Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dressing up by parents

Here I sit at the ripe old age of 61 and just as happy to dress now as the day I began - maybe more so now. I had 3 older sisters who teased me constantly and thought one day that putting lipstick on me and dressing me in a skirt would be fun (for them). Turns out, I was the one who had all the fun. The mere mention of dressing me as a girl was a delight. And I knew I wanted to do it.The feeling was overwhelmingly "YES!!!!" I absolutely loved the idea, but I knew if I just went along and didn't fight, they'd tire of that little "tease" and stop, so I protested (weakly, mind you) just so they'd continue to do it. Just a skirt and lipstick that day, but in the mirror, I really looked like a little girl!!!! I was cute, I felt like a little girl and I LOVED that feeling and the image of myself being so girly and femme.

I just HAD to go farther and see what else I would like. Every single chance I got, I'd try on another of their skirts or a dress, but I'd never do it without also wearing a pair of their panties and slip. I would wear their poddle skirts with a full crinolin skirt underneath, and their blouses, shoes, anything I could find. They got me hooked just by suggesting I dress like a girl. It excited me and has never dodne anything but make me happy. I adore the feminine part of myself.

My sisters did not make me a crossdresser, but they did introduce me to the sweet girl who lives in my heart - my REAL first love. I told all 3 of them about 5 years ago that I was a CD and they were shocked! I mentioned how they got me started and they wondered if I blamed them. I said I wasn't telling them to blame them, I was telling them so I could THANK them! They just awoke my feminine spirit and I loved them for it!

As for parents, well, I was caught several times by my mother who disapproved, but the more she forbade it, the more attractive it became, and the better I got at hiding.

I want add that I also told my daughter and she loves me all the more for having so much "courage". We are thousands of miles apart, but we made a promise to out one day, each in a skirt. I can't wait!!!!

Sisters can be so mean!

Nice post, Edy. I kind of envy that your mom gave in. Good for her! And good for you!!!

Dressing by parents.

My mum dressed me in dresses from when i was about 5 and she always
    took me and my sister out as girls,she called me her special daughter and
    all her friends accepted me as a girl.It was so lovely.

My mom dressed me in my sisters old clothes, supposedly to save money (although oddly, we had money for new furniture, so that idea never made sense to me when I got older and figured it all out). I didn't find out till I was much older that there may have been other perhaps subconscious reasons that she did it. But I clearly remember wearing a dress when I was very young, although not after age 3. She also sewed blue and red stripes into the underwear band of old panties instead of buying me new fruit of the loom boys underwear with the same color stripes, I guess assuming I wouldn't know the difference. That, along with getting hand me down dolls and such to play with, probably had some sort of effect on me.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

My sister

I wasn't dressed by my mother, but my sister did all the time. I was hooked at an early age. I also thought that it was perfectly great to wear pretty things.

i use to dress up in my moms dresses, skirts, panties, bra's everyday after school and one day i was standing in the mirror thinking of how great i looked and my mom walked in behind me. she then put make-up on me and even brought out her wedding dress for me to put on. after that day we never talked about it again but i think she always knew i still would come home and put her clothes on. probably why she kept her clothes in my room. i still till this day will visit her and when i spend the night i will look to see if i can find anything cute to wear.

I've told my story a number of times now. As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a girl. I don't know if I told anyone when I was real young. First was a doll that I had that I played with all the time. Then it was being dressed in my older (by 7 years) sister's panties and occassionally a ribboned or bowed undershirt. I now think that my mother purchased me my own panties. Over the years I was used as a dress model for a cousin that was my size and age. My mother made eight dresses. These were all found after my mother passed away. My sisters couldn't remember them but I could. I don't believe my mother ever gave them to my cousin. Often when used as a clothes dummy I would often spend many hours in those dresses just so it would be 'easier' later on.
    When I was 8 or 9 (maybe 10) I fell into a puddle of mud on my uncle's farm. My aunt cleaned me up and made me wear a dress and underthings of my one cousins. I thought for sure I would be given a boy cousin's clothes to wear. No such deal. I was marched out in front of everyone and really ridiculed. They didn't let me forget that experience for a good long time.
    When I was 11 I dressed up as a colonial girl in a costume my sister had previously worn years before. It was ok. Months later I wanted tyo see what it would have been like had I not worn pants under the skirt part. From that point I wanted to experiment more. Then I wanted top try on more modern day stuff. I eventually found a combination that I liked and then there was no turning back.

no but wished they had

I have only been forced by my neighborhood friends mom. They had twin girls and a boy so us boys became twin girls that day, It was fun in my book. Only once did my mom want to dress me as a girl for Halloween and I too regret it to this day. For some reason she had always joked about wanting a girl.

I actually have three stories. On my mom's side of the family i only have girl cousins, so my grandmother used to only buy girls clothing for her dress up bin. My cousins were there a lot more often than i was, which would explain why. But seeing as how I am the only male cousin ( 2 female cousins and a sister), I would go shopping with them, my mom, and my aunt, I was always referred to as "one of the girls". Therefore, I played as one of the girls. I used to get mad, not that anyone knew, that there was no pretty dress for me to wear when all the girls put on theirs.

