Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What if you lost the urge?

No more urge

What would you do if all of a sudden you woke up one day and the urge to crossdress was gone? No matter what you tried to do to get re-interested nothing worked and getting dressed and made up was no more interesting to you than putting on a pair of socks. Would you do it anyway or would you find a new interest and new direction for your life? I know some will say that can never happen and the urge never goes away but don't be so sure. Do you have contingency plans if it does?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

There has never been a day where I have not wanted to wear something feminine.

Wearing clothes and makeup is part of an everyday routine.
    It is neither interesting nor uninteresting.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Banned Read only
    Contingency plans?

Why force yourself to do something you have no desire to do?

Lord knows there's plenty of other stuff to do in life if the urge to dress isn't there...

It's a joyful activity for me, not a desperate obsession!

Gold Member
    I'm with Deja True. I don't see the "urge" going away as it is something I enjoy and not an "I gotta" type of thing. But if I didn't want to do it, lord knows there are plenty of other things to do. There certainly is no need to force the issue. Just move on to something else I enjoy.

If it was extended, I would just box it all up just in case (no purging). If there is one thing I learned from others here. . .

I sometimes think about winning the powerball although it's very unlikely. However, I don't think it's possible for me to think of losing the urge to dress. Perhaps because I get to dress only infrequently that it still has a 'taboo' appeal. If I were able to dress 24/7 it might lose some of the appeal especially since I only want to dress part-time. I guess if it ever happens I'll have to cross that bridge.

Wait 1 day

Ups and downs, I'd say.
    Just that time of the month ????

Isn't there a saying about setting something free and if it is meant to be it will come back to you ?

Ba a good time not to shave, anything.
    Wear guy clothes pulled out of the dirty laundry pile.

Watch TV in just your guy boxer shorts.

Enjoy

I can't see it just now and think I'm too far down the road. But a good point Arianna. I guess (know) that at some stage it willo come back with a vengance.
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

This is not something I "do"...
    It's who I am and that is not going to change.

In conversation one night a sister responded to someone talking about dressing in skirts by saying "isn't that why we do this?"...and I immediately responded NO without any thought.
    It's not about the clothes for me, it's about being who I am...maybe I'm more transsexual than cd but that's just who I am.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Too much time, effort, and most of all money spent on this to ever stop. Even if the desire permanently goes away permanently which has not happened so far during my lifetime.

For the past several months getting dressed has almost felt like a regular asignment such as washing the car. However I always know the desire will return and dressing has become almost a "routine" or just a normal part of my life.

If the urge goes away, I guess I get to be a guy for the time being. I'll get more done around the house for a change, and I won't have to put up with the nagging longing to throw on a dress for a few hours. For my situation, I don't see any problem with it.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

If the urge went away, so be it. More money and time to do other things. I doubt if it will ever go away.

I must say i'd be deeply upset if it ever did go away because I enjoy dressing so much.

Over the past few years it's gone from something I was a bit ashamed of to something I want to tell everyone about because i'm so proud of this part of me and I hope it never goes away, I really do.

It's not an "urge", but if I lost it I'm sure a good private detective could find it again for me....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Well I guess if I totally lost the urge I would have to spend alot of time cleaning and figuring a way to sell off all of the stuff. So I guess that would keep me pretty busy for a while. After that I don't know what I would do. I guess spend more time camping
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I Have been dressing for almost 50 years So I don't think that will happen. If the urge went away I probably wouldn't miss it. And I do think my wife would be happier.Ad what would I do with all this underwear.
    Angie

For most of us it is a part of our being. Difficult to lose or suppress. Things happen in life that have more priority which can dampen the desire, but we will never lose it.
    " Don't get in the way of my mood swing !"

losing the urge

I love your analogy about Cding possibly morphing into nothing more exciting than "...putting on a pair of socks." I think about that all the time! In seeing the beautiful woman, mostly from my youth with the nylons, the stiletto heels and the frilly dresses I often wonder what they think about when they "hit-the-silk."

