Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Girlhood experience you wished you had

Girlhood experience you wished you had

I was just wondering what girlhood experience you wish you would of had. For me it would have been getting my first bra. I was very envious when my sister got her first bra. The second one is kind of a fun one. I like it when someone playfully snaps my bra strap. I missed having that happen to me as a young girl.

Let's hear some others.

Tracy

easy answer

A slumber party. I remember my sisters and there girlfriends playing, talking and just bonding all night

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
    A slumber party. I remember my sisters and there girlfriends playing, talking and just bonding all night
    would be fun, I remember when the girls did that and it was "no boys allowed" that used to bother me...
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Quote Originally Posted by IwishIwasTracy View Post
    I was just wondering what girlhood experience you wish you would of had. For me it would have been getting my first bra. I was very envious when my sister got her first bra. The second one is kind of a fun one. I like it when someone playfully snaps my bra strap. I missed having that happen to me as a young girl.

Let's hear some others.

Tracy

Oh, gosh, Tracy, I wish I'd had it all! I missed getting the girly presents, having the girl friends, I really, really dispised being excluded from the "girl's side" of the playground and from "home economics" classes in middle school (in my day, boys weren't even allowed near those classrooms).

I missed wearing dresses to elementary school and skirts to middle & high school (again, in my day, girls were required to wear skirts to school).

I missed my first bra and my first period (doesn't sound like much fun, but it is part of being a girl).

And although pretty much of a committed male heterosexual now, I would have loved to know/understand what it was like to go riding in cars with boys. Really! I long to know what it was like to go fishing for a boy, to get him to call, to go out on a date, to wear that special dress to the prom.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

If I had grown up as a girl

I'd have to say the one experience I would have liked would have been getting my first pair of high heels to wear with "that special dress". Such a grown up feeling for a young teenage girl to have.
    [SIZE=3]Stacye Rose[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Cleverly disguised as a normal contributing member of society[/SIZE]

I would've just been happy to have girl friends, I've always felt left out...

I missed the chance to be a ****. A tease. A tramp. The power of being in a class when the desks were circled and being able to flash a boy across the room to the point of where he'd have to excuse himself to go to the john for five minutes. Boys are sooo easy to manipulate.

My bad...

Bobbi
    I AM Shirley, and don't call me Serious.

Hmm--I was a tomboy, so if anyone ever snapped my bra, I would have smacked them right in the kisser.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

When I was little (I'm guessing maybe five) I had to go shopping with my aunts, mother , sisters and cousins (all girls). We went into a dress shop and the girls were all fitted for and had purchased for them new dresses. I innocently asked when they were going to buy me my new dress. I remember the deafening silence as soon as I asked that. If I could I would love to go back and have a dress bought for me.

Reminds me of the Frankie Avalon song, "Bobby Sox to Stockings" that would have been a moment to treasure...on the other hand, last week I was walking through the mall when I heard terrible screaming coming out of Claires, stuck my head in, sure enough a little girl was having her ears pierced!

Wow, what experience would I have liked to have had? Probably, that first dance or prom. The preparation, the anticipation, the participation.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
    Same here. I would have liked the intimate bonding that girls do.

I've had one male friend (a co-worker) in my lifetime that I ever felt comfortable enough to have discussions of an intimate nature. These discussions usually centered around the women we were involved with in the past or present. He is the only man I ever expressed my inner feelings to. I have never been able to do it with my brothers or best male friends. As far as I know, this is pretty common with most men. I suppose we see it as a weakness.

So, yes, I would have liked the bonding that girls are, fortunately, able to do in their relationships.

Take care...
    Last edited by Ricochet; 06-09-2009 at 11:01 AM.

Down into the Easy Chair SweetCaroline's Avatar
    Definitely getting to wear a prom dress. Not to big on actually going to the prom, I just wanted to wear the dresses.

In a way, I did get to do just that 20 years later when I was asked to be a model in a fashion show at the 2008 First Event conference outside Boston, so one fantasy did come true (among many others).
    Caroline Emily
    Co-Moderator
    SISTERS FAMILY

Gardner Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_gardner/
    Worcester Chapter
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sisters_of_worcester/

Family is the most important thing in the World.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

All that we don't know!

I can't tell you how many times my wife has said, "that's the kind of thing you learn growing up as a girl!".

Ok so we learn about makeup and we cover ourselves in the outward trappings of being a woman and even learn voice control, but all of that is like joining a chorus and singing in a language you don't know. You can learn the pronunciation but you still don't know what it all means.

