Thread: Feeling odd in gender "approiate" clothes

Question Feeling odd in gender "approiate" clothes

Humm,so where do I start? Well,like I had said in an earlier post I'm a female whp pretty much acts and dresses like a guy,and when I do something feminine I feel like a gay man.Never really had the drive to wear anything else beyond lip color and eyeliner(until up about a year ago),so putting on eye shadow,fake lashes,and glitter feels so taboo (in an extremely good way). Its exilerating seeing how much you can make yourself according to your own degree of beauty/glam
    I feel very odd in normal female clothing (which I why I don't wear it),but there's soemthing about that over the top queen kinda style that makes me feel at home.What else can I say--its fabulous

So question,for men who live as part-time women:when you act like a normal guy,is there any satisfaction there because it's a rare to be acting like one?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I will say...

that when I wear a male power suit and tie, I feel weird. It's like I'm pretending to be something I'm not.

In fact I've threatened my co-workers to wear a suit and tie at work (where it's business casual) just because I hate it so much. One of the top bosses hates casual business wear. I'm half tempted to wear a women's suit and high heels to work, totally within the standards of dress, but for a women, just to p**s him off.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, this stuff drives me nuts! lol

-tRaCy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

Hi! And welcome!

Long, long ago (in a galxy far . . . ) I was a type-A personality guy who wore Brooks Brothers suits and custom shirts and drove a full-size Cadillac with one of the first cell phones in L.A. (it cost $4000 and replaced the car phone I had before cell phones were invented).

At that time I got an ego boost from my power suits, from knowing I was the best dressed and, often, most powerful guy in the room (at least in my own mind). And I got lots of satisfaction from being the boss (I want to put it in caps and quotes, "The Boss," but don't want you to think I'm Bruce Springstein).

The guy thing, enhanced by the clothes, was a heady power trip.

Now, when in guy mode, I am mostly in polo shirts and Dockers, retired, nobody "important," and, more often then not, called "Ma'm" no matter what I'm wearing.

When I wear guy clothes these days, how do I answer your question ("when you act like a normal guy,is there any satisfaction there because it's a rare to be acting like one")?

The answer has to be "not really." They're just useful things I wear between chances to be really alive.

I hope that helps. If you feel I can be of any further help, please also feel free to private message me.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Welcome and dress the way you want.I feel the same way in guy clothes that why I don't wear them.You look great either way.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Hi Cloas,

Quote Originally Posted by Cloas View Post
    .... so putting on eye shadow,fake lashes,and glitter feels so taboo (in an extremely good way).
    Wow! Now, (to me) coming from an adult genetic female, that's a very interesting thing to to say! Taboo? You are an interesting person! I have never "met" a natal woman who thinks putting on makeup is taboo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloas View Post
    So question,for men who live as part-time women:when you act like a normal guy,is there any satisfaction there because it's a rare to be acting like one?
    Err ... not for me I'm afraid. I don't get any satisfaction at all from presenting as a guy. It's kinda boring and all I would rather do is "femme it up" or present as a woman fully.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Personally I feel good and approriate no mater what I wear... or which gender's clothing I wear as long as I know I'm dressed well.... which I usually am! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

What Karen Said...

I feel best whenever I'm dressed best, femme or male. I love getting into good quality, well fitted male clothes when I'm taking my wife out - she appreciates the effort I make to become the dude who opens doors for her and I love being her man.

Equally though, I enjoy being cross-dressed in good quality, well fitted (to me) female clothes that I have chosen for myself.

For me, both modes have different emotions attach to them, but both also give me immense satisfaction when I can express myself the way I want to on the day.

Hugs Jazzmine
    I'm happy being male but happier in a skirt!
    I'm a strong man on the outside and a strong woman on the inside.

I have to say I have always been a clothes hog and wanted to dress better than I needed to for the occasions. As a crossdresser it is the same and I find it difficult to dress down to blend in while out. Oh well.

Keli

I'd say I enjoy my times in both male and female clothing. There is something to be said for slouching around in a pair of jeans and sneakers in the house.

There is no "acting" like I'm a normal guy, because it's in my nature and habit to be this way. I enjoy all the guy things that I do, from playing soccer, going out drinking with the guys, or even taking a lady on a date.

When I'm in female mode, my way of thinking and acting does change slightly, but it can be hard work to behave and act like a woman all of the time, which is why if it boiled down to it and I was forced to choose, I'd stay a guy.

So, yes, there is some satisfaction for me to be this way.

Aspiring Member
    You are beautiful! No matter what you wear, and as a GG everything is acceptable, you look great. No matter how you are trying to present yourself, you should be accepted by the general public. If you choose not to wear make up, then so be it. Welcome to our small part of the world and remember to be true to yourself.

There are times it does feel odd to be in male clothes for me, but those time generally occur when I’ve been Monika for an extended period of time. Lately, I have been spending a great deal of time as Monika. Fortunately, I have a job where I work from home so I don’t have to go to the office.

I’ve been staying as Monika up to two weeks at a time. I have to say that after two weeks, it does feel odd to not be wearing a bra or have nails, etc. In the DC heat and humidity, it is definitely more comfortable to wear a linen skirt than pants.

I am comfortable as a guy and have no plans to transition to full-time, but sometimes I do have to remember to make the conscious mental switch.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar

Thumbs up

Hey -- way cool! You go guy!

I am one who feels that CDing is SOOOOO fun that it shouldn't be restricted to just to boys dressing as girls -- that girls should get into it as much as we do.

I also feel that society does in some small way frown upon it there too (and that many mtf CDers too -- OOOOH you want to wear what!)

Wow! Cool! You are a trailblazer and deserve the golden jockstrap award!

Anyway - to the point of your thread about you trying that 'over the top queen style' -- which, if I understand you involves a blending of both genders -- I too get a thrill out of that, but in the opposite way. After I lose the few extra pounds I put on, I want to have a photo session of me all made up - -makeup, nails, hair, high heels -- posing in a guy's suit and then in guy's underwear.

Back around 1991 or so, I tried it in the privacy of my own apartment and I must say -- it was quite a thrill. I think that 18 or so years is long enough to wait -- too long -- to wait to try it again!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

I never get any satisfaction from it. The only time I ever did in the past was when the ladies liked me.

Aspiring Member
    First of all welcome... your post is so refreshing and interesting.

Whenever I wear one of my "gentleman's suits", which is rare these days, I do feel like an imposter in a costume, but I like the novelty of it<laugh> & putting myself together with all the nice accessories... just like like I do dressing full femme.