Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Girlhood experience you wished you had

For me I think it would have to be all the firsts: first bra. And, having my Mom take me to the store to get it and try it on. First school dance which would have required getting a nice dress. At the dance my first kiss followed by my first hickey, etc. I think I would have really enjoyed these things at an earlier age.

just spending time with Mom...

cooking, shopping, chatting.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

I have always been envious of girls. I would have loved to have been able to play with dolls and not be made fun of, to have a new Easter dress, my first bra, and yes like so many others to have that bra snapped. I wonder what it would have been like to have my first period, the slumber parties , etc.

first prom, having girlfriends i can actually talk to. <-- is one thing guys don't or very very very rarely have

Getting ready for Prom for me - I hated having to wear the annoying tux and be all buttoned up, wearing a tie, on a warm spring night. I would have loved to have been the one wearing the formal dress, stockings, and matching lingerie.

After much thought, these......

I took a long ride yesterday, and stopped at a scenic overlook, pulled out a lawn chair, and just sat, drank a few sodas, and though about this subject because there was a family with two young daughters nearby, being scolded by their mom for playing in the grass in their dresses.

I grew up watching girls around me go through their lives, wondering what it would be like for me when my turn came. Observing my sister, learning how to do all kinds of things with her hair, then going into a panic one day when her hairdresser cut it a couple inches too short. Watching her spending days upon days learning to twirl a baton, in hopes of making the majorette team. I sat quietly when mom took us to the store, and had my sister try on dress after dress until they found one that they liked. Then going to our relatives houses for holidays, and watching as they took pictures of the girls, ignoring the boys. I watched from a distance as she often tried on many outfits before choosing one to wear, laying them out on her bed one at a time, then side by side trying to choose. I remember watching her learn to walk in heels. I played by myself in my own room, when they had slumber parties, running around the house having fun. I pretended to watch TV in an adjacent room, while secretly listening to her and her friends talking about make up, clothes, hair, boys, other girls, school, and on and on. I watched my sister's best friend practice to be a cheerleader, and even though my sister wasn't trying out herself, both she and her other friend learned the routines and helped the girl who was trying out. Having them join my family one year on vacation, seeing how beautiful she looked in a bathing suit, wanting to look like that myself someday (some feelings never go away, do then?). I watched my high school aged neighbor girl chatting on the phone with her friends from my back yard, and I clandestinely spied on her from my bedroom window when her boyfriends brought her home after dates. I watched her get engaged, then married, then get pregnant, and raise her babies.

All these things, and more, I thought that I would eventually experience. And never did.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I think of all the young girl experiences I would have liked to have had, the one which matters most would have been to be able to be that girl my Mom wanted me to be. After three sons, I know she wanted me to be a girl. I did more cooking with her, learned to iron, and accompanied her when she went shopping more than my older brothers, all the while being "all boy." Well, not quite "all" boy as I truly enjoyed wearing her clothes (secretly) from an early age. She passed away quite a while ago, but I still often think that when I put on a pair of panties, I am a little closer to that girl/woman she wanted me to be, and a little closer to her.

Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Richards View Post
    I think of all the young girl experiences I would have liked to have had, the one which matters most would have been to be able to be that girl my Mom wanted me to be. After three sons, I know she wanted me to be a girl. I did more cooking with her, learned to iron, and accompanied her when she went shopping more than my older brothers, all the while being "all boy." Well, not quite "all" boy as I truly enjoyed wearing her clothes (secretly) from an early age. She passed away quite a while ago, but I still often think that when I put on a pair of panties, I am a little closer to that girl/woman she wanted me to be, and a little closer to her.

Lauren
    Lauren has touched me with this post. I wish my Mom could have known how much I wanted to be her daughter. I think of her everytime I wear her jewelery. I wonder how many of you feel the same.

