Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever gone out as a "Guy in a dress?"

Have you ever gone out as a "Guy in a dress?"

Have you ever gone out as a "Guy in a dress?" - That is, dressed up all femme wear except you got no wig and makeup but just your regular guy's face? How was the experience and how did people treat you?

I did just exactly this at a Motel 6! I was having a full blown mental / paranoid episode and thought God would make me a "shape changer" and I'd change into a woman. So I dressed up in a skirt suit but no wig or makeup and then went out to the lobby to get ice and talk the the counter lady. Well, several people saw me but it was like no big deal to them! And no one laughed. Even the counter lady didn't treat me funny! And this wasn't Halloween!

Ever happen to you?

Mostly Harmless...
    With the way you describe, I'm always going out like that. I don't know how to do makeup yet. My hair's natural and the last time I touched a wig was when I was 6 or 7 and that was also a costume wig(or shiny in different colors etc.). As for any the treatment, is exactly the same.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Kate, I have been going out like that ever since my wife died in 2005! She always fixed my wig and did my makeup so I did look "girly!" I'm not good at that so just go out without bothering. Went to the doctor today dressed, and the only one who said anything was his nurse who liked my pink fingernails! Doctor did kind of raise an eyebrow when he walked into the room, but did not say anything. As has been said often, they have seen it all!

The waitresses and waiters in one restaurant I go to often for breakfast or lunch have seen me dressed and in drab. When I go by myself I usually am Stephanie, If one of my kids is with me I in drab male!!

Oh, BTW, I don't go out in dresses, just skirts and tight tops with my bra underneath to show off my 40 B's!!

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Quote Originally Posted by KateSpade83 View Post
    Have you ever gone out as a "Guy in a dress?"
    Thats the only way I go out.

Read ths thread about my mosr recent outing.

MY Day !
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Kate,

U should change the heading of your thread to,
    " REALLY brave CDs".

Because judging from the posts above, I think u ALL R!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sorry docrobbysherry, I personnaly believe it takes more bravery to try and PASS than it takes to do what I do.

Here is why I believe this; When you get read when trying to pass, people feel like they have been lied to, and get angry. When I am out and about in what I call my 50/50, it's obvious I am a guy in a skirt and heels, sure, most people find this strange, but they don't feel they have been lied to.
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mostly Harmless...
    Quote Originally Posted by Intertwined View Post
    Sorry docrobbysherry, I personnaly believe it takes more bravery to try and PASS than it takes to do what I do.

Here is why I believe this; When you get read when trying to pass, people feel like they have been lied to, and get angry. When I am out and about in what I call my 50/50, it's obvious I am a guy in a skirt and heels, sure, most people find this strange, but they don't feel they have been lied to.
    It also causes a lot less problems. However, I still think it takes more courage to walk around in feminine clothes while looking totally male than trying to pass(assuming one passes). Trying to pass without actually passing, is what takes the most courage of all, I'd say. When one passes, it doesn't really take courage at all as you can just walk around wherever you want without anyone caring or even suspecting you're not the sex you look like.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

I have worn a skirt several times as a guy.

No one has laughed or mentioned anything at all.

The reaction is the same as if I wear jeans i.e. non-existant.

I have never believed that guys wearing skirts (or dresses) is wrong. Maybe it is with this attitude, that I can cope with going out in public in such a way.

Besides, I know I will never pass so I guess why bother to even try.
    Yet, I still want to wear nice clothes.

Oh, just to remind you, look at my signature below - appropriate right?
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Honestly, I don't have anywhere near the courage it would take to do that. No way. I respect you for it.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

The few times I gone out dressed, I went dressed as a guy wearing women's clothes. I was wearing women's jeans with a nice top and heels. I've never owned a wig and I don't know how to put on makeup. Kate as I said before, You are fearless and strong! I wish a had just a little of what you have. I'd most likely be dressed everyday.
    Cary

Nope. Not my personal style. I have no problem with anyone who wants to do it, however. My friends are my friends regardless.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Shikyo View Post
    When one passes, it doesn't really take courage at all as you can just walk around wherever you want without anyone caring or even suspecting you're not the sex you look like.
    Good point.

