Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

Question

Does anyone here actually feel a lessening of tension or blood pressure etc when dressed? I am not interested in whether or not there is a sexual excitement boost.

There are times in my life where the stress level was rather intense and as I slipped into something soft and listened to some relaxing music, I could feel the tension/anger/ frustration etc. drift away to the point where I had difficulty remembering what the previous hours ofm that day had dumped on me.

There are also times when I see a particularly feminine outfit that I can almost feel a physical heartache at not having the opportunity to wear it.

I hope I am not alone in this. Just curious.

Christine

BTW the weakness in my left arm after the event of 2 weeks ago is about 75% resolved. Thanks again for the voiced concerns.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Absolutely, Christine. I have chronic neck and shoulder pain. Yes, from tension, I won't get into the particulars. But oh my goodness, yes. Yes, indeedy. Getting girled up and going out somewhere makes it all go away.

Actually I think CDing is a panacea for all sorts of ailments and ill humors. Someone mentioned on another thread how it cured them of biting their nails, it did the same for me. Does anyone else have any stories about how dressing up as a girl (or if you're a natal girl, dressing up as a guy) helps you feel better, not just mentally, but physically?

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Absolutely

Mental stress relief for certain.
    It is like going to another world or being somebody else, totally disconnected from all of his problems.

I love it !

u r not alone!

i get just about the same feelings. also high blood pressure runs in my family not me though i am below avg..
    Jess

Nope!! I have low BP and my heart rate at rest is 42!... All that ice hockey I guess.. Most likely my bp goes up as does my heart rate especialy if there's some enfemme shopping and a crearence sale inviolved!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Minus the triple six.. :)
    For me, yes. At my home we had an "unexpected" house guest from out of town, an old friend of my Dad's.

The thing is I'm in the very, very early stages of transitioning, and my immediate family and all close friends know I'm TS and going to transition.

So I spend my time at home however I feel, which has been girl 99 percent of the time for now. Things are going wonderful for me in that respect.

Out of the blue on Monday, we get a call from the "Old friend", let's call him "Doc". He said he was abandoned downtown by another mutual family friend, and needed a ride.

Long -winded story short..... Doc ended up becoming a crystal meth addict since my Dad saw him last, he had nowhere to go, and was waiting on a bail bond check, so he was broke.

He ended up staying until yesterday afternoon.

This guy was OUT OF HIS MIND! He was incoherent and strange the whole time.

I ended up staying dressed like a guy the whole time he was here, as his behavior was unpredictable.

So after spending all of my time at home lately as a woman, and feeling great, each day that went by, I started to feel worse, and worse.

I've been on a strict diet for months, and I "fell off the wagon" for the last two days, pigging out.

I KNOW what happened...., going that many days as a guy brought back those old feelings from the closet days, and it was making me feel depressed the longer I had to go as a guy.

The crazy thing is the moment I knew he was gone, I felt relief, and went and showered, and shaved...

For me, this was also kind of a confirmation of what I already believe, and that is I NEVER want to go back to trying to be a man.

I hope this ended up being an answer to the question somehow!....

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar
    All the time, I am always at peace when dressed as a girl... No tension or inner conflict
    Living the life I choose!

Don`t know about the heart beat thing as i am told that i do not have a heart but i do understand the wanting of something that you have seen .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I swear that since I've started wearing panties full time my BP has gone down 20 points, so yes!
    Malori

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Hi Amanda-

Big hug. Oh honey, do I understand!

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Minus the triple six.. :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni Marie Cruz View Post
    Hi Amanda-

Big hug. Oh honey, do I understand!

Hugs...Joni Mari
    I know you do! : )

Quote Originally Posted by Christinedreamer View Post
    Does anyone here actually feel a lessening of tension or blood pressure etc when dressed? I am not interested in whether or not there is a sexual excitement boost.
    Definatly.
    Suppressing ones gender identity is the #1 cause of clinical depression in transgender people.

General tension goes away when I'm fully dressed. I get get a bit apprehensive though, about, getting run in my stockings, my makeup needing repair, my wig slipping. Little things like that, but stuff like how am I gonna make next months mortgage, doesn't even worry me those times. Too much into my girl thoughts.
    So, yeah some tension is gone. B.P. stays about the same I guess, 118/68 Pulse of 52
    Lead me NOT into temptation
    (I can find my own way)
    I HAVE WALKED THAT MILE IN HER HEELS
    CURTSY to all BOW to [SIZE="3"]NONE[/SIZE]

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...6284/event.png

If I stay dressed long enough, my stress goes completely away. I actually feel normal.

I've not done the numbers, but I think its possible to feel better dressed

De-stressed & very relaxed when dressed...
    Loving life to the full.... At long last

Aspiring Member
    When dressed I am very relaxed and stress free. It also feels natural to be dressed as a woman.

Silver Member
    There is no doubt at all that when I am very stressed and it is usually with work, if I can dress in my female clothes then it certainly relaxes me and in fact during periods of sustained pressure at work, I find the need to dress more, so yep it works for me

Hi Christine, i feel very relaxed when i can dress up or even when just slipping into a pair of panties to go to work in,but i also find it very stressful when u want to dress up but cannot,also at times i feel that i want to be able to go out into the public dressed but cannot,so yes a bit of a stress reliever but then it can also cause stress.

Dressing has definitely help me to relieve stress from my hectic work life.
    As the same time, it has also provided additional motivation to stay in good health, in physical shape, and maintain my weight.

Hugs!
    JoAnn

I love to see a beautiful woman in a nice dress, but then again, I also want to wear that dress.

drssing definitely reduces stress for me, i find this strange as i do not want to be a full time girl, but it is almost liek putting on a different body which allows me to react to the world in calmer way, if this makes any sense!

I always feel calmer when I'm dressed. Almost serene!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Before I came out to my wife and couldn't dress at reasonable needed intervals, I would get very crabby and short tempered. Once I was out and had more flexibiltiy in when I could dress, I became a much more even-tempered kind of person. I thought it was something else, but even my wife thinks this had something to do with the change in my personality about that time in our relationship.

How did it help my health? I'm trying to be more fit, I'm not flooding my system with stress and I don't have all that bottled up inside. Yeah, it's helped.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

You probably wouldn't like my drab self...

Tracy is much more laid back and loving, it's weird.

-Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

I would agree , any stress I have vanishes and I feel contentment