? which way did they go?
    Last edited by kellycan27; 05-23-2009 at 01:29 PM.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Kathryn Janos
    Oh em gee... Where to start?

Ok, first off, let's separate a couple of things here without even identifying the... people... for lack of a better word, who posted them.

First off, this forum is for CDs, but especially as related to both CD and TS issues, there's NOTHING to prevent someone from posting something about TSs here. In this case, the question is very specifically directed at CDs! Yes, it's VERY relevant to being in the CD forum. For those of us with little reading comprehension and even less reasoning capacity.

Second, yes, although there may be some inconsistencies that aren't addressed properly here, and they may well be "red flags," all we can do here is recommend that the OP see the appropriate doctors to be monitored and adjusted properly. Jumping on her and even insulting her might make her just defensive and not do it to spite you.

Third, let's get something real straight here: A LOT of TSs start confused as to who they are. I did. As I said, I can't be positive, mostly because I have serious self doubts all the time, about everything, and it's why I'll be seeing a counselor, but when I do, if nothing explicitly exclusive of that comes up, I'll be asking to start hormones. Plain and simple. I don't want to waste my life not being who I feel I am.

I'll address more bitching when I feel like rereading this thread and come across more spanking that needs to be done. Not the fun kind.
    "Thoughts are the shadows of feelings, always darker, emptier, and simpler. I don't care if they're fake or real, I just thank them for showing up at all. I have black periods. Who does not? But they are part of me; they are not a part of illness, but a part of my being. What am I saying? I have the courage to have them. Four o' clock in the morning. This sucks." - Alkaline Trio - Warbrain (First line courtesy of Nietzsche)
    WARNING: Sarcasm, dry humor, witticisms, and a twisted sense of humor is likely to be present in this post. Please read accordingly. If you are uncertain of my intention, PM me before posting a hasty response that will only serve to embarrass you. If necessary, I will clarify the confusion.

My understanding in a nutshell, based on what I've read so far, is there are two types of TS's: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blancha...awrence_theory
    This topic is probably going to get moved, but for those of us CD'ers ho are not familiar, read on:
    1. Homosexual TS, whom are basically effeminate boys & men, who are generally gender dysphoric.

2. Autogynephilic transsexuals, who are not particularly effeminate men, but want to embody the female traits for sexual motivation, expression.

One reason I am bringing this up is because about 6 or 7 years ago a chidlhood friend came out to me, and wrote a long letter expressing the 'female in a male's body' manifesto and became transsexual , which I think this person was entirely convinced was the case, and wanted everyone else to believe it....Yet, my friend was one of the lease effeminate men I have ever known. The point I'm trying to make here is that psychiatrists are extremely aware that many TS candidates claim to be homosexual transsexuals because they are too ashamed to admit they are autogynephilic transsexuals. They think they can pull a fast one over the medical professionals, but they are wrong.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 06-08-2009 at 09:44 PM.

Pardon the response, but The Blanchard, Bailey, and Lawrence theory is plain old bullshit.

My understanding in a nutshell, based on what I've read so far, is there are two types of TS's:
    This topic is probably going to get moved, but for those of us CD'ers ho are not familiar, read on:
    1. Homosexual TS, whom are basically effeminate boys & men, who are generally gender dysphoric.

2. Autogynephilic transsexuals, who are not particularly effeminate men, but want to embody the female traits for sexual motivation, expression.
    And your "understanding" is nothing but (I won't say it this time) either. I suggest you get to know some actual transsexuals before espousing nonsense like this.
    Last edited by Sharon; 06-09-2009 at 09:45 AM. Reason: the later the hour, the worse the sp
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    Pardon the response, but The Blanchard, Bailey, and Lawrence theory is plain old bullshit.

And your "understanding" is nothing but (I won't say it this time) either. I suggest you get to know some actual transsexuals before expousing nonsense like this.

"one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Minus the triple six.. :)

And your "understanding" is nothing but (I won't say it this time) either. I suggest you get to know some actual transsexuals before expousing nonsense like this.

Thanks, Sharon. That comment made me cringe, until I read yours!!

Thank you Sharon. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Hi Ladies,

I am by no means an expert on this, even as a CD I have been relatively closeted, having not been out of the house en femme yet or, for that matter, do I have an entire feminine outfit I could wear out on such a trip. So I preface my comments with that. However, my instinct on this is that the issue of CD to TS is more a matter of internal feelings and thought processes, and perhaps some chemistry and brain wiring, so I guess I feel like I can at least comment on it despite my lack of "dressing" experience.

That said I have had thoughts about these kinds of issues since adolescence, and for some unknown reason spent the better part of the last weekend reading the posts on the TS forum and some of the links that are posted there. I am now contemplating what that amount of time spent reading those means. Irregardless, I would strongly advise any CD even thinking that they may be TS to go do just that, because the warnings that a number of the ladies here have made are, from what I read, right on mark.

