Thread: Help please..

Help please..

Well im 18 and iv been crossdressing for years in secret like part of me is tired of hiding it cause i love the feel of womans clothes on me .. iv been crossdressing since i was 12.. can any1 tell me what i should do.. im scared to go outside with panties or anything on though.. i just dont know what to do..

Member having fun. Sophia de la luz's Avatar
    Some caution is warranted. And, yet, this is your life, your choices, and your consequences.
    Having no idea what the consequences would be if you started wearing female clothing in public, it's hard to offer sound advice.
    Certainly, wearing undergarments out and about is ok. Maybe start evaluating your friends and family for "probable responses". Maybe ease into it over time.
    Difficult to say.
    Take it easy on yourself. There's nothing wrong with you. And, the world is a friendly place.
    Love will find its own way through.

Quote Originally Posted by emolover23 View Post
    Well im 18 and iv been crossdressing for years in secret like part of me is tired of hiding it cause i love the feel of womans clothes on me .. iv been crossdressing since i was 12.. can any1 tell me what i should do.. im scared to go outside with panties or anything on though.. i just dont know what to do..
    None of us knows enough about you to advise you as to what to do.

But, one thing we can ALL say with absolute certainty: YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Further, almost all of us have been where you are; 18, crossdressing, and uncertain about yourself.

If you're scared to go out with women's clothes on in visible view, then don't. But, there's really no reason to be scared to wear some undergarments, since nobody will see them or know you have them on but you. Many of us here frequently wear pantyhose and/or panties underneath for example.

Also; I think you're afraid of yourself a bit. Relax. You are you. Tomorrow, you will be you. Even without crossdressing, you'd still be spending the rest of your life learning about yourself.

You can't get rid of crossdressing. It's part of you. Don't try to guilt yourself into attempting to quit. It won't work. if you decide to try, don't purge (throw all all your girl stuff). Put it all in a box, and store it somewhere. You'll be glad you didn't purge when the urges to crossdress come flooding back. Purging is a waste and can get expensive. It never works.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieC View Post
    None of us knows enough about you to advise you as to what to do.

But, one thing we can ALL say with absolute certainty: YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Further, almost all of us have been where you are; 18, crossdressing, and uncertain about yourself.

If you're scared to go out with women's clothes on in visible view, then don't. But, there's really no reason to be scared to wear some undergarments, since nobody will see them or know you have them on but you. Many of us here frequently wear pantyhose and/or panties underneath for example.

Also; I think you're afraid of yourself a bit. Relax. You are you. Tomorrow, you will be you. Even without crossdressing, you'd still be spending the rest of your life learning about yourself.

You can't get rid of crossdressing. It's part of you. Don't try to guilt yourself into attempting to quit. It won't work. if you decide to try, don't purge (throw all all your girl stuff). Put it all in a box, and store it somewhere. You'll be glad you didn't purge when the urges to crossdress come flooding back. Purging is a waste and can get expensive. It never works.
    I agree with what Julie says. Also, eventually you'll have your own place which will allow you more freedom to do as you please. But for now, just relax, enjoy the time you have alone, and don't make any rash decisions.

My head was a mess when i was younger, from the age of 14- 20ish.. the only reason.. i hid my true self locked away.. i became nervouse around my friends.. be came alone.. became very depressed.. all because i didnt have the guts to be who i wanted to be.. if i had my time over, would i do the same? proably..but i would certainly be more chilled about it..iv had a lot of close calls though.. so close in fact, that iv had to ditch a group of friends (that was pritty hard 4 me actualy)..
    ..so go out and be your self.. every day u wake up become more metrosexual (thats a good excuse for looking more fem these days).. then cross over in time.. which is what iv been doing 4 the past couple of years.. been working pritty good..
    ~xTx~

There are no rules to being a crossdresser -- you make your own. You do not need to do anything that you do not want to do or which makes you uncomfortable. And do your best not to be influenced by others. When it is time, if there comes a time to do more, then you will know it.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia de la luz View Post
    Some caution is warranted. And, yet, this is your life, your choices, and your consequences.
    Having no idea what the consequences would be if you started wearing female clothing in public, it's hard to offer sound advice.
    Certainly, wearing undergarments out and about is ok. Maybe start evaluating your friends and family for "probable responses". Maybe ease into it over time.
    Difficult to say.
    Take it easy on yourself. There's nothing wrong with you. And, the world is a friendly place.
    I would say this.. see how your inner circle feel about the idea of crossdressing before making any commitment to telling.. you might not feel any better after telling your family and then you will be in that stuck feeling of after the "genie is let out of the bottle" feeling.. you can't go back after you tell.. you have to think it through.. don't get in a rush.. there is tomorrow to think about..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

Find a place where others crossdress or somewhere on the gay scene. Go there in drab and watch. Then book a hotel and have fun. Thake your time though, its difficult out there.

Good luck!
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Kathryn Janos
    Hey there,

Though none of us should be read as gospel - we've all had our own experiences, and you're the only one who knows your own circumstances - in my opinion the answer is simple. Stop feeling like you're hiding it. Just don't go out of your way to let everyone know.

