Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dressing up by parents

dressing up by parents

just wondering how many girls were dressed up by their parents while growing up? what was it like and did they like being dressed up?

no but i would have loved it!

I'm wondering what kind of loving parents would really do that.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Never dressed by my parents but there was that summer when I was sent to stay with my aunt . . .
    It takes a real man to wear a dress.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arianna Daniels View Post
    I'm wondering what kind of loving parents would really do that.
    The same kind that would make sure that there was a supply of both "girl" and "boy" toys?

Or perhaps the kind that bans "war toys" around the house and tries to instill the values of respect and co-operation?

Sort of reminds me of the question, "What kind of parent would take a kid to a naturist camp?" (If I had children, I hope I would have the strength to take them to naturist camps.)

In any case, if you perchance look in my threads about historical cross-dressing, it turns out that dressing male and female children pretty much the same was normal and typical until at least 1920, started to fall off a bit after that, and then took a sharp drop in the late 40s to early 1950's. The boy/girl blue/pink hard division we have now has been in place for only roughly 60 years.

Quote Originally Posted by deenagirlcd View Post
    just wondering how many girls were dressed up by their parents while growing up? what was it like and did they like being dressed up?
    I could have only dreamed of such things!

Never could have happened in our house growing up. My parents were too busy forcing me into the mold that society would have me be. It was SO much fun (yes, that was sarcastic).
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Aspiring Member
    Deena, what you are talking about and what happend to me probably is different. With respect to my generation(the last to do this) It was not unusual for some mothers to dress their sons as girls. That is, I was dressed as a girl for my first three years until my father put a stop to it. I didn't get a haircut until I was 3 years old. I don't remember anything about it but I have many photos and I have talked to relatives who have confirmed it. Fortunately my mother saved locks of my curly golden blond hair from that first cutting that are so beautiful, and that has helped me get the right color for the blond wigs I use today!

dd
    Last edited by Deedee Dupree; 06-13-2009 at 08:04 PM.

Deedee, the same thing happened to me, in a way. My older sister would dress me up as a girl when I was small and too young to remember it, however, all my family remind me about it, often. This went on for a long time, until my Dad put a stop to it.

No crossdressing for this kid

Nope... i didn't get to play with war toys nor did they dress me in anything other than boy clothes. They did however tell me that I could be anything that I wanted to be when I grew up....
    That particular statement came back to bite them in the ass later....
    I don't think this is quite what they had in mind.
    Kelly
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Other than in "Fictionmania" I have not heard any stories of parents dressing their boys as girls----Save for the ocasional Halloween costume.

It never happened to me, but my mother DID try to put Lipstick on me---just for fun, when I was eight.---That heavy red 1950's stuff. My father held me down to where I could not move, but my mother chickened out at the very last moment, stating, "I don't know, it might give him a complex or something"

That scared me so bad, that I obcessed over that close call for 4 years, until finally at age 12, when left home alone one day, I lipsticked myself just to get it over with----And THATS when my urge to CD began. it grew from there.

I often wonder what would have happened if she DID lipstick me back then. After a few laughs, that might have been the end of it, and I never might have started on my own.

Off topic, but When I was 7, My mom punished me for wetting the bed by putting me in diapers, and secretly I enjoyed every bit of it, unbeknownst to her. I'd break her heart if I ever told her. Suffice to say, I never was too into to the AB thing, and oddly enough,that experience was not why I crossdress.

Back in the old days, boys wore dresses up to a certain age, including President Franklin Delano Roosevelt. ...there was never any proof that this caused boys to crossdress later in life
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 06-13-2009 at 10:07 PM.

Junior Member ErikaLadyoftheDesert's Avatar
    My Mom suggested one Haloween that I dress up as Wonder Woman. I had these amazing strappy sandals and of course the sexy outfit. It is one of my fondest childhood memories, and probably the first experience into the wondeful world of CD . I guess I was never the same since

Uh, no, no fun being dowdy.

yrs an no but after i told my mom about she did a lot but that was wen i was 16-17 yrs old she help me a lot to be the girl i am to day got to lover her

I have to say that I'm glad my parents stopped my sisters from doing that to me. Looking over at my feet right now, I'm guessing they were too late for the psychological effects but I appreciate the effort. At that time it was just one of many torments of being the little brother. It was almost ten years later that I tried it on my own and loved it.
    For years I hoped I was just a CDer but now I realize I am transgender and that's alright.