When I was in kindergarden, my friends and I used to play "spy," and more often that not we would wear costumes. Invariably, I would convince all of my guy friends to be in disguise in girls clothing!!!

My last story regards my sister. May I point out that she and I get mistaken for twin boys, and she is very much a butch lesbian, and I love her very much. As a child, she always hated the girly dress up clothing my mother would buy for her, so I used to wear it, and convince friends to wear it, until around 3rd grade!!! If only they knew now...

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    My mom says she dressed me as a girl sometimes when I was very small. She says she got a kick out it when strangers would comment that I was such a cute little girl. I was so small that I don't recall any of it now. I do recall her telling me years ago that she had hoped her first born (me) would be a girl and that she was somewhat disappointed when I came out a boy. Truth be known, so was I.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Silver Member
    As a child about 4 years old, I thought I was being good most of the time, but mother thought differently about my behavior! She started by forcefully punishing me to wear frilly aprons and help her do housework. This continued into my teen years, her insisting that I wear my older sisters discarded short dresses, jumpers/skirts & blouses, full slips, white lacy socks, black shiney MaryJane shoes, and of course silky lacy panties, and eventually training bras. She always insisted that she polish my nails in pink, and I wear screw on earrings. She refused to get my hair cut short, but rather do it in big hair curlers. I had to learn to do all the housework - laundry, wash/dry dishes, vacuuming, polishing funiture, scrub floors, & iron clothes to name a few. When she said I was "bad", I knew that meant I had to dress as her "little girl sissy maid". She inspected me and every chore I did and it all had to pass her "white glove" approval or it had to done over until she was satisfied! No time for play - only school, homework, & cleaning! If I ever refused ANY of her demands, I was severly beaten, given more chores, and had to remain in girls clothes another day. My life(?) then was filled with deep humilation, confusion, & I had very little self worth.

My mom never dressed me up or treated me like a girl in any way. I was visiting my girl cousins once (age seven) and they "coerced" me to dress in a dowdy dress and long auburn wig. I paraded in front of my aunt and mom like that and then ran into a closet to change. Funny thing, I stayed in the closet for years after that.

Kathielynne

My mom was the youngest in her family. All of my aunts had daughters who were 5 to 8 years older than me. When I was around 6 to 10 they liked to play house at a small cabin in the woods near their homes. They all enjoyed dressing me up as a girl in their old clothes, and I enjoyed it too. Since we did this out at the cabin none of the adults knew what was going on.

Sometimes they dressed me up in everyday outfits such as plain dresses, or a blouse and jumper. When they dressed me in those outfits I usually wore ankle socks and plain leather MaryJanes. They always underdressed me in nylon panties and a slip.

The best times though were when they let me wear a nicer dress because I got to wear tights and black patent MJs, and sometimes a petticoat that made the skirt of my dress fill out. I loved the feeling of the petti against my legs, even with the tights on. They'd put clip-on earrings on me and paint my nails too. I loved the days we'd spend playing like this.

One Halloween when I was 12 or 13 Mom let me go out dressed up as a girl. She found a dress and shoes that fit me and let me wear a wig and makeup. People in the neighborhood didn't know it was me.

Jenny

I used to have a gold dress when I was little that my mother made for me. I also had a blonde wig, my mother also put lipstick on me. It was all good fun. I also remember that at school I always wanted to be female characters from books, films, tv shows in 'let's pretend' style games.

Yep

It was only for a cub scouts skit, but my mom had our whole little troop dress up in drag and perform what, i don't even remember... But i do remember liking the feeling of having nylons on and that was probibly what started my interest in girl clothes. I was pretty close to puberty, like 12 or something, and when i did hit puberty i would swipe my moms nylons to put on and put back before anyone go home. My stepmom also was drinking one day when i was visting and my stepsister who was about my age was playing girly dress up with her little pink frilly princess dress. Anyways,my dad wasn't around so i had to hang out wiyh the girls and i'm not sure why it came up, but i remember stepmom asking me if i wanted to play dress up too. I said yes, and they got another of these frilly dresses out for me. I was only 9 or so. But i remember stepmom really getting a kick out me in this dress. I got the last laugh when i went to live with them and found some of stepmoms dresses hanging in the closet of the room they gave me. She would die if she knew what fun i had in they late at night back then.

SO of Lisa Golightly Deb The Brunette's Avatar
    Parents never dressed me as a girl (I managed that quite well on my own) but they did dress my sister up as a girl though

Some people build walls around themselves......not to keep people out
    But to see who cares enough to break them down
    So thanks lisa for taking a bloody great sledgehammer to mine you certainly made short work of it

Loves you Poppet
    x

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    Never ..

My Mom did....

My story: four kids in the family, three boys and a girl who was 18 months older than I. The other two boys (the bookends) took after Mom while my sister and I took after Dad and were the spitting image of each other.