There are a few important things you need to know the/an answer to before you decide what your next best step is. These are important pertinent questions to who will accept you, and how well.

1 - Does anyone know? How do they feel about it? Can you open up to them more, ask them how people you know would react?

2 - How would your family, particularly your parents or siblings, feel about this? Most people associate it with homosexuality, so just take their feelings on that and extrapolate from there. It's how I went about it in the beginning.

3 - Is there a nearby town or area where you're unlikely to know anyone, but is LGBT friendly? My advice is to practice with some makeup at home, get a girl to help you, watch YouTube videos on tips for colors and application techniques, etc, get a cheap decent looking wig, unless your hair is long, and then pack that stuff in a bag, and go have an evening on the town. Starbucks and anywhere with a private bathroom is a good place to change and put on your makeup.

Trust me, telling your first person is the most nerve wracking. I told my best friend first, and even though she's a very open-minded lesbian, I had NO idea how she'd take it. I had the same questions: Would she think I was less of a man? Would she think I was too strange for her to know? Turns out she loves me all the more to know that I'd share something like that with her.

As to going out, well, that's up to you and only you. If you're confident and carry yourself well, most people won't pay you a second thought.

Ok, I know I took this to the whole next level here, but I had to go a bit in depth to answer your questions fully. Hopefully it helps.
    "Thoughts are the shadows of feelings, always darker, emptier, and simpler. I don't care if they're fake or real, I just thank them for showing up at all. I have black periods. Who does not? But they are part of me; they are not a part of illness, but a part of my being. What am I saying? I have the courage to have them. Four o' clock in the morning. This sucks." - Alkaline Trio - Warbrain (First line courtesy of Nietzsche)
    WARNING: Sarcasm, dry humor, witticisms, and a twisted sense of humor is likely to be present in this post. Please read accordingly. If you are uncertain of my intention, PM me before posting a hasty response that will only serve to embarrass you. If necessary, I will clarify the confusion.

Don't waste 20 years of your life hiding only to end up doing it anyways.

I went full time 5 years ago and really wished i'd had done it 25 years ago. I was also early onset, but well before 12.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Don't Panic

Emo,
    First, don't beat up on yourself. We have all been there and can tell you that it isn't very productive and won't change much.
    Second, Take your time. No need to rush anything or take chances that you may later regret.
    Third, Continue going to school, building skills that interest you and will help you support yourself later in life.
    Fourth, Continue being a friend to your friends, member of your family and maintain relationships with others. You need connections now and will need them in the future when things look bleak. Many of these people love you and care for you, regardless of what clothes you want to wear.
    Finally, stick around here or on the "young crossdressers" area and/or find your local GLBT support group.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Banned Read only
    I know how you feel sweetie, I feel the same way. I doubt I'll ever come out at all.

But in the winter, I wear bustier, stockings, and garters around under my clothes, and it feels great!

take your time, and pace yourself, and like the others said, just ease into it.

Kathryn Janos
    As an addendum - don't beat yourself up. THIS IS OK. Get that in your head first, and your self doubt will go away, trust me.

Know thyself, to thine own self be true, however you want to say it, accept and understand that this is who you are. Firstly, this is not something that can be changed, and second, not something that should be changed anyway. Embrace who you are, and eventually, with some carefully orchestrated revelations and hints, people will come to do the same as well.

Good luck girl, and oh yes, WELCOME TO THE FORUM!
    "Thoughts are the shadows of feelings, always darker, emptier, and simpler. I don't care if they're fake or real, I just thank them for showing up at all. I have black periods. Who does not? But they are part of me; they are not a part of illness, but a part of my being. What am I saying? I have the courage to have them. Four o' clock in the morning. This sucks." - Alkaline Trio - Warbrain (First line courtesy of Nietzsche)
    WARNING: Sarcasm, dry humor, witticisms, and a twisted sense of humor is likely to be present in this post. Please read accordingly. If you are uncertain of my intention, PM me before posting a hasty response that will only serve to embarrass you. If necessary, I will clarify the confusion.

I noticed your srean name has "Emo" in it... Isn't the Eomo scnene a little feminine anyway? I mena like makeup, and nylons and stuff like that?
    Sounds like you can use that for a little bit of "cover" if you take my meanng........

On the lighter side---my mother always warned me to wear clean under clothing because you never know what can happen to you---so if you choose to wear panties then definitely find something that you would be proud to be found in if you have an accident.

Wink

FIRST OF ALL I TO AT A YOUNGER AGE STARTED CD AND I ALSO CD NOW AT 46 MY WIFE LOVES IT JUNE 3 IS 20 YEARS FOR HER AND I SO DONT BE AFRAID THIS IS A WOUNDERFUL PLACE TO BE

Smile Be strong

Remember the more you dress the easier it becomes! With regards to wearing lingerie, no one ever has to know what you're wearing under your clothes! Try sharing your secret with someone very close to you! It might just set you free from your fear you have of being discovered! Your gal pal in South Africa! Elvira.