Are there some inconsistencies in the posts on this thread, and are some of the related topics apparently taken a bit too lightly? Yes, I would have to say there are. But I think the amount of attention this thread has received should show us that is IS appropriate for a CD forum. Why? Well, a few things I read in the TS forum indicate that it is from CD group of the transgendered that most if not all MtF TS persons originate. It was stated that sometimes the person wasn't even fully aware of this aspect of their personality when they began dressing.

Additionally, the whole process of "transitioning", at least as it was described, was about as far from a picnic as we are from the moon. Two descriptions I saw used the analogies of an "atom bomb" and a "tornado" going through your life. Many TS women upon fully transitioning find themselves without their friends, family, SO, money, job and career. Basically ground zero. It certainly doesn't sound like fantasyland to me. Definitely not something to "try out" nor to do without all the right professional advisors beside you. The drugs used ARE potent and dangerous and can (and do) apparently kill a minority of those taking them.

So all I am saying, is if anyone reading this is thinking they might be TS, then go read what they go through and about the tough, arduous and sometimes dangerous path they face. Is it the right path for some? Yes I think so, if done with the proper medical and therapeutic support for the right reasons. As for myself, I think I would be rightfully scared as hell to wake up one morning and be certain I was really TS. That said, I can't rule out the possibility of that happening.

So in closing be fully informed and get the proper help before doing anything like self medicating and such. From what I read anyway, it could just save your life.

>>>hugs<<<

Pauline

Quote Originally Posted by MissConstrued View Post
    Some people, it seems, have a difficult time keeping their stories straight.

I'd also be concerned about the sanity of anyone messing around with his body chemistry... and the literacy of said lunatic posting what is obviously a transexual matter on the section of the forum clearly labelled "cross-dressers."

Multiple failures to RTFM? Or rampant fantasy?
    LOL. I'm your newest fan.

With that opening gambit I don't see much chance of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline Lauren View Post
    As for myself, I think I would be rightfully scared as hell to wake up one morning and be certain I was really TS.
    I fought with everything I had against it but like a behemoth it overcomes all resistance in the end until I found myself with a stark choice... Live or die.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Nathalie66 View Post
    My understanding in a nutshell
    Thank You for pointing out the fact that your knowledge DOES indeed fit in a nutshell.

I won't even get into a discussion of BB&L, The 3 stooges of "mental health".
    But if you care to expand your knowledge, give this a read: what_is_gender.htm

What can I say, you already said it best! Thanks Sharon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline Lauren View Post
    I am by no means an expert on this,

I think I would be rightfully scared as hell to wake up one morning and be certain I was really TS. That said, I can't rule out the possibility of that happening.

Additionally, the whole process of "transitioning", at least as it was described, was about as far from a picnic as we are from the moon. Pauline
    Paulie, for someone that claims to not be an expert you seem to have a pretty damn good grasp on things. Don't sell yourself short.

For lack of a better phrase, scared is good, it makes you think long and hard.
    It has not been a picnic for me so far, but the friends I have made along the way and the clarity of acceptance has helped me a lot.

Yes, some just walk into the light,
    and some of us have to be dragged kicking and screaming.
    But either way still gets you to the starting line, sorta speak.

PS: Welcome to the forum and I hope to see more of you.
    Last edited by Sammy777; 06-09-2009 at 03:19 AM.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

First, Peace & Love to everyone.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nathalie66
    My understanding in a nutshell

Thank You for pointing out the fact that your knowledge DOES indeed fit in a nutshell.

I won't even get into a discussion of BB&L, The 3 stooges of "mental health".
    But if you care to expand your knowledge, give this a read: what_is_gender.htm
    Aftergetting a full shot of mud in the eye, I'd be willing to get a better understanding based on your experience, for my understanding at least. Iadmit my education on these matters is probably short and way too mcuh of a nutshell.
    I came here for a better understanding, only to find myself in a firebath.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 06-09-2009 at 06:59 AM.

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    I started my transition months ago and see my terapist and take hormones andmade a importmant decision to transition and cant wait to be myself.

Minus the triple six.. :)
    I came here for a better understanding, only to find myself in a firebath.

Well what do you expect with statements like...

. They think they can pull a fast one over the medical professionals, but they are wrong.

At the end of your spiel, you add that little dig in there, as if you know for a fact those "professionals" are right.

I personally felt a lot of hostility in your statement, and perhaps a bit of bitterness?

If I am wrong, then I apologize, but for a TS person like me, to hear someone, who is not me , even insinuate that I'm not what I KNOW I am, it causes me(and other TS girls) to sharpen our claws ad get ready for a fight.