Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If they only knew

Hi... Another firefighter. I have been dressing since 10 or 11 and been a firefighter since I was 18. The first couple of years as a volunteer and the last 24 as a career firefighter. I have never considered underdressing and I stay deep in the closet because I believe the result of being found out would be devestating to my career.

For the most part the two worlds don't mix with me although I will say I do get envious when I see some of our female firefighters in the their Class A uniform skirt and heels.

Quote Originally Posted by gretchen2 View Post
    My dad was a firefighter for 37yr. and when I was a kid I got to spend the night a few times. I never really felt right staying there but it was fun. I do have a question though. All the guys slept basically in the same room, and they all showered together in one big shower room with absolutely no privacy. So my question would be this, how do you get around the privacy issue when going to bed and taking a shower after a fire?
    At this point in my career I'm an officer so I have my own office and bathroom. It makes things much easier. Before that it was a little more difficult. Quite a few guys sleep with most of their clothes on so they can get out faster. I never showered in my panties so the shower room wasn't a problem. The locker room could be a little tricky. I would just wait for a quiet moment and then move real fast. Where there's a will there's a way.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Just be careful when you're taking off your turnouts, hon.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

I'm a volunteer so the sleeping thing isn't a problem. I had been underdressing at work and got a few calls in after work on those days. I often wonder if anyone else in our firehouse wore panties. I'll probably never know.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ View Post
    god forbid you have an incident and have to go to hospital and get your cloths cut off ...what would the guys at the station think
    now thats one hell of a fire you can't put out

Cool underwear brother,where can I buy some?
    Drink up me heartys,yo ho!

Kate

I don't think I could underdress in my turn out gear to woried about getting cought !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the female fire fighters can wear panties, I see no reason why you can't .
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I'm ex rfs (rural fire service) volunteer.
    one of the girls in our unit would spot check us to make sure we didnt have anything under our unifor that would melt to our skin in a hot situation.

She did have nice hands and would slide them into our overalls or down the band of our trousers to check and make sure we played by the rules..

didnt bother me cos at the time i wasnt into this "hobby" lol
    oh and wasnt just the guys she checked too...
    if we wore and she found anything other than cotton we had to free ball for the rest of the day or go inactive for the day..

and i only just found all our avatars come up in google too :|
    sooo glad ya cant see my face lol

My only question is did she look good LOL

Sounds like your......playing with fire!!!