Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Has anybody heard of the oldest boy in the family being the most likely to crossdress

I'm the oldest of two.

Silver Member
    I haven't read about the older child being more likely to be a crossdresser, but I read years ago somewhere (TG Tapestry I think) that male only children are far more likely to be crossdressers. I have no idea if that is true, but I am an only child and a crossdresser. There is no known history of tg behavior in either side of my family, I am the only one as far as I know.

Count me in

I am the oldest of 3.

Oldest of five

Well this self-selected subset of the CD community certainly confirms the theory

Quote Originally Posted by Leah_1972 View Post
    Hi everybody, I'm new here and was reading something on a website a while back where this guy said that its usually the oldest son out of the kids who is most likely to crossdress. Well, I am the oldest son out of 5 kids in my family. I have 3 sisters and 1 brother, I am the oldest of all 5 kids. I started dressing when I was around 11 years old and still dress to this day. I am now 36 years old and can't seem to stop. I don't remember what website I was on, but I thought it was pretty interesting that he mentioned the oldest son being the most likely. He hit the nail right on the head for me.

Leah
    try search terms like : birth order and sexual orientation etc

My searches find most sexuality birth order research is on male homosexuality and
    trans-sexualism with little on crossdressing/ transvestism.

There are various schools of thought on the birth order effects on sexual orientation.
    Different studies find different things and I would take all of this with metric tonnes of salt.

A common belief was the more older brothers a man had - the greater his probability of being homosexual. Other studies refuted this. Interestingly, little academic interest seems to exist on lesbianism and birth order.

Regardless, the studies that do exist are not controlled ,not scientific, rely on self reporting which can't be substantiated and they have very small numbers . Futher, be sure to look at the date of the study - much of this malarkey is 40 + years old from an era where anything but a wife and a white picket fence was regarded as mental illness - this includes homosexuality,trans-sexuality and transvestism.

Modern medical thinking holds such views to be biased and not based on science.

All this combines to form very,very,very weak scientific conclusions - so please do not think - OMG That's Me ! LOL

Here is a link from the National Library of Medicine, NIH:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1626369/

you can search for others use transvestism, crossdressing etc as search terms

Oh and - I am the baby of the family.

cheers
    Last edited by kellyanne; 01-22-2010 at 02:26 PM.

Smile

i am the oldest "boy"...but not the oldest child. does that count?

my mom only had two kids my sister and me. one year apart.

not to change the thread... but due to "family problems" i am now my moms only son...and daughter

great times to be had.

I'm the youngest. I have three older brothers. All of them married, with me being the only single/unmarried one.

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    I am the yougest with an older brother. I had always thought the older son took after the father and the younger son took after the mother. Seemede to work that way for us................Madilyn

Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

I'm the oldest as well, go figure....

Platinum Member
    not the way I know it. I'm the second youngest son. From what I know of birth studies, gender differences of all kindsare more common with younger male siblings. there's some interesting research on that subject.

I'm the oldest, this thread should have a poll

Since the Sixties
    Oldest of two sons.

But there's another variable I'd like to see controlled for. My father was much older than the mean (>50 years) and my sainted mother somewhat older (>35 years). Anecdotal evidence connects these parameters with being gender enhanced.

Anybody else with an older mom and pop here?

I'm in my mid thirties, and I am indeed the oldest child (I have a brother, no sisters)

391 to 1 Odds

that nobody will read this...but I have to say it anyway:

Common Sense: When a couple is having their first baby (who will eventually be the only or the oldest), what sex does each one secretly wish for?

As a father of a first born, I was secretly rooting for a boy, so that I could teach him baseball, golf, fishing and other manly activities. (ok, I yield to stereotypical thinking)

I'm not sure and never asked my wife, but I could easily imagine the opposite for a woman hoping to have a daughter as a first child. Yes, I know, "as long as the baby's healthy."

So, I had a daughter. And had I known at the time of birth that she would turn out to be the person she is now, I would have said, "to hell with a son."

I did try to teach her how to play baseball, how to golf, how to fish. And, although she tried and was moderately successful, I didn't push her and I have no regrets.

I can attest that my mother wanted a girl and I sensed this at a very early age. It is supported by pictures in scrapbooks of my early life.

So, in my case, what my mom really wanted, I wasn't.
    In my efforts to please my mother, did I finally become the daughter she never had? Maybe not all at once, maybe over time. Maybe like a young child learning a second language more easily than an older child or adult, did I secretly learn/try/want to become what my mother wanted most?

You don't have to answer. But you're right, my answer is, "Yes."

I am the oldest of 3, left-handed, stressed-out, cd-tg-ts? and I think that the scenario I described can contribute to an edge of the oldest boy having a proclivity towards CD.

Wrong, Jacqui,...

...someone did read your post. Good points and well said.

I concur with the belief that transvestism, especially the fetishistic type, is more a learned behavior than transgenderism, which I suspect is more of a condition of birth. (As, I believe, is homosexuality.) How we learn it is an interesting question. Some times it is more obvious than others. But, a careful review of ones early years, seen through the prism of "Learning Theory", may give some insight into the etiology of the condition. And, not just to "fix" it. I know where mine came from. And I thoroughly enjoy it and have no interest in changing.

And, yes, I am the oldest of 4.

Little Ms Witch Hermione Simpson's Avatar
    Nottinghamshire UK or the minstry of magic
    I'm the youngest of 5, I've got 3 sisters & a brother, & has far as i know, i'm the only one who CD's
    Although i'm a witch, I can be nice as well (honestly)

http://www.facebook.com/people/Hermi...son/1527490088

Also check out my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/hermionesimpson

I was very intrigued by this theory the first time I read about it. After all, I am also a first-born in my family. Could there be a pattern that helped explain CDing and let us understand a bit more about ouselves?

It got me going all over the place, but unfortunately, I came back empty-handed. I was not able to find credible evidence to back up that theory anywhere, even though empirical data seems to uphold such perception.

One can see that by simply asking around. Take this thread, for example. I went through all 395 posts to date and 222 of the respondents are first-borns (only children excluded). I've done this before in a different forum and results were similar.

Obviously, it doesn't mean that ALL CDs are first-borns, but for some reason there seems to be a weird trend pointing in that direction. I've always taken dressing to come from a genetic pre-disposion in our brains. In my view, that should distribute CDers more equally along the order-of-birth curve.

However, if this theory holds, proving that a majority of CDers are indeed first-borns, could it mean that dressing is psychologically acquired/induced in early childhood? Could it be the combination of genetics and psychology?

Wish there were more research on this.
    Last edited by gabimartini; 02-04-2010 at 05:58 AM.

I am the oldest of three boys

Oldest of four. Two brothers, one sister.

Don't know if my mother influenced me to be girlie, but my dad sure did push me to be more boyish. Not sure if this was a reaction to something my mom was doing or if there was something else?

I have no idea what that could be, but I remember over hearing many conversations by adult family and friends. The topic always seemed to be addressing what was best for me. Like I had some "special" condition or something.

Maybe I read more into it than there was, but I'll never know since my parents have been gone for many years.

i'm the oldest too