Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anybody heard of the oldest boy in the family being the most likely to crossdress

I am also the oldest male with two younger brothers , an older sister and a younger sister.
    Tomara

Oldest

I am second oldest boy but I have seven younger brothers. My dad is also from a very large family and years ago (early 60's) his oldest brother was arrested by the police for being dressed as a woman in a public place,
    Fiona O

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    2nd youngest of 5, left-handed, I like being odd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

Third born male of four, so not fitting with the idea which Leah was quoting.

However I found a paper from the Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry Vol. 38, No. 5. pp. 543-551. 1997 By Prof. Kenneth Zucker and others titled "Sibling Sex Ratio of Boys with Gender Identity Disorder" with a different conclusion, that does square up with my own situation.

I'll quote from the abstract:

"Sibling sex ratio (the ratio of brothers to sisters) was calculated for 444 boys with gender identity disorder (or with behaviors consistent with this diagnosis)." using data "from several researchers with expertise with this disorder and from the English language case report literature between 1938 and 1995". This suggested that "Among the probands with at least
    one sibling, the results showed that boys with gender identity disorder had a significant excess of brothers to sisters, 131.1:100, when compared with the expected secondary sex ratio of 106:100. The excess of brothers replicated a previous study by Blanchard, Zucker, Bradley, and Hume (1995), in which the sibling sex ratio was 140.6:100. Further analyses showed that the probands were born later relative to their brothers than
    they were relative to their sisters.
    "

So.......who is correct? Are these two points of view incompatible? It seems so to me

Ann Rosa

p.s Perhaps the "let out clause" in reconciling these two views comes in that Leah's is talking about cross-dressing per se, and the study by Zucker et. al is about those with "Gender Identity Disorder". Maybe someone would clarify if cross dressing always implies G.I.D or not. I suspect the answer is "not"
    Last edited by Ann D Bluebird; 06-02-2009 at 11:11 AM. Reason: adding a p.s.
    "Know, first, who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly.”
    Epictetus (Greek Stoic philosopher) [SIZE="2"](who I'd never heard of either until I stumbled on the quote in "How to walk in high heels" by Camilla Morton )[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by JudithAnnMeadowsweet View Post

"Sibling sex ratio (the ratio of brothers to sisters) was calculated for 444 boys with gender identity disorder (or with behaviors consistent with this diagnosis)." using data "from several researchers with expertise with this disorder and from the English language case report literature between 1938 and 1995". This suggested that "Among the probands with at least
    one sibling, the results showed that boys with gender identity disorder had a significant excess of brothers to sisters, 131.1:100, when compared with the expected secondary sex ratio of 106:100. The excess of brothers replicated a previous study by Blanchard, Zucker, Bradley, and Hume (1995), in which the sibling sex ratio was 140.6:100. Further analyses showed that the probands were born later relative to their brothers than
    "

That fits me perfectly. Eldest brother, brother, brother, sister and then me. Apparently, my Mother wanted a second girl to round off the family. I would've preferred a 2nd girl too!

Trend?

I'm the oldest boy with a sister and 2 brothers but as far as seeing a trend, keep in mind the title of the thread. I clicked on it because it applied to me. How many passed it by because it didn't apply to them?

Jennifer

Interesting

Interesting Thread. It a fits for me .Older sister, younger brother,Middle child syndrome and a CD what can I say.
    Sandie

Youngest here 2 brothers and a sister.

I'm the youngest
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Lonely Closet Dresser ccrossd32's Avatar
    I am the oldest in my family and a lefty.
    Two brothers are gay and one straight.
    Me happily married.

Quote Originally Posted by JudithAnnMeadowsweet View Post
    Third born male of four, so not fitting with the idea which Leah was quoting.

However I found a paper from the Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry Vol. 38, No. 5. pp. 543-551. 1997 By Prof. Kenneth Zucker and others titled "Sibling Sex Ratio of Boys with Gender Identity Disorder" with a different conclusion, that does square up with my own situation.

I'll quote from the abstract:

"

So.......who is correct? Are these two points of view incompatible? It seems so to me

Ann Rosa

p.s Perhaps the "let out clause" in reconciling these two views comes in that Leah's is talking about cross-dressing per se, and the study by Zucker et. al is about those with "Gender Identity Disorder". Maybe someone would clarify if cross dressing always implies G.I.D or not. I suspect the answer is "not"
    This another new factor. In my family as well as being second boy the brother to sister ratio was 450:100. Oh and I'm also a leftie.
    Fiona O

Quote Originally Posted by FionaO View Post
    the brother to sister ratio was 450:100.
    You have 449 brothers and 100 sisters!!??
    "Know, first, who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly.”
    Epictetus (Greek Stoic philosopher) [SIZE="2"](who I'd never heard of either until I stumbled on the quote in "How to walk in high heels" by Camilla Morton )[/SIZE]

Oldest of nine, 4 boys 5 girls. None other than Myself crossdress, do have 1 sister thats bi.

The journey has begun.... Regina's Avatar
    I to am the oldest, I have a younger brother.

Regina

Gold Member
    This is proving to be interesting. So far, it looks like this straw pole is confirming the statistics of the original study. Not sure what that means. Coincidence or something else?

Very Part Time Girl Melissa Anne's Avatar
    I'm the oldest in my family. 3 younger brothers and a sister. I really doubt any of my brothers are CDers.
    Melissa Anne, PPTG
    (Professional Part Time Girl)

Hose & Heel Loving Divia. Lee Andrews's Avatar
    I'm the oldest of two. What does it mean who knows but it is interesting none the less.
    Trying to come to grips with this lovely thing called Crossdressing.

Thankful there is a place to ask for help.

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.
    I'm the eldest son, but my sister is the oldest. I'm also the only son. That also makes a difference.

Another oldest of 3.

Anybody keeping count? I wish we had the old polls back.
    Keely

One of the Reds

well i'm the oldest
    Sgrid Cutie.

Question

Oldest of 4 and right handed. (b,b,g,b)

Before anyone jumps to any conclusions, some distinction should be made and corralated to the different types of CDers. At least transgendered vs. fetish CDing. "Nature" vs. "Nurture", etc.

The problem with any results drawn from Psychology studies based on review of patient populations is that they are not double blind. They use people who have experienced enough distress in their lives that they have presented themselves to the Mental Health System. They can only guess at the rest of the population who are not that distressed by our CDing.

The first page in my college statistics textbook said: "There are three kinds of lies. Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics."

I like to look pretty Prissy Linda's Avatar

Most likely

I am the oldest child, I have 2 younger sisters. Many of the CD's i've met have mentioned that they are also the eldest... interesting.
    Last edited by Prissy Linda; 06-02-2009 at 07:43 PM.

Oldest male here - I am not going to ask my brother if he is a cross dresser.

I to am the oldest boy. Have been dressing since as long as I can remember.

oldes

oldest of two , me and my sister

if the info helps
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.