Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anybody heard of the oldest boy in the family being the most likely to crossdress

HMM...I always wondered if 'the theory' went the other way around? But since I'm the youngest of three boys, I guess I was looking at it from a ME point of view LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JudithAnnMeadowsweet View Post
    Third born male of four, so not fitting with the idea which Leah was quoting.

However I found a paper from the Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry Vol. 38, No. 5. pp. 543-551. 1997 By Prof. Kenneth Zucker and others titled "Sibling Sex Ratio of Boys with Gender Identity Disorder" with a different conclusion, that does square up with my own situation.

I'll quote from the abstract:

"Sibling sex ratio (the ratio of brothers to sisters) was calculated for 444 boys with gender identity disorder (or with behaviors consistent with this diagnosis)." using data "from several researchers with expertise with this disorder and from the English language case report literature between 1938 and 1995". This suggested that "Among the probands with at least
    one sibling, the results showed that boys with gender identity disorder had a significant excess of brothers to sisters, 131.1:100, when compared with the expected secondary sex ratio of 106:100. The excess of brothers replicated a previous study by Blanchard, Zucker, Bradley, and Hume (1995), in which the sibling sex ratio was 140.6:100. Further analyses showed that the probands were born later relative to their brothers than
    they were relative to their sisters.
    "

So.......who is correct? Are these two points of view incompatible? It seems so to me

Ann Rosa

p.s Perhaps the "let out clause" in reconciling these two views comes in that Leah's is talking about cross-dressing per se, and the study by Zucker et. al is about those with "Gender Identity Disorder". Maybe someone would clarify if cross dressing always implies G.I.D or not. I suspect the answer is "not"
    AHA! (note to self: read ENTIRE thread before commenting)

Interesting!

Oldest here also.

Joy

I'm the youngest of four. Two boys and two girls. My older brother calls me Rachael, can't figure why.

I am the No. 2 son of three boys and a younger sister. My older brother is a poster child for Jeff Foxworthy's Redneck jokes. My younger brother with hair in ponytail and ZZ Top beard looks like he has been on tour with the Grateful Dead for the last 20 years. So go figure, it is just hard to say.

Oldest of six here, 2 boys, 4 girls also a lefty.

Oldest of 2 (younger sister) just to keep the trend going.....

I'm an only.
    Hugs,

Teddie

The former Melissa I Michelle I's Avatar
    The youngest of 16 (yes sixteen ), 9 girls 7 boys

I was the middle child of seven children. But now that I think about it,my oldest bother did grow his hair long back in the sixties. I thought it was just a hippie thing. And he did steal some of my sister's birth control pills. I thought he was just trying to get high back then ,I didn't know what they were for. And he always called me names like "fag" and "pussy". Maybe it was because he was himself suffering from somekind of inner conflicts.

Unfortunately he died in a motor cycle accident many years ago. So I can't ask him. But before he passed away we were very close. He was the best man at my wedding. I really miss him.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

I do have 4 sisters, but I am the oldest boy.
    Mind you I was somewhat premature, they say that has an influence as well.

I am the oldest!

hi well i am the middle child of three so no i dont think that is right.
    i have an older brother and younger sister (both know i dress). just say they both dont mind that i dress as a woman.
    so stay true to yourselfs lol claire xx

I'm the second from the oldest of a 2 brothers,one sister family and the only cd'er

In my family it is girl boy boy girl. I'm the third born child of 4 kids. There is also the deal from psychologists that one out of three kids in a family will be gay. Now I am straight and have no urges to be with a man. And as far as I know my brother and sisters are straight as well. So where does that leave us?

Quote Originally Posted by Leah_1972 View Post
    Hi everybody, I'm new here and was reading something on a website a while back where this guy said that its usually the oldest son out of the kids who is most likely to crossdress. Well, I am the oldest son out of 5 kids in my family. I have 3 sisters and 1 brother, I am the oldest of all 5 kids. I started dressing when I was around 11 years old and still dress to this day. I am now 36 years old and can't seem to stop. I don't remember what website I was on, but I thought it was pretty interesting that he mentioned the oldest son being the most likely. He hit the nail right on the head for me.

Leah
    Here's another interesting study for yeah...

http://journals.cambridge.org/action...ract?aid=53879

Birth order and ratio of brothers to sisters in transsexuals

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    RICHARD GREEN a1c1
    a1 Gender Identity Clinic, Department of Psychiatry, Imperial College, School of Medicine, Charing Cross Hospital, London, UK

Abstract

Background. As previous studies with homosexual males have revealed a later birth order, more older brothers and more brothers than sisters, this research was extended to a large series of transsexual males and females, some of whom are homosexual.

Methods. The male sample comprised 442 male-to-female transsexuals, subdivided by sexual partner preference: 106 homosexual, 135 heterosexual, 155 bisexual and 46 asexual. One hundred female-to-male transsexuals were also studied: 75 homosexual, 16 bisexual, seven heterosexual and five asexual. Birth order was computed by both Slater's Index and Berglin's Index.

Results. Homosexual male-to-female transsexuals have a later than expected birth order and more older brothers than other subgroups of male-to-female transsexuals. Each older brother increases the odds that a male transsexual is homosexual by 40%.

Conclusions. Hypotheses explaining the extension of prior findings to this large sample of transsexual males include a progressive maternal immunization to the male foetus either through the H-Y antigen or protein-bound testosterone or alterations in foetal androgen levels in successive pregnancies, all modifying male psychosexual development. Data on the sexual orientation of younger brothers of homosexual male transsexuals in this study are not consistent with the progressive immunization hypothesis.
    For myself, I am the youngest of 3 children..

My sister is the oldest, and my brother is 12 years older than me..and they both have no gender issues what so ever..
    I grew up & lived as a hetro male.. But after SRS, I will be a hetro (or possibly Bi) Female..
    [SIZE=3]Karen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I really do have the...Right To Be Wrong.. [/SIZE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkSTG...eature=channel [SIZE=2]and my mistakes will make me strong![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Just call out my name...and I'll come running...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SxTo...eature=related just lovin classic JT again...[/SIZE]

Oldest of 3 here. Left handed too.

I'm the oldest...one each younger brother and sister.

I am the oldest in my family so maybe there is some truth to this

Kandis
    Someone once told me "Put on Your big girl panties and deal with it". If they only knew, I WAS ALREADY WEARING THEM.

I wear the bras and panties so my wife doesn't have to.

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Smile

I am in the middle of two other brothers.

"The TRANS-ition years" Erica K.'s Avatar
    I have one older brother, no sisters.
    Find the people who accept you no matter what, leave the ones who do not.

I'm the middle one out of two other brothers...neither of my brothers CD as far as I know, but my older one would be more accepting. My younger brother would be the first to think I was gay or something like that. I'm right handed also.

Banned Read only
    i am the only boy so technicly the oldest got 2 sisters

I understand that the first born is quite often the oldest also.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

I am the oldest in a family of three boys