The shopping, the sleepovers..I did it. But I always wanted to wear plaid skirts when I was younger and I was never able to lol, But "now"..I can do it and be proud.
    [SIZE="2"]*!ßläque ßä®biie!*[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    that's not sexual? Sexuality is what a young woman is all about. It is nature and thus many here would class that as something they missed. Making out in the back seat, seducing (and pretending it wasn't your idea) are all rights of passage. Guess this is just good girls vs. bad girls. Once again the people here cover all areas
    WHAT?

A period is a natural body function. It's a unique experience females have that men don't. It's a fact of life, and just because it's apart of the reproductive system doesn't make it a sick sexual fetish of being a "girl with a reputation" or doing the football team or all that other crap. That is the type of crap that gives most of us a bad name. Your automatic thinking of a period as sexual is downright scary.

And you can do all that stuff as a boy anyways. I've done the "seducing while pretending it wasn't my idea" thing before. I've made out in cars. Maybe you've dated the wrong people.

I think the real issue is peoples narrow view of gender and sexuality. Thus leads to the sad part of making girlhood into a giant sexual fetish. Your reply of thinking period = sexual is proof of that.

Lets see

growing boobs
    first "time of the month"
    just the usual feelings of puberty that females go though?
    first kiss
    Merry

HRT since 2009

Getting my period, my first bra, my ballet and gym lessons...

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
    WHAT?

A period is a natural body function. It's a unique experience females have that men don't. It's a fact of life, and just because it's apart of the reproductive system doesn't make it a sick sexual fetish of being a "girl with a reputation" or doing the football team or all that other crap. That is the type of crap that gives most of us a bad name. Your automatic thinking of a period as sexual is downright scary.

And you can do all that stuff as a boy anyways. I've done the "seducing while pretending it wasn't my idea" thing before. I've made out in cars. Maybe you've dated the wrong people.

I think the real issue is peoples narrow view of gender and sexuality. Thus leads to the sad part of making girlhood into a giant sexual fetish. Your reply of thinking period = sexual is proof of that.
    Have to disagree. Having sex is also a natural function of being a woman and you don't have sex (at least normally) until after puberty and the period, so the two are related.

And if we are going to argue "You can do that anyway" joining a gymnastics class (yes they will let you do the uneven bars and balance beam when you are male you just don't compete on that level) and Ballet (been there done that wore the tights) and cheers can all be done in male mode. Did the volleyball thing long before it was considered in most parts of the US as manly, did field hockey, twirled baton. You saying that what some people consider 'part of being a girl' as being a sick fetish is just as closed minded as you think they are. If it bothers you that some here find that sexuality IS a major part of being a girl, you probably should not read the posts that bother you.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

just wearing the school uniform would been enough for me the tight skirt with tny girly panties and bra and bobby sox with my hair in pigtails xx

Girlhood experiences

Good grief, I would've loved them all.
    Making my First Communion in a pretty dress with white anklets, party dresses, my first bra, my first pair of big girl stockings, school uniforms, and prom dresses.
    Maybe being a bridesmaid in my best friends wedding.
    I just don't know where to stop!

Karly in East County kayesimone's Avatar
    I like what you said Lauren...my mom passed away when i was in 7th grade and found out later that she saw me as her little girl. I already had 2 older brothers, real boy kinda boys. but my memories of mom were us cooking and cleaning and shopping...writing poetry talking about feelings and playing with my hair. ( she let me grow my hair really long and wavy). I was lucky enough to have a "boyfriend" for 8th and 9th grade who thought it fun to hang out downtown with me and find places to stash clothes so i could dress up.
    As far as what i missed most was actually seeing my breasts develope and hips fill out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The whole thing good and bad wish i had been born a girl and had a life to remember!
    Katie x.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

being a cheerleader

Banned Read only
    for me it would have to be cheerleading and prom. Prom is a passage from girl to young lady in my book. My mom always said you should have been born a girl with the way you cry all the time when I was little. But little does she know that I dress as one, she ask's me but I deny it.