Thread: 10 Things I've learned being an FTM

10 Things I've learned being an FTM

Stacye Rose started a thread over in the MTF forum on this subject. I thought I'd rephrase it and bring it up over here.

What are things you've learned from being an FTM TS/CD?

Here's mine:
    1) Make sure the belt matches my shoes, watch, and jewelry.

2) Tuck in the shirt before I zip the pants, not after.

3) Men's rooms are generally filthy.

4) I don't actually need a big purse to carry my essentials for the day. (Guess I need less than I thought.)

5) Flirting with girls is fun.

6) It takes more time to dress in drab than it does to dress as a woman (for me).

7) Don't start every sentence with "um, . . ." or "I wonder . . ."

8) People look at me funny if I use my guy voice in drag.

9) Men stand further away from other men than they do from girls.

10) I enjoy being a guy. Really. Weird, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by 4serrus
    If you look like the laundry basket threw up on you you're doing it wrong.
    Do you know every thought that crosses your mind? To know the mind of many is to know the depth of the ocean. Where at? What era? Why? It is to ask of heaven, how many stars? Those near, those far, those seen, unseen, heard by whom, in darkness, alone, or in sunlight, beyond? How far? Who cares? Our creator, over all seasons presiding, knows each mind by name.

2) Tuck in the shirt before I zip the pants, not after.
    Haha, yeah I had to figure this one out too... and also, boxers and pants get pulled up and down together, not individually. Still have to get the !@$# things up and down every time I have to use the restroom.

Also: Men's fashion is SO MUCH easier than women's.
    Derek

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi?

mem bath room are definitly filty
    MISTY

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus_Jameson View Post
    Yes they do - thank goodness!

My list:

1. There are all different kinds of men (just like women come in all variations), so you shouldn’t feel you have to emulate any particular model.

2. Men’s clothes have lots more pockets.

3. As a guy, no one will ask you to smile or expect long discourses – just a simple “Hey, how’s it going?” will suffice if that’s all you want to say.

4. Women now expect me to let them in and out of elevators, and through doors, first.

5. Because I’ve lived as a woman, women love to talk to me about things like fashions, their kids and relationships.

6. Female co-workers I routinely have lunch with now have to explain to their husbands that just because I’ve transitioned doesn’t mean I’m a risk to their relationship.

7. Shaving my face is as much of a drag as shaving my legs and armpits ever was.

8. People give me more space for arms and legs now.

Sorry I guess I don't have 10 . . . I owe you two.

Hi guys, just passing through.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here's one that you should remember, men to not go to the toilets in two`s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Quote Originally Posted by CaptLex View Post
    Hi guys, just passing through.
    Who are you?
    Derek

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi?

Men's rooms are generally filthy.
    They certainly are.

Also don't speak to other men in the restroom (they'll be suspicious if you're chatty)

and when using the unrinal, eyes straight ahead, even though you're staring at a concrete wall.

Men's rooms are generally filthy.
    To be honest, the worst bathrooms I've seen have been women's ones. The worst male bathroom I've been in paled in comparison to the horror of several women's ones. Also, the smell of menstrual blood is more nauseating than the smell of the worst shit imo, so that's nice to never have to be around anymore.

Maybe I'll have somewhat of a list to contribute later.

Banned Read only
    When you're walkin', lead with your chin, not your boobs.

Most guys walk kinda purposefully with their eyes on the pavement, not looking all around. (Ya miss a lot that way, but that's the way it is!)

Quote Originally Posted by deja true View Post

Most guys walk kinda purposefully with their eyes on the pavement, not looking all around. (Ya miss a lot that way, but that's the way it is!)

But then you find a $10 bill on the ground!

Quote Originally Posted by brylram View Post
    To be honest, the worst bathrooms I've seen have been women's ones. The worst male bathroom I've been in paled in comparison to the horror of several women's ones. Also, the smell of menstrual blood is more nauseating than the smell of the worst shit imo, so that's nice to never have to be around anymore.
    I've cleaned bathrooms... the womans bathrooms were definitely the worst. More used toilet paper on the floor, and of course tampons.

