Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Most Crossdressers Want To Be Female?

Do Most Crossdressers Want To Be Female?

I have not visited here for a long time and I apologize if this question has already been asked. The question abviously is directed at crossdressers who wear female clothes. I ask because I wear skirts and dresses but do not want to be female. I consider that guys should have the option to wear the same clothes as girls without any stigma attached.

I know that I don't want to be female, but there are crossdressers and others who in fact do. I really can't find any exact statistics.

I also wear "women's" clothes, but there's no way I want to be female. It's a man's world, and I enjoy that way too much. I also enjoy being a husband/father/grandfather!

Tony

the thought has definitely crossed my mind. but I'm happy to be a girl only some of the time. mainly because I'm interested in women and I'd like to have kids one day.

I have no desire to transistion. I have thought about it by I enjoy too many MAN things to give it up. It would also end my marraige, and that is just too important to me

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Hi Georgina-

Interesting question. Speaking only for myself, the answer is no, not necessarily. Perhaps it depends on exactly what you mean by wanting to "be" a female. Do I oftentimes wish I had been born a girl? Yes, it would fit more with how I feel myself to be as a person. When I dress I want to be as feminine as possible given what I have to work with body and looks wise, but I don't think that I am a woman when I dress. There is a difference, a very profound one, between being CD and being TS.

And I very much agree with you that we, anyone, should have the freedom to choose our appearance whether that means a guy putting on a dress or a woman wearing mens' jeans or dressing up as a 10th Century Viking if that's your thing.

Hugs...Joni Marie
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

There's a significant part of me that really wishes I were female. It is always there, and never goes away. Some days the its voice is very loud, and on other days, it is much quieter. However, there is also a part of me that is fine the way I am. That part always reminds me that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. If that fence is enclosing a pasture, it might well have green grass, but it may also have lots of cow pies.

So I guess the answer, as it pertains to me, is both yes and no.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Not really a desire to be female

But a desire to be feminine--pretty, girly, however you want to put it. I think the effort in being feminine despite your gender is what makes a cd interesting to begin with.

Former Member
    No, I enjoy being a man too much. I just have an unusual hobby.....

Wow how do I say this correctly. I am both female an male just in one body with the male parts. I enjoy being both. I can use the female or male sides when I need to. But mostly it is blended together as one person. Of course I don't go out in feminine. I live in east Texas and they are about 30 years behind. I do wear mascara everyday and have acrylic nails that are 1/4" past the ends of my fingers. No one has ever said anything to me about either. So I am female and Yes I am male. I am that that I am
    I am Nobody-- Nobody is perfect so therefore I am perfect

There is always room for more friends in my heart

Jill

I am surprised by the results so far (but I shouldn't be given this board is named crossdressers.com). There hasn't been a day in my life that I haven't wanted to be female. I have no second doubts, no ambiguity. I have always wanted to be female and I have to deal with that every single day, and,sadly, most every single moment in every day. I guess I consider myself a genetic mistake.

Single and loving it ;) alexis GG's Avatar
    You dont say whether this is a CD only reply thread so i will take this opportunity to reply and say that my SO does definately not want to be a female.... he just likes to dress to de-stress and nothing more
    Long gone

How to answer, hummm. Let's see. first let me say that I love my wife and I love making love to her. I can't imaginge having sex with another man so in that perspective I would have to say that No I definately would not want to be female. Now on the flip side of this coin I dress because I like the feel of women's clothing, from the panites and bras to shiny shoes and dresses. However I do sometimes wonder what it would be like to experience a period, you know that women go through this thing every month and I would like to know first hand just how it feels. I fond myself wondering what it would feel like to have a baby kick inside of you, to breast feed. things of this nature that we guys even if were to transistion coud never experience.
    So to answer your question - No I don't want to be a female I love to make love to my wife. But I do enjoy being her gril friend.

Been wanting it more each year - but like the Rolling Stones say: "you can't always get what you want"....

Gold Member
    An interesting question with a variety of answers. For me, I don't necessarily want to be a woman, even tho I love dressing as one and feeling as femine as possible, as I enjoy being a male as well. However, with that said, I would love to experience what it would be like to be a woman for a period of time, say 1 or 2 months. I think it would be an eye opening experience in my understanding of women.

I guess we can all dream about a lot of things. Borrowing from the old cliché, I really don't want to wish my life away. I have so many good things to be thankful for as this brings contentment with my reality. As Tony/Dragster stated, I enjoy being a husband and a father. Besides, cross dressing is just too much fun.

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

Only for a day every now and then so I could go out and about, something I can't do when dressed as I am too shy and fear discovery. But, really no more than a woman who enjoys wearing men's pants would want to be a man. I am a married man who has never wanted sex with a man so no way!
    In the end, once all is said and done, and we have exhausted the analysis, this is all about having fun and girlls just want to have fun!!!!!!!!

I'd trade sides in a minute.

Does anybody have any rough numbers on how many start off as CD and eventually wind up going all the way? That'd be sooo interesting to look at!
    Best,
    Nicole

There was a time when I would have leaned heavily toward "yes", but that's long passed. Now it is a definite "no". For all the reasons already stated: My family, my man lifestyle, etc.

Also, most of the time I'm in man-mode I dress toward the sloppy side when I can, and the only time I lavish attention on my appearance is for VERY special events, or when I'm crossdressing. If I were a girl, I'd either schlep around all the time in sweats like so many girls do these days which would be a waste of potential fabulousness, or worry about how I look all the time which would be more than I can handle on top of a busy life. So since I only girly up occasionally anyway, I may as well enjoy being a man the rest of the time.

But as Miranda said, if there was some way to be a gg for some finite period and go back to being male, I'd pay any price to experience that.

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    There's a significant part of me that really wishes I were female. It is always there, and never goes away. Some days the its voice is very loud, and on other days, it is much quieter. However, there is also a part of me that is fine the way I am. That part always reminds me that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. If that fence is enclosing a pasture, it might well have green grass, but it may also have lots of cow pies.

So I guess the answer, as it pertains to me, is both yes and no.
    Marla, you expressed pretty much how I feel. There is a part of me that would love to be female, but I am OK accepting myself as a male.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

first I am not gay second no I do not want to get a sex change. If they could make someone female so they could give birth to a child of there own DNA then I might want to. That would be the only way I might do it. And if I missed beening a guy I could just crossdress. LOL. That's my worth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

It used to be thought...

Quote Originally Posted by nik12345 View Post
    Does anybody have any rough numbers on how many start off as CD and eventually wind up going all the way? That'd be sooo interesting to look at!
    that if you were a CD that you would never become TS, but we know that is not the case. I believe the number of CD's that transition are a small minority.

As for me, if I were 22 today and single? I'd probably already be on hormones. But, I have chosen another path and I'm fine with that. At 55 and knowing what others have gone through to transition, it would be too much for me to handle. Unlike others here, I see no advantage to being male.

-Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Banned Read only
    Absolutely not! Just queen for a day.
    Enjoying the best of both worlds. Have you seen what happens to women when they get old?

No I like being a man just fine. I also just like to enjoy the finner things in life also.