Banned Read only

I stayed home from school one day and...

This question is so loaded, I love it.

One thing is for sure, you girls have some kind of restraint.

You're never gonna believe what happened to me ;-)

Both of my parents worked so I knew the only time i would have all to myself is during the day if I stayed home from school. So one day I woke up with a fever. All I did was wash my face in hot as I could stand it water, but it totally worked and dear old mom and dad left me home by myself for the day. My twin sister and I had just turned 14 last weekend and she got a few things that I was just dying to try on. We always got clothes for birthdays but mine were always lame and boring. My sweaters were blah, her sweaters were awesome. I had been secretly wearing my sisters clothes since I was 9. We were identical twins after all, (except for the dangling parts) and we were also the exact same size. I was a little small for a boy and I guess she was a little big for a girl. Almost as soon as the front door closed that morning I was running to my sisters room. I loved her room. I helped her decorate it, but my dad helped me decorate mine and there was stupid football stuff everywhere. Her room was so much more comfortable and it always smelled better. Mom would buy me Stick Ups or something for my room, but she got something different and it always smelled like girls in there. I laid on her bed and pretended I was just another girl hanging out. After a few minutes I remembered why I stayed home and I started looking for her new clothes. I don't think I ever found them actually, but I found a LOT of better stuff. I started trying on clothes like crazy and I absolutely fell in love with a short pleated skirt and a kind of silky blouse that fell just right if I left an extra button undone. I was so happy with the way this looked that I decided to try on makeup for the first time. I had watched my sister do this so many times that I was pretty sure I could do an okay job with it.

...to be continued

Yes My mother made me wear dresses as a punishment, being forced to wear dresses as a punishment is not right, I do not think parents should force a boy to wear dresses. It backfired on my mom when she found out I enjoyed wearing dresses.

ty

thank you all for your responses
    deena

I wasn't, but my brother was dressed as girl one year for Holloween. He tries very hard to repress that memory.
    Cary

My mom never dressed me in femme clothes, but did put nail polish, lipstick and mascara on me from time to time.

She was open and cooperative when I wanted to get my ears pierced and wear heels and pantyhose, but those were my ideas, not hers.

- Diane

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Sadly -- not at all in any way shape or form! In fact it safe to say that I was more liked forced to dress as a boy by mom via her various forms of abuse after she found my first stash of clothes. Damn it to effing hell did that hurt! I still cry when I think about it. Its not the fact of wearing boys clothes, but rather the being forced and humiliated to do so.

Be that as it may -- one of the sweetest memories I do have from the time was a boy scout halloween party -- October 1970. I guess I went as something dumb like a cowboy. Yuck-phoo-ee. BUT -- there one of my fellow boy scouts was there dressed as a girls scout, and he made a point to show us that he was wearing a training bra. He as a proud as any girl! It was so cool. I don't remember what style/ brand it was, but I do remember that it was a proper training bra, unpadded and and unstuffed with tissue etc. Fit him perfectly if I recall. I wonder to this day if his mum bought it especially for him.

I wonder if he became/ was a CDer, too.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Before my sister was born yes. My mom would put my in tight pink shirts and put girly clips in my hair. All stoped after she was born.

Talking

At about 9-12 my mother asked then damanded i try a bridesmaid dress on as i was about same size as a fem cousin i must of liked it as at about 15 i remember trying my sisters old close on when no one was home.
    donna uk

Nope, but I distinctly remember one Halloween when my mom begged me to let her dress me up as a girl, I refused and regret it to this day...

That is how I got started. My Mom wanted a little girl very badly. So I was dressed like a girl until I was five. When my brother was born blind, she and Dad were thinking that it was partly caused by giving into her wish for a girl with me. My first real tantrum was caused by having to cut my hair. I had had trims before but it was very long and full. My Dad nearly had to tied me up to get me into the car. From that point, I wanted to be back to being a girl. I prayed for it! I was strongly encouraged to do manly things and do boys sports which I hated. I tried on my Moms stuff when ever Mom and Dad were gone. Once or twice my Mom relented and let me dress up. I was so happy to be "her girl" again.

I think that was the formation of the second me ( the real one). I have gone through bouts of depression until recently my wife was clued in. Now I can be much more open and dress at home almost any time I feel like it (a lot of the time). After much help from the girls on here, I found me and settled on a life that I can live. So thanks to all here for your helpful words.

Hugs Edy