Thread: Narrow escape!

Narrow escape!

Guess we've all been there....had a couple of days off work,went shopping (in drab,and away from where I work),saw a top I liked the look of,tried it on ok,went towards the cash desk to pay....and spotted one of the women from my office! Managed to pull back and ducked out of sight,hung around another part of the shop till she'd gone before I could go and pay. Not ready to come out to the office just yet........

Guess you need to shop fiurther away from home? But then again I've had coworkers pop up on me at stores 15 miles away before.. Lol. And I've had them get in line behind me.. Struck up a conversation with one and she never did say anything about the skirts and tops on my arms.. Like I cared..
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

If all else fails, whatever you're buying is a gift for someone.
    "Oh f*ckkk!! Chick's a dude!" - from textsfromlastnight

me: I wonder what it'd be like to play golf en femme.

wifey: It's hotter and sweatier.

I was in a beauty salon getting a facial and make-up when a woman from my work--someone I know quite well--came into the salon. She did not recognize me, I guess. She never said anything then or later.
    warmly, Linnea

try wearing a monkey suit. The would never know it's you. The prob with that is you might have a few cops shoot at you so you should get use to ducking , so you'd better not monkey around.

If you don't think the monkey idea is right fir you. You could try having a pre-writen up list of gurly stuff in hand to show that your shoping for someone else.

Or try this. Let them see you and have them bring up the subject. They may say " oh you'll look great in that dress." if that happens you might have someone to share it with.

I am out at work plus I don't care who knows. But that's me Hun.

You do what you need to do. Have fun.
    Last edited by Christina Horton; 06-11-2009 at 05:16 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)

Hi same thing happened to me sort of..my works a good 20 miles away...i came out of my local shop and saw this man..he say'd he recognised me from work (i was in drab by the way)..anyway i said what brings you here..he said he lives here...right on my street !...when i think of all the times i've walked up and down that street as Clarissa...scary..i think if it came down to it i'd explain about my twin sister staying with me..as i can't see that stopping me..its a small world.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I was shopping in a local Sam's Club when they were having a special on women's skirt's and tops. I had several of each in my cart, when I met my next door neighbors. Now I have been a widower for 4+ years, and I am pretty certain they know I don't have a girl friend. (At least not a local one!) Ruth just said, "looks like you picked out some pretty things". I told her that I hoped so! Since I routinely walk in the neighborhood dressed enfemme, they probably know that I CD anyway. But I could care less!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by CLARRISA View Post
    Hi same thing happened to me sort of..my works a good 20 miles away...i came out of my local shop and saw this man..he say'd he recognised me from work (i was in drab by the way)..anyway i said what brings you here..he said he lives here...right on my street !...when i think of all the times i've walked up and down that street as Clarissa...scary..i think if it came down to it i'd explain about my twin sister staying with me..as i can't see that stopping me..its a small world.
    The same thing happened to me at a lingere store and when I turned around there next in line to cash out was one of the woman from my job and she looked at me surprised, so I just said I was buying a gift for my sister as she was coming to visit. The woman said to me I didnt know you had a Sister and I showed her a picture of me in fem and she said she looks younger and thinner then me and I Thanked her and laughed all the way home.Joann0830

My wife and I were recently shopping at a thrift store for femme items for the both of us. At one point we ran into a friend of my wife who struck up a conversation with us. During the conversation she began to take a keen interest in the size 14 dresses we had in the shopping cart. I should point out that my wife is a size 2.
    We could tell by her questions and reactions that she had probably guessed that she was standing face to face with an actual crossdresser.
    Even my wife who is usually good at explaining things away struggled to come up with a cogent reason for such large dresses for such a petite woman.
    The cat, it seemed, was out of the bag.
    Boy, I'll bet the emails were flying that night.

I wasn't caught by someone I know but the other day at the thrift shop with my sister-in-law I found a lite summer dress and jacket cover in my size. So when we checked out the sales lady checked my sister-in-law first and then mine. Now this lady must have been in her late 70s and funny. Anyway she was bagging my purchase and she said it was pretty and then asked if I was wearing it for a special event. Not missing a beat I said yes as a matter of fact. She said that they had shoes that would look good with it and I replyed with I have a number of sets of heels that will be fine but thanks. We both laughed and then we left. Did she know? Probably.

