Thread: Sunburn

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

Sunburn

Quite a few years ago, before I was out to my wife, I spent some time outside in a vee-neck top. The next day I got in the shower and discovered a very revealing sunburn that pretty much showed the top also had short girly sleeves. It was quite a while before I could swim or not have a top off with the lights on.

Since that day I've come out to her, but I've also become a fan of sunscreen. Especially for my feet when I go out wearing strappy sandals or anything lacy on top.

Have you ever had something unexpected give you away?
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I haven't had anything like that happen. I have had the thoughts of getting a really femme tan-line though. I don't think my wife would approve of that one...hehehe.
    "Oh f*ckkk!! Chick's a dude!" - from textsfromlastnight

me: I wonder what it'd be like to play golf en femme.

wifey: It's hotter and sweatier.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    I was reaching for something on a high shelf at work and my tee shirt rode up showing some bright red whaletail. When I turned around this gal was walking by and gave me a look and had this kind of half grin on her face but didn't say anything. I'm about 100% sure she saw.

Hugs...Joni M ari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

About three weeks ago, I had a day off. It was a beautiful day, so I decided to put on a sundress that I really like and go to a park where I could read at one of the picnic tables. Well, I didn't even think about tan lines, but I got some and they were a lovely reminder of the straps and neckline of my sundress.
    I've been trying to get enough sun to blend them in, but it takes a lot (I was surprised).
    warmly, Linnea

oohhh...several times...the longest was the infamous trip my wife took in May of 2003. My wife was going to a horse sale in Kentucky with one of her friends (friend was selling one of her horses). We were planning a morning of fun before she left so when I finished my shower I put on nothing more than a silver lame' bra/panty/garter set with silver hose and 4" silver sandals. Oh...and a hobble cuff set, a second set of hobbles I use as handcuffs that let me sit at my computer and work but if I stand up, it pulls the cuffs tight to the crotch via a drop chain between the two. Did I mention the sandals were locked on?...

The phone rings and my wife answers it. Tracy "shows up" about an hour later, wife runs into the office says they need to leave early - sorry about no "fun" but will make it up to me when she gets back and darts out the door. Disappointed, I keep working. Couple of hours later its past lunch time and I'm hungry so I head to the bedroom to loose all the heavy stuff.

She took the keys....

Not on purpose, but we keep everything in a suitcase under the bed. She needed a case so she took out the rest of the "stuff" and left it lying there on the bed and just used the case not realizing the keys were inside the pocket still. That was Tuesday morning. It was Wednesday morning before she called (after I left her several text msgs) and told her of the situation. When she quit laughing she said she'd check when they stopped that night. VERY long story short, She FedEx'd the keys to me and I got them Friday morning delivery. I had to take care of feeding the animals etc for 2+ days wearing the above.

The tan lines were still visible 6 months later.

Worst however was actually a burn. I was out mowing on a Saturday 2 years ago. I was out in a pair of Daisy Dukes and a racer-back bikini top. It wasn't that sunny so I really didn't think about tanning (or burning). When I quit with all the yard/barn work about 6 hours later, I went in to shower. Hmm I thought, looks like I got a bit of sun. Well, by that night, I was beet red all over with the exception of my "tan lines". Over the next several days I blistered (even with after-sun lotions) but my "tan" remained prominent for months and was still visible if you knew what you were looking for a year later.

I'm far more careful now....

(blushing) Jenn

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    I'm not closeted therefore I don't worry about my long arcylic nails, shaved legs, long blonde hair, professionally waxed eyebrows, or blatant bikini tan.
    But if we're speaking strictly sunburns, I wore a tank-style dress to the wedding of one of my sorority sisters in college a few years ago and got a nice burn from being outside all day:
    Last edited by gender_blender; 06-17-2009 at 11:43 AM.

This summer will be my first available time to be out and about essentially out of the closet myself, as most of my closer connections now know.. so I /would/ like to go to the beach in a nice tank top, shorts, etc and get myself a little tanned, though I've no chest (yet) to fill out a nice top.. There are plenty of people who don't know I'm TG so if I do acquire a tanline, I'm sure it'll be a nice conversation piece.. he he

done it

A few years ago I put on a 2 pc bathing suit & wet to a lake that was kind off private and went swimming (boy did that feel good) afterwards I put my towel down and decided to lay out for awhile, not knowing how hot it really was I got bikini lines within 2 hours(think I feel asleep for awhile) I didn`t think it showed that much until I got home and showered and stepped out It was very noticeable, you could tell with the outline of my bikini top & bottom.
    I`t was sexy in a way but I couldn`t even take my shirt off in front of anybody for awhile, it took a long time to wear off but I believe I`d do it again, It`s just nice to lay out in the sun wearing my 2 pc, I will use a little tanning lotion with some sun block next time though.
    Jenn

Sheila bought me my first one piece swimsuit two weeks ago, i moved in with her yesterday, so watch this space

Ah memories. One summer day I went to the beach for a swim and decided to wear my womens one piece swim suit. A nice swim and half an hour in the sun to dry off. The next day what a revealing tan with a distinct white to brown transition around the chest with straps plus a curve way down the back. Had to wear a T shirt for weeks. Happy days.

I haven't ever gotten tan lines from fem clothing, and not for lack of trying, either! I do, however, wear Dickies work shirts at work quite frequently which leaves me with a v neck tan line. So, regardless of what tan line you get, there is usually a plausible explanation for how you got it.
    The views expressed in this post are not necessarily the views expressed in this post.

Twitter @beth785cd

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Great stories all. It is surprising how long sunburn and tan lines last. I wear a pair of Chaco sandals as often as I can during the summer when I have to wear guy stuff. I'm searching for women's sandals that would kind of match those I usually wear.

In the meantime, I've found a spray-on sun screen that works great to prevent the tell-tale sings of my other wardrobe.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I'm always ending up with tan lines from sitting out the garden, my I have to remeber to cover up when the kids are here.

tanline..??

Does this count?? Sometimes it's NOT a good look!!! Oh well...just a good excuse to throw on a cute sweater..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kris

No tan line stories for me, but one of the most stupid things I ever did was over-bleach my eyebrows. Using bleach made for facial hair, I figured I could just make my brows a touch lighter.

I left the bleach on longer than the instructions called for because it looked like it wasn't doing anything, but when I removed it and let them dry, my eyebrows were really, really light, and looked beyond weird. I had to darken them every morning before work with waterproof mascara, carefully applied and brushed out to avoid clumps, what a pain, and it took quite a while for new dark hairs to grow in fully. No one ever said anything, but I did get the occasional odd look at work, which wasn't that unusual in those days anyway, as I had also both ears pierced, kept my arms and hands hairless, had longish, shaped nails and shaped brows, not to mention being on a light hormone regimen, so my shape was a bit different than the other guys, and I had really nice skin then too.

Those were the good old days. :-)

Carol
    Last edited by Julogden; 06-22-2009 at 10:05 PM.
    My name is Carol.