We all never learned how girls think, how they are taught to act, and what they internalize in this process! That's what I miss so much: I want to know what it's like to be a girl from the inside out. Learning it now is one heck of a learning curve, if it can be done at all!

tina

Going to my first formal dinner or dance

Hands down, Prom! Ugh what I would have given to be the one dressed up in those beautiful gowns! *sigh*

Internalizing being a girl

Quote Originally Posted by suchacutie View Post
    I can't tell you how many times my wife has said, "that's the kind of thing you learn growing up as a girl!".

Ok so we learn about makeup and we cover ourselves in the outward trappings of being a woman and even learn voice control, but all of that is like joining a chorus and singing in a language you don't know. You can learn the pronunciation but you still don't know what it all means.

We all never learned how girls think, how they are taught to act, and what they internalize in this process! That's what I miss so much: I want to know what it's like to be a girl from the inside out. Learning it now is one heck of a learning curve, if it can be done at all!

tina
    Spot on--I'd like the whole she-bang (pardon the pun!), but I've also often thought how exciting it would feel to put on a bra for the first time. Then again, I don't think I'd want to experience the whole menstrual thing.
    Malori

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar

Smile

Oh my -- this is a great question! Thank you!

Yes -- there are all those great experiences -- first bra, that special dress, first makeup experiences --- but as I look back at life -- guess what -- I did experience them. The day I bought my first training bra will forever be indelibly etched on my mind as the single greatest day of teenage years. That special dress -- well -- my first dress WAS very special -- cause it was mine and it was a dress, not did not belong to someone else. My first experimentation with makeup -- just like every other girl! Oh - and i did read 16 and Tiger Beat magazine for all stuff on my faves like The Monkees etc -- and Seventeen for all the fashion news. I sat with teh Sears, Penney's and Wards catalogs and dreamed just like any other girl. Oh there are other expriences far too personal to mention -- such as the first time I bought a ceratin item from that little vending machine in the girls restroom - -what a rite of passage. Yes -- I experienced so much that every girl does -- and non-CDing boys don't.

However -- the missing component is the fact that these were all done alone. I wished that I had been made to feel as special as my sister did on those occasions. Yes, they were all special for me to, but the specialness was not shared. It was a lonely type of specialness, known only to me. It brought happiness and satisfaction, but I only knew of it.

My happiest days arer those when I peddled my bike out to the local shopping centre, went in Murphy's Mart and plunked down my allowance on a new bra and panties and a copy of Seventeen, and then headed to a local lake where I sat on the shore under a tree reading my magazine after putting on my new undies.

It was wonderful, and I wouldn't trade it for the life of any of the boys that I saw playing football or little league baseball etc.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

When my boobs started to show. Thats the first sign of womanhood. I remember getting my first bra, so that doesn't count lol.
    Also the thrill of going from boring cotton little girl panties to sexy women's silky bikini panties. in a way I did get to go from boring boys underwear to sexy panties, but it's not the same.

Aspiring Member
    I would love to have experienced turning some heads as I walked by & knowing that I was making the boys think "nasty" thoughts. The whole idea of going through puberty with everything blossoming & curving & pouting thrills me.

The highest of heels! Helen H. Heels's Avatar

NYLONS!! absolutely

Trying on heels was fun in a young boys experience however when nylons were added to the equation, then heaven is attained.
    Just would have been great not to hide but to share this experience!
    Love,
    Helen

Hmmm experiences I wish I had (when young):

1) growing breasts as a younger girl.

2) going out with girlfriends and shopping and bonding.

3) being asked out by guys for dates.

4) being a "bad girl" at school- either by reputation or by skipping classes, etc.

5) having a date for prom. Hell, having a date in high school (in general, I actually had 2 dates in all of HS- one girl was deported a day or two later)

6) going to college on campus and doing whatever and whomever I wanted.

7) going to the beach in a bikini and teasing all the boys.

8) all of the fashions the younger girls can wear that we older ones cant/couldnt.
    "Oh f*ckkk!! Chick's a dude!" - from textsfromlastnight

me: I wonder what it'd be like to play golf en femme.

wifey: It's hotter and sweatier.

Bad me but being in the back seat of a '57 Chevy, listening to teh radio ( I wish it was ZZ Top's Legs but then I would have been 22 and if I was still in the backseat of a Chevy, there was something wrong with me) being totally conflicted as to being a good girl or being...popular. I know good girl would have won but being popular is soooooo cool
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    Sweet sixteen and/or Prom.
    I regret not going to my Prom and have been chasing the dream ever since with an extensive collection of very expensive gowns.

Less seriously: it would have been great to drive the boys crazy by being a hot young teenage lesbian.
    Last edited by gender_blender; 06-09-2009 at 12:21 PM.

Aspiring Member

School Uniforms

Would have loved to be wearing the knee high socks and plaid skirts going to the local private schools. They are atill on my mind.