Women can wear anything they want and these days they usually dress as casual as it gets and most women don't even own a pair of pantyhose! But in the old days I wonder if they experienced a mental or physical difference between putting on a pair of sweat socks and a pair of sheer nylon hosiery.
    I grew up listening to women talking about dresses and such and only once heard the mention of how nice a pair of nylons were because "they were so sheer." But at weddings and such I could tell that many women seemed to enjoy their outfits by the way they fussed with them.

The other side of the coin of losing the urge to CD would be very liberating personally. I'd be able to get rid of all the baggage (pun intended), I'd have the time to do other things, wouldn't have to be so secretive etc... about living a double life. I'm hoping that the urges concerned with this hobby follow the lines of sexuality declining in ones later years, but as of now I don't see a correlation.

Gold Member
    I don't know if my urges will ever go away (I certainly hope not), but, I'm not going to concern myself with that now. I'm enjoying the moment and that IS all that matters to me.

I think I would be happy if the urge would go away. Life would be much less complicated without it.

I don't think my urge to dress will ever go away. At this time in my life I wouldn't want it to. Dressing is NOT a hobby or a fad, it's part of me. However in the unlikely event that this urge went away, the sun would still raise and I'd go on with my life. I would box everything up(not purge) and keep going.
    Cary

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Susan View Post
    I think I would be happy if the urge would go away. Life would be much less complicated without it.
    I think I would be happy if society would quit giving us a hard time for simply being ourselves. Life would be much less complicated without it.
    Last edited by Gabrielle Hermosa; 06-14-2009 at 10:31 AM. Reason: noticed a type-o - doh!
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Wink

If that happens, then I would find something else to do. Go back to one of my former hobbies, or start a new one.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    I'll tell you what I think would happen if the urge to crossdress suddenly disappeared and wrote about it here. There would be a certain cadre of individuals who would diagnose me as suffering from internalised transphobia!

Of course, it is natural for things to drift in and out of lives. It does happen and it means nothing.

But to the point of it morphing to something as exciting as putting on a pair of socks, in a sense it has. Oh the thril I get each morning when I run my hands over the collection in the drawer. The brilliant white of tube socks, the strict feeling of domination eluded by the over the calf socsk, the colourful playfulness of the argyles. Ooh -- I get shivers just thinking about it. (I am of course being silly here!)

Seriously, though, I think the desire to push the envelope does diminish over the years, and at some point our CDing becomes getting dressed for the day.

But -- if the desire to wear anything of the opposite gender suddenly was gone, well, it would be sad. I'd feel a great loss. I have to liken it to become incapacitated, possibly wheelchair bound or unable to get out of bed, maybe paralysed. I guess I'd still have very warm memories.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    Last edited by Toni_Lynn; 06-14-2009 at 11:50 AM.
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar
    If I woke up without "the urge" to crossdress...

For myself I imagine that this may occur many years down the road as for me dressing is a hobby. I do not wish to transition nor go public (although going out dressed would be great if society were tolerant (no more tolerant but tolerant, period.)

I would wait a few weeks to see if the decline in desire was permanent then perhaps box my wardrobe up and store it for another few months or perhaps forever. Could never throw it away, of course.

Having said this...should dressing ever prove to offer the sensation of nothing greater than putting on socks as you suggest then I probably may not consider changing the routine much. At this time in life I would welcome dressing to be as arguably mundane and normal as then it would occupy less thought time on a daily basis. Like some suggested perhaps I would achieve more with other hobbies and life outside the home if I did not wish to relax in my fineries any longer. Maybe at that point I might not think of it as much as a hobby but more of Hey, I am used to wearing such things and today is like any other day. What colour panties do I feel like wearing today?

Arianna, are you truly feeling these thoughts right now? Could you elaborate on those feelings? Would love to read about what you are thinking
    Last edited by Veronica Lacey; 07-05-2009 at 11:16 PM.

The question does not apply to me, but the way I see it is if the urge to dress goes away, then don't dress. If the urge returns, then go ahead and dress again. Why force it?

It's like me and cooking. I love to cook and I love to try new recipes practically every day. But then there are those days when I just don't feel like cooking and I call out for pizza or Chinese.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe