Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Girlhood experience you wished you had

Aspiring Member MsSamanthaErica's Avatar
    Slumber parties and dance lessons for sure!

But the formal prom is the best wish I have... the beautiful gown, being fussed over and wearing such gorgeous, flowing clothing... oh my! I once envisioned a 'Reverse Prom' where guys wore the gowns and their dates were in the tuxes! What a time I would have had if that were the case!

Going to the prom... I am so gone
    dress up like I want
    makes my head spin and tongue pant
    to be that gorgeous sight
    will carry me every day and night!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    A girl loves her boots...
    [SIZE="1"]"I used to have demons in my room at night
    Desire, despair, desire
    So many monsters..." -Annie Lennox
    [/SIZE]

My first pair of high heels would have been a thrill!

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
    Disappointed at the people making this sexual. That sort of stuff is why I don't post here more.

Getting my period.
    that's not sexual? Sexuality is what a young woman is all about. It is nature and thus many here would class that as something they missed. Making out in the back seat, seducing (and pretending it wasn't your idea) are all rights of passage. Guess this is just good girls vs. bad girls. Once again the people here cover all areas
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I think i would have to say the first bra followed by having to get new ones every other month or so due to growth.
    Then the discusssion with mum ( and friends to ) about defuzzing legs, to shave or use creams or wax.
    The whole girls thing realy.

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Oh, gosh, Tracy, I wish I'd had it all! I missed getting the girly presents, having the girl friends, I really, really dispised being excluded from the "girl's side" of the playground and from "home economics" classes in middle school (in my day, boys weren't even allowed near those classrooms).

I missed wearing dresses to elementary school and skirts to middle & high school (again, in my day, girls were required to wear skirts to school).

I missed my first bra and my first period (doesn't sound like much fun, but it is part of being a girl).

And although pretty much of a committed male heterosexual now, I would have loved to know/understand what it was like to go riding in cars with boys. Really! I long to know what it was like to go fishing for a boy, to get him to call, to go out on a date, to wear that special dress to the prom.
    Persephone said it all for me. Funny, I've been thinking all week about how much I would have loved going to my HS prom in a long pink dress....

Smile

I would have liked to have had the opportunity to shop for and wear a prom dress, be a cheerleader, get the presents my sister got, girl talk, be a Girl Scout, and wear make-up.

Wearing skirts, dresses, colorful clothing
    Girls sports (rhythmic/artistic gymnastics, netball)

Quote Originally Posted by Stacye Rose View Post
    I'd have to say the one experience I would have liked would have been getting my first pair of high heels to wear with "that special dress". Such a grown up feeling for a young teenage girl to have.
    That is such a cool young girl experince. I was in a shoe store the other day and a young girl and her mother came in to purchace her first pair of high heel shoes. They were both having so much fun. She picked the cutest peap toe black pumps. I checked after they left, if they had them in my size. They didn't Boo HooDaviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

A girl...and I love it! Marisa_M's Avatar
    For me it would have been talking with my parents about my feminine feelings and desires but I wasn't brave enough.

Now I'm quite sure my mother would have supported me.

I regret it but now it's too late.
    [SIZE="3"]Marisa[/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones”

[SIZE="2"]Helena Rubinstein[/SIZE]

Going through puberty,which entails mood swings,breast development, periods, and just being a girl. NOt to mention the dresses, first heels, and girl bonding.
    Striving for acceptance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Renee View Post
    I would have liked to have had the opportunity to shop for and wear a prom dress, be a cheerleader, get the presents my sister got, girl talk, be a Girl Scout, and wear make-up.
    My mother was a den mother when I was about seven and when she took the girls on a camp-out I had to come along. So, I was a Girl Scout.

Aspiring Member
    What a thought-provoking question!
    I'd say it would have been wonderful to have my own closet and drawer full of my own clothes and not having to wear my sister's and my mother's clothes.

Senior Member joannemarie barker's Avatar
    just being mums little princess

Angry dancing classes

for me growing up watching my sister in ballet, tap and some gymnastics classes. i would always watch my sister and go home and practice what i saw... i would have loved to take these classes for myself. Not to mention wearing the cool outfits. shuffle ball step lol
    Every day I tell myself I'm gonna live forever... and guess what! So far it's working. - Me

Some people say forgive and forget. Nah, I don't know. I say forget about forgiving and just accept - Gross Point Blank

My dark thoughts: CutieJulie.blog.comhttp://cutiejulie.blog.com

Dance Lessons

Me too Ms. Kei!! To have had my mother sign me up for taking ballet lessons at our local dance studio with the rest of the young girls my age.
    Last edited by Sarah V; 07-04-2009 at 04:03 PM.

Sarah[SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

"Sport is for men.......But Ballet is for women" ---- George Balenchine

Silver Member
    Prom dress shopping. I could skip the prom since i don't like boys but the whole shopping and prepping thing would be neat to do.

Definitely would have loved to be a girl when I was in school...I almost think it would have been easier for me, maybe. Would have loved to have been a cheerleader(two of my best friends in high school were). Oh, and the proms that I would have loved to have gone to...getting my hair done in an 'updo' and trying to wear the sexiest, prettiest dress. Getting my nails done, everything....Oh well, didn't do it back then, I guess I'm behind, so I'd better get busy!!

Suz

Quote Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
    Disappointed at the people making this sexual. That sort of stuff is why I don't post here more.

Getting my period.

I could really go on forever about this.
    maybe you're getting it now............
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

for me it would be the prom dress and all the girl things

It would be filling out a two-piece bathing suit.

Charlene

ballet and baton class

What I missed growing up

When I was a young boy, I watched my sister getting dressed in her very pretty feminine clothes. All I could think of was, it must be very exciting to dress like that. I watched her with envious eyes as her breasts developed, thinking it must be a wonderful feeling, wearing a bra. I missed these things happening to me when I was young, but now I experience them every day.

At the age of fourteen I would skip school to dresss in my sisters clothes and go for walks during the day fully dressed as a girl. One very cold November morning I was returing from my walk feeling very cold indeed. As I approached a parking lot directly in my path I could see a man sitting in an idling car watching me. I wondered if I should go up to the the car and ask him if I could just sit inside for a few minutes to warm up. I didn't do that and I often wonder if he would have offered to take me home for a hot cup of cocoa and we would have become sexually involved.

Diane

Where's my Millionaire?? Kendra (Tx)'s Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]With me, hands down would have been the prom...The shopping for the perfect gown...having my hair done, my nails and the preparation of the day...Culminating in hearing the doorbell ring and seeing my date there to pick me up...And of course the wrist corsage an all the pictures mom would have taken of my date and I.. ( And we'll leave the "after the prom" up to the imagination.. )[/SIZE]

http://kendra954.com
    Last edited by Kendra (Tx); 07-05-2009 at 10:37 AM.
    [SIZE="3"]Some of the most beautiful women in the world were born male. [/SIZE]

There are so many:

Shopping for my first bra
    Being a cheerleader
    Taking ballet classes like my sister did
    Going to prom and shopping for a dress
    Having girlfriends to hang out with.