Thread: a weekend of many firsts for me

a weekend of many firsts for me

This was a big weekend for me because I managed to get past many of the fears and apprehensions I’ve had about doing certain things. I went to several stores and bought some make-up and lingerie. I really enjoyed browsing the make-up isles and not worrying about what other people were thinking. I then went to the Goodwill store and spent quite a while looking through all the women’s clothes, and even tried on several things to make sure they fit! This was another thing I have never done in the past. I then went to my appointment at a wig shop and bought a wig! The woman who worked there was really nice and it helped a lot to get her opinions about what looked best on me. I then went to the mall and bought foundation at the MAC counter. I know that for many of you these things are not a big deal, but for me these are huge steps. I then got home and decided to epilate me legs, which is another thing I never would have done before, since it’s summer. I’m still feeling a bit nervous about going out with bare legs, but I’ll have to deal with it and know I’ll be okay. It was so nice to get all dressed up today, for the first time in nine years (pictures are posted in the picture gallery). I still have a long way to go in getting my foundation right, and I need to work on getting the wig styled better, but I was pleased with how I looked. All in all it was a good weekend and I’m feeling very pleased with myself for what I accomplished. Just had to share this with everyone!
    Rebecca

Gold Member
    Congrats Rebecca. Sounded like you had a fun time with your shopping experience. Keep it going girl.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Rebecca,

Wow! You don't mess around! You crammed quite a lot into one day, didn't you?

Kathi

That A Girl!

Congratulations! You should be proud of yourself. I hope to be that brave one day, though I am shaved legs and shorts 24/7 for now.
    Cara

Hi Rebecca sounds like you had a great weekend,oh and what you did over the weekend many of us still have to go through that experience as we have not been brave enough yet.dont worry about the shaved legs.

Wow! Sounds like you had a really great time! You go, girl!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Jackson View Post
    I know that for many of you these things are not a big deal, but for me these are huge steps.
    Rebecca
    There's no race here, Rebecca, no points to be scored, only individual achievement at what should be your own pace.

You really took some giant steps!

You look great! Your orange outfit is killer on you! Fantastic!

And your shaved legs really do look terrific. I think you already know that if you're going to be out and about you're either going to have to stay with long sleeves or shave your forearms.

Other than that, you appear to look pretty good for prime time!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Obviously, doing these things made you happier, or you wouldn't be sharing with us. I am very happy for you.

But beware, (or maybe not) these new experiences can be very addictive. One small step leads to another, etc., etc. Pretty soon you will find "CD Bliss." You will be out clubbing, meeting new people, experiencing life as your femme self. All of that can be overwhelming, better run back into The Closet right now!

Oops, wait.....it's too late! Your already out, you'll just have to accept happiness.

Peace and Love, Joanie
    (Actually,....what are you going to try next?)

Rebecca,
    Wow you are an insperation. I am still to shy to venture out. It sounds like you did a lot of fun things. I soon will have more confidence to do the great things you did. To Me those things are a big deal. I am so happy for you. Keep it up. You look great. I want to see the new wig.
    Evelyn

WTG girl glad you fun.

Congratulations.

Now, after looking at your pic thread, may I ask why the subdued colors, i.e., the turtle neck? I'd say don't be afraid of brighter, livelier colors, but the red dress showed no fear, and looked great. It does show that brighter colors work well for you, so I suggest staying with that theme.
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Rebecca,

Wow! You don't mess around! You crammed quite a lot into one day, didn't you?

Kathi
    I had to get my son to the St. Louis airport by 6:30, so I got an early start!

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Wow! Sounds like you had a really great time! You go, girl!

There's no race here, Rebecca, no points to be scored, only individual achievement at what should be your own pace.

You really took some giant steps!

You look great! Your orange outfit is killer on you! Fantastic!

And your shaved legs really do look terrific. I think you already know that if you're going to be out and about you're either going to have to stay with long sleeves or shave your forearms.

Other than that, you appear to look pretty good for prime time!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    It felt so wonderful to finally let go of my fears and be able to enjoy the experience. I'm making progress, and feel really good about that.

Yep, I know I need to shave my arms, and that's the next thing I'm working on. I already trimmed the hair a little shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by sterling12 View Post
    Obviously, doing these things made you happier, or you wouldn't be sharing with us. I am very happy for you.

But beware, (or maybe not) these new experiences can be very addictive. One small step leads to another, etc., etc. Pretty soon you will find "CD Bliss." You will be out clubbing, meeting new people, experiencing life as your femme self. All of that can be overwhelming, better run back into The Closet right now!

Oops, wait.....it's too late! Your already out, you'll just have to accept happiness.

Peace and Love, Joanie
    (Actually,....what are you going to try next?)
    I have no plans on going back into the closet, except to get out more clothes!

It's been tough not being able to express this part of myself for so long, and it feels wonderful to feel this happiness and contentment again.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn74 View Post
    Rebecca,
    Wow you are an insperation. I am still to shy to venture out. It sounds like you did a lot of fun things. I soon will have more confidence to do the great things you did. To Me those things are a big deal. I am so happy for you. Keep it up. You look great. I want to see the new wig.
    Evelyn
    Thank you; I'm flattered anyone would think of me as an inspiration. I've very shy too and it's taken me a long time to reach the point where I could do these things, so have faith that you'll eventually get there too.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaT View Post
    Congratulations.

Now, after looking at your pic thread, may I ask why the subdued colors, i.e., the turtle neck? I'd say don't be afraid of brighter, livelier colors, but the red dress showed no fear, and looked great. It does show that brighter colors work well for you, so I suggest staying with that theme.
    My wardrobe is pretty limited these days, so that's the reason for the subdued colors. But I'm trying my best to buy more clothes!

Silver Member

Congrats!

Way to go! I'm proud of you and any one who can get themselves out there. Don't give a second thought to whether the steps you take are large or small. The most important part is that you're moving in the right direction: OUT of the closet! Keep going and have fun doing it!

Wow! Rebecca! I second everyone's congratulations to you! You have inspired me. Thank you.

Hugs
    Honey

Silver Member
    Wonderful for you! Hey next time don't just buy the MAC foundation, ask them to make you over! WOW, hairless legs, I'm jealous, keep it going and enjoy!!! Once i started to do my own makeup i found practicing to be addictive. it is such a girly thing that i hadn't imagined. Women can do so much to thier looks if they exploit the virtues of makeup. Have Fun, it washes off!

Well done my dear

Hi Rebecca

Delighted to read and understand your elation. Life is not too bad if you work on it and you are now getting confidence. Keep that smile on your face, it is what creates a winner. You had a day to cherrish and may you have many many more. I know how you feel and share your joy. With Love from Bron. If I lived nearer I`d come with you
    Attached Images Attached Images