Quote Originally Posted by Poltergeist View Post
    I've cleaned bathrooms... the womans bathrooms were definitely the worst. More used toilet paper on the floor, and of course tampons.
    yeah, I clean bathrooms too. I've found women also don't like to flush the toilet, and they do this squat/hovering thing that leaves piss sprinkles on the seat. They also like to throw paper towels everywhere but the trashcan, and then, women generally bring kids into the bathroom more often then men, so, you have to deal with their messes...

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
    I hate women rooms with a passion. That is why I try to never go in a restroom out side of home or friends place.

Today I learned that pulling on a binder when you've just got out of the shower and your skin's still kinda wet and 'sticky' is really freaking difficult.
    Derek

3. As a guy, no one will ask you to smile or expect long discourses – just a simple “Hey, how’s it going?” will suffice if that’s all you want to say.
    This of course works only when you feel chatty otherwise, its just "Hey" if you need to say something and just a nod if you don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Wild Women Never Get The Blues[/SIZE]

7. Shaving my face is as much of a drag as shaving my legs and armpits ever was.
    True, but some women like guys with a bit of stubble, I've never met a guy who like's girls with prickly legs.

And don't forget that unless you DO have SOMETHING to say, it's best not to say anything. The guy who talks too much is always the weirdo.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it." — Marilyn Monroe

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4serrus View Post
    Today I learned that pulling on a binder when you've just got out of the shower and your skin's still kinda wet and 'sticky' is really freaking difficult.
    talc is your friend

. . .

3) Men's rooms are generally filthy. . .
    I think ALL bathrooms are kind of nasty. You know a lot of us MTF's have this idealized picture of women. They are perfect, they shine with a heavenly light, they don't fart, defecate, or sweat. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that your average ladies room is at least as nasty as the mens room. I was shocked the first time I went in to a stall after a very pretty young lady had come out of it and found urine covering the seat.

. . .
    . . .
    Absolutely! Men get VERY uncomfortable when crowded by other men. It's not really even a conscious sexual/gender thing. It's not like we sit there thinking "Hmm, I'm a guy, your a guy, why are you crowding me?"
    It's more of an instinctive thing - you just don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    I was shocked the first time I went in to a stall after a very pretty young lady had come out of it and found urine covering the seat.
    Oh, that's nothing...add menstrual blood and a used tampon in the toilet (which you can't flush away), along with the stench of a dirty diaper, to that piss on the seat, and then you've got a women's public toilet.

Absolutely! Men get VERY uncomfortable when crowded by other men. It's not really even a conscious sexual/gender thing. It's not like we sit there thinking "Hmm, I'm a guy, your a guy, why are you crowding me?"
    It's more of an instinctive thing - you just don't do it.
    Really!?! I thought I was the only one feeling that, being FTM and all. But to know that GMs feel that too makes me feel a lot better
    The ZP Poem
    Everytime I go to pee, I'm gonna be thinking:

"There's this kid somewhere in PA named Ze. I wonder if Ze has to pee. Does Ze have to hold it, or can Ze let free? There is no fun with infected kidneys.
    Not everyone's body matches their psyche. Whether be sir or whether be she, everyone deserves a safe place to pee. So come on people, let people be."

And then I'll realize I've been rhyming to myself and the guy in the urinal next to me will beat me up.

Hmmmm let me see.....

1. I'm proud of the things I achieved whilest in girl mode.

2. I'm glad I had self control in evrery aspect of my life as a woman coz it's helped enormously since bein on 'T' as I've just transfered it to my male self

3. Although I knew it before I have seen sexism on both sides of the fence.

4. My thoughts on machoism have been reinforced I despize it more than I ever did.

5. I am glad that I have always been self aware as this as helped enormously now that I am transitioning.

6. I thought I would never get over the smell of male toilets but hey don't smell it at all now, think its a psychological process though coz if I switch on I do but it don't bother me none coz its just how mens loos are

7. Have learned who my real friends are And have discovered the deceiptfulness of others!!!!

8. That I am far more fluid than I ever expected myself to be in many ways shapes and forms

9. I already knew this but life is what ya make of it and if ya not careful it will leave ya behind.

10. Think thats it except to say I am living for today and lovin every minute of it lol xx Felix `
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!

Im new here, And after reading this thread felt better and better. I'm a FtM living in Indiana.

Cameron

Hi Cameron and welcome to the forum I'm glad this thread has helped and you will find that peeps here are very supportive and I'm sure you will make some good friends here as I have xx Felix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Me, Myself and Felix!!