Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food for thought

Food for thought

I am going to mess with your head in this post.

The last company picnic I went to, I wore a skirt and high heels.

The next day at work, one of my coworkers said to me “You’re not in costume” I quickly corrected them, saying “Yes I am, what you saw me wearing yesterday was the real me, what I am wearing now IS my costume” I could see it in their face, it was like a light bulb came on.

There is a movie quote from Kill Bill that got me thinking about this, here is the quote;

Batman is actually Bruce Wayne, Spider-Man is actually Peter Parker. When that character wakes up in the morning, he's Peter Parker. He has to put on a costume to become Spider-Man. And it is in that characteristic Superman stands alone. Superman didn't become Superman. Superman was born Superman. When Superman wakes up in the morning, he's Superman. His alter ego is Clark Kent. His outfit with the big red "S", that's the blanket he was wrapped in as a baby when the Kent’s found him. Those are his clothes. What Kent wears - the glasses, the business suit - that's the costume. That's the costume Superman wears to blend in with us.

So which are you? Are you Bruce Wayne dressing up as a bat? (no offence Batty) Or, are you Superman dressing up as the regular guy?
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Bit of a easy one for me... Always been a Lisa.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

Mostly Harmless...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly View Post
    Bit of a easy one for me... Always been a Lisa.
    Can only agree to this one. I've always been Kitty too, nyaa. Before it was just a lie to myself, now I know the truth.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

Jenni is the real one here, the "him" alter ego is the role others wanted me to be. He was an act, needed at the time, but not so much anymore.
    Super Mod

Oh God, Thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

The Breton Fisherman's Prayer was engraved on a brass plaque and presented to President John F. Kennedy by US Navy Admiral Hyman Rickover.

Daintre, gone but not forgotten, R.I.P. Angel xx

Tamara

Actually I'm an Egon dressing up as a human avatar.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar
    Actually I think you have it a bit backwards. Bruce Wayne is the disguise. Baman is who he has really become. I also think that at times Superman wishes he could be Clark Kent all the time and live a normal life.
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

I realy don't know how to answer, unless it be both ways. Somedays I feel more feminine than others, some days more like a man. So I would have to say that it would depend on the day and how I feel for that day, either way I am who I am regardless of my clothes.
    I do understand the question and it is a good one, however I don't know the answer because I feel like me.

Unfortunately, Marla is still the disguise, even though sometimes she's so active inside of me, she's just screaming to get out. There is such a feeling of regret sometimes when I'm putting her away.

Really, it's a bit of both.....my male guise is a bit of a disguise, too.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

getting closer everyday.. Kiera's Avatar
    Wonder Woman/ Princess Diana/ Diana Prince! except perhaps...with a less accomplished costume and makeup department...
    Kiera Renea

Oh great! I haven't slept more than two hours in a row for the last three days and you wanna mess with my mind??!!

Honestly, I haven't figured the answer to that question out my self just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Intertwined View Post

So which are you? Are you Bruce Wayne dressing up as a bat? (no offence Batty) Or, are you Superman dressing up as the regular guy?

As a child i was forced to dress as the regular guy and hide my powers.

I am now and always have been just plain old me.

I guess I'd say that I used to wear a costume to 'fit the mold' of a man.
    Now Sandy's out, and much happier. The real me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I would like to suggest another option. I did not know about Aubrey until puberty and she has been trying to kick in the door ever since. Much the way Michael J. Fox's character in "Teen Wolf" didn't show himself until he hit puberty. Then it became a driving force in his life.

OK, now that makes me think of another one, David Banner "Mr. McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" aka the Hulk.

Both are the real him, its just, David usualy does not want to become the Hulk, most people are afraid of the Hulk because of how he looks, and the Hulk has self control issuses.

OK starting to sound like I am talking about myself.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Intertwined View Post
    Ha ha ... very clever ... awesome analogy! Well, I can't honestly say I'm Bruce as my feminine side is a deep part of the real me, but I'm not fully Clark either as I don't believe that I'm completely female. I think I'm closer to Clark than Bruce, but then again I identify with Lois the most!
    Last edited by Rachel Morley; 06-22-2009 at 10:34 PM.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

[SIZE="2"]Is Marcia the costumed role or my male self. Really depends on the day. I do think Marcia is more often than not the costumed role. I do enjoy having a male and female side. [/SIZE]
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

this is a really interesting thread. A lot of the time i feel like day to day me is a fabrication, something i've had to construct to get by. Flic feels like the real me for the most part, so i guess i would have to say that i live most of my life in construct at the moment. Having said that we all need different aspects to our personalities to make us multi dimensional. I guess if people's personalities can be said to be varying percentages of male and female, and kind and unkind, and loving and cruel and so on, then this is what we need to become human, and multi faceted ones at that. Maybe i need all these parts of me to collaborate to create a whole, instead of the dichotomy that seems to plague me for the most part. Maybe if these parts keep colliding then it will eventually reach a resolution. Maybe i need this conflict, and it is who i am, and the conflict is a part of my personality.
    All i know, is that without all the parts that make me, i would be in danger of becoming nothing more than an illustration of me, a drawing in a comic book strip.
    flicxxx

I most definitely wake up as Robyn and put on my male disguise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am most comfortable when I am Raychel, So I guess that is the true me.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    Unfortunately, Marla is still the disguise, even though sometimes she's so active inside of me, she's just screaming to get out. There is such a feeling of regret sometimes when I'm putting her away.

Really, it's a bit of both.....my male guise is a bit of a disguise, too.
    Well said Marla, exactly how I feel about Tash!

Only I know for certain! Charlotte Sometimes's Avatar

Wink

Charlotte is my costume side just like Batman she is what I can be and sometimes what I need to be, but I do still enjoy and accept my male side. I am delighted to have a masculine and feminine side and there's no need for them to fight I love them both.

Lately, it's the male side that is the disguise. I feel less like myself when I have to be that. I enjoy being able to be my more macho side but, it doesnt feel like the real me anymore.
    Well behaved Women rarely make history

The real me comes out when I am Vivian

I would say "Brina" is the disguise for me. Sometimes literally, since I notice a tendency to want to dress more when I'm unhappy with life. Though things are much better this year than last, I still enjoy the disguise and get these crazy urges to go out...we will see, I think a movie as Brina might be in the near future.

Just an average girl Carole Cross's Avatar
    I have always been Carole and have lived most of my life so far in costume, acting like a guy.
    living the dream