Keli

quite a while ago i flew to germany and arriving at the airport i was picked by a customs officer who proceeded to examine my suitcase containing my femme wardrobe.i was in drab of course!
    dangling one of my bras high up in the air for everyone to see he asked me if it was mine.i said yes!do you wear it?i said sometimes!then he was the one who got red in the face and told me to get out of there!
    where has all the glamour gone?
    marlene dietrich is my idol

Lightbulb

Talk about double standards!! If a woman purchases mens boxers do you think she would have to run & hide from the checkout counter if a guy from work happened to walk into the store? Nope. The guy would most probably strike up a conversation saying " HMMm! Nice boxers! Lets say we go back to my place and you can model them for me." To which the woman would reply,"No thanks. The boxers aren't for me, they are for my truck driving husband who just happens to be standing right behind you."She waives affectionately " Hi ,Honey!"

Can you imagine the economic impact if cross dressers stopped purchasing women s attire & accessories? We've got power, baby, use it!!
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

A good excuse (if you need one) is to say you have a small ebay business finding deals for customers and local thrift shops are a great source. Or just hold the clothes up and make joke about them fitting you if you lost 30 pounds and you are not sure where you could wear them, if they did fit...

I've had the reverse happen.

I was taking classes en femme at the local community college (Yes, I do have a college transcript in my femme name).

One day I was at the manicurists in drab and there was my teacher a couple of stations away, having her nails done!

Fortunately, she either never saw me or never recognized me.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I was in a Lane Bryant and saw one of my town's gossips coming in. I went intofull stealth mode and made a discrete exit from the store. It is difficult for a 6'3" 300# guy to become invisible.
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Just yesterday I was able to leave work a bit early so I went to Walmart to do a little shopping. I bought a pair of women's bermuda shorts. Later on that evening my wife wanted to go back to Walmart and without thinking or looking we wound up in the same checkout that I had used about three hours earlier. When it was out time to pay the SA looked at my wife and then at me and said "Well did they fit?" I feigned ignorance but she wouldn't let up. She said "You know those ladies shorts that you bought earlier". She had a big grin on her face. I said I wasn't here before. She said 'Sure, sure, ok". My wife was getting visibly upset with me because she knows I CD and I have lied to her about it before. She asked me about it when we went out to the car. She hardly spoke to me the rest of the evening.

Trans Adventurer supreme RobertaM's Avatar
    I have had two.

1. Shopping in drag, at a local discount department store for dresses,, I had picked out a dress to try on I went to the change rooms and looks sideways into the stockroom. OMG a mom of scout group I'm involved with. I'm pretty sure she was hiding from me. So i left quickly to another part of the store,, then saw her again we made brief eye contact and then I freaked and left. this was two months ago,, I so want to come out to her as she is a pretty cool lady,, hey I did 1 week in the deep bush with her on a scout canoing trip so i know her pretty well. I have been kinda a joking with her on girlly stuff. I such a chicken shit.

2. Was shopping in a boutique 14+ ladies store,, and a lady i know from a professional association i am involved with (she was ex pres) . ran into the back room, I know the store owner who is involved with the trans groups in van. Hid out in her back room until this lady left. lol,, talking about hiding in a real closet,, lol. Had a coffee with the owner after wards,, we had a good laugh about it.

Similar to Linnea, I had just finished a full makeover at a Merle Norman store, had paid and was leaving, and saw one of my closest co-workers walking across the parking lot straight toward the store. I am pretty much "out" everywhere except at work and wouldn't have minded with almost anyone else. But this woman was someone I worked with closely every day, a real big-wig in our organization *and* pretty much the institution's Director of Gossip and Propaganda as well.

I asked the SA if they had a rear exit, which fortunately they did, and I made my escape around the dumpsters out back while my friend was walking in the front door.

Nothing was ever mentioned later (and with this woman, it *would* have been), so apparently I pulled it off successfully. I'm surprised she didn't even notice my van parked outside the store, since it's recognizable and quite well known at work.

I am glad she didn't come a few minutes earlier when I was sitting in full view of the entire sales floor getting my makeover.

- Diane

fem name: rebecca mindfulperson's Avatar
    yeah this situation has happened to me a few times don't worry I think it happens to all of us