My sister contracted double pneumonia and died when she was 11 and I 9 Devastated Mom who believed it was her fault for not taking her to the doctor early enough.....she spent months in a mental hospital, severe depression, electroshocks, all kinds of bad stuff.

Several months after she ended her intensive treatments, we were alone in the house and she asked me if she could dress me in my sister's clothes because 'I looked so much like her'. I immediately refused and said something totally un-PC like 'you're crazy, Mom' which prompted a bawling attack. That scared me but gave in because we had been warned to not make her sad or upset.

Within minutes I was in my sister's room, my clothing discarded, in panties, training bra, a slip and a dress and I was really liking it. For shoes, Mom fetched one of her flats which was a little big but which she fixed with cotton balls in the toe box.

Whether it was the sensuality of the clothing, or the fact that I had NEVER gotten so much attention, those clothes felt so right I did not want to take them off. Mom was enjoying herself immensely and so I kept the clothes on for several hours...

A couple of weeks later -same thing, except this time I did not resist and stayed dressed all of that day. Couple of weeks later, she was taking my younger brother to our cousin's house for the weekend, and as she was leaving, I asked her if I could dress up. She beamed and approved, except that this time, I went into Mom's room for things that I had seen her dressed with that I thought were 'forbidden': girdle, stockings, one of her long-line bras, a dress and a pair of heels -all were a little big, but serviceable.

She arrived a half-hour later and found me this way and first frowned, then accepted, approved and for the first time, applied some make up on me and gave me one of her wigs. She started sniffling when she was finished and said I looked lovely. That Saturday I was taught the ropes of walking on heels, sitting correctly in tight skirts, etc etc. Sunday we went to the movies, both of us in dresses, stockings, heels -dressed to the nines.

In 1964, just before turning 12, Dad was away for the whole summer and my older brother became a Coastie. The day school ended, I rushed home, shaved my legs as I had seen Mom do (she helped) dressed in Mom's things and spent the whole summer dressed 24 x 7....three months as a young woman.

This whole thing was discovered by Dad when he returned early from a trip in late 1965 and caught us, and there was hell to pay. Sad, too..only the second time I ever say Dad cry. Anyway, more therapy for Mom, many shrink visits for me, etc etc. Not fun -but never took the desire away.

Mom died in '91 after a stroke, and to her death was grateful to me for easing her pain from the loss of her only daughter.

my nic says it all obsessedwithpantyhose's Avatar
    ummm NO!!!!!

just the opposite,,,when i was 12 and wanted to know what wearing pantyhose felt like i got a pair of my sisters and have been OBSESSED with them ever since,,,
    mom caught me and fliped,,sent me to shrinks and to the parish priest,(we didnt know then they wer molesting boys)...
    i was in scouts and an alterboy,,,raised old school catholic,,,,

i saw nothing wrong with it,,its just clothes,,,

i wasnt confused as to who i was,,i love women,,,

when im wearing other clothes,,im in just the clothes,,no wig or makeup,,,
    always in pantyhose ,,,short skirts are the best and walking in heels helps my lower back,,,

i dont think its fair that only females get to wear all the fun clothes,,,
    and yet they dont wear them,,go figure

Banned Read only
    Mom bought a girl's blouse for me and asked me to wear it, which I did.

When I was about 8 my cub scout group had a crossdress party with the girl guides. My Mum dressed me in a lemon nylon babydoll dress with matching frilly knickers,frilly white socks & flat black shoes. She also did my hair (which was slightly longer)into pigtails. One of my favorite child hood memories.
    Cassandra

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.
    At 8 years old I became a cub scout. There were skits every pack meeting that the dens would put on. Because I wasn't embarrassed to play the girl parts in the skit like the other boys, I got to play them all. My mom was a seamstress and made my costumes. She even got a couple of wigs for me to wear. Going all the way wouldn't have happened if another mother hadn't done it first to her son. My mom was so competitive she wouldn't be out done. I knew the other boy well and he told me once that his mother wanted a girl and he was the only child, so he was continually being dressed up, by his mom, as a girl. I think that at the Pack meetings I was dressed completely as a girl for about half them. I remember that last meeting when I received the highest award in Cub Scouting. Our den put on s skit about the story of, "Don't cry wolf." I was the maid in a costume my sister had when she was in a play, "Pier Gynt" put on by professional actors at the University. An authentic Scandinavian maids dress. It had a white blouse, blue gathered skirt with a white lacy slip, red waistcoat, and white apron. The bonnet was blue with gold embrodery around the edges. For the play my sister had a blond braided wig but the University took that back so I had to use the short brown page boy wig that mom owned. The saddest story tho, after my mom died dad got rid of all my pictures of those days. Only a couple of pictures of me in girls clothes survived my father's purge and those were in my sister's possession. But I do have the fond memories.[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
    Last edited by shayleetv; 06-22-2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: misspelled words

I have early memories of my mother dressing me in leotards but I can't remember whether that extended to other articles of clothing. I've always wondered whether that had anything to do with my crossdressing.

Was never a consideration during my childhood, so I guess my CDing came from somewhere else.