I have done. Last time was in April to the beach in Ocean City, MD.
    DonnaT

Wearing Heels in Drab

I have worn my high heels with nylons into shoe stores to try on shoes any have had no reaction from the female SA's. They are quite helpful in pointing out what styles look good and what goes well with what I am wearing. I have worn my sandals that have a 3 inch heel and asked for a footee to allow me to try on other shoes in the store and the SA did not blink an eye. I was in just before Fathers Day and she said that they were having a sale for Fathers Day - buy one get the second pair for half price. I bought 2 nice pairs of dress pumps for less than $24.00!

:) Post-Op Hippie Chick CharleneT's Avatar
    Sure, i have. It isn't as much different as you might think. In fact, it is very common for TS to do so. My experiences have been fine, truly nothing happened - positive or negative.

I'm sorry I have to quote you again... this is the way I wish I could be.. I have been tempted to dress up with my favorite leg wear and shoes and maybe my new pink shorts and then put on my T shirt and head to the store... (bra too.. can't forget that although why??).. I think when I was out dressed I wasn't anything more than a "man in a dress" because I wasn't wearing makeup.. I was wearing my wig but more than anything else I feel that I was trying to look more like a guy (me, sort of) with long hair opposite mine (thinning badly).. so I try not to look like me but rather to look like me with long hair.. that made absolutely no sense..
    This is what I mean by "every guy can look like a girl from the right angles".. this is one of the first pictures of me dressed up.. very vague look.. almost fem...

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    I wear fairly obvious girl's clothes in boy mode but not a skirt or a dress .... not yet anyway. While I do think that what Intertwined does is pretty brave, I agree with Shikyo, trying to pass without actually passing, (especially if you know you don't pass) is what takes the most courage of all.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by Carly D. View Post
    (bra too.. can't forget that although why??)..
    You know what strikes me as odd about that, I don't normaly wear a bra, and I have good reason to wear one, my breast are about a C cup (hope to be fitted soon) on the rare occation I do wear one, its usually for working out, to keep the twins from bouncing.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar

Intertwined,

I couldn't agree more. When my wife was alive and did my makeup and wig, I did go out and try (usually successfully!) to pass. I thought then that I was really being brave. When I go out now as a guy in a skirt, heels, etc. I am just being me! People see me for who I am, a crossdresser! I don't consider that being brave at all!

Shikyo,

IMHO, it takes a real brave man to dress up, put on makeup and a wig and go out in public pretending to be a female. Without my wife to help I can't do that. So I take the easy route like Intertwined and become a guy in a skirt!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Mostly Harmless...
    Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    Shikyo,

IMHO, it takes a real brave man to dress up, put on makeup and a wig and go out in public pretending to be a female. Without my wife to help I can't do that. So I take the easy route like Intertwined and become a guy in a skirt!
    I really can't fathom why you address this towards me, so would mind explaining why you address it to me?
    Last edited by Shikyo; 06-24-2009 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Corrected sentence...
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

Quote Originally Posted by SandieAE View Post
    I have worn my high heels with nylons into shoe stores to try on shoes any have had no reaction from the female SA's. I was in just before Fathers Day and she said that they were having a sale for Fathers Day - buy one get the second pair for half price. I bought 2 nice pairs of dress pumps for less than $24.00!
    I just couldn't resist a giggle at the idea of buying high heels for Father's Day.

- Diane

Gold Member
    I was having a full blown mental / paranoid episode and thought God would make me a "shape changer" and I'd change into a woman.
    Ever happen to you?
    OH yeah it happens to me each day.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Thats the only way I go out.

Read ths thread about my mosr recent outing.

MY Day !
    l wear pink nail polish every day ....

Guy in Skirts and Heels notquitegirl's Avatar
    Have you ever gone out as a "Guy in a dress?" - That is, dressed up all femme wear except you got no wig and makeup but just your regular guy's face? How was the experience and how did people treat you?
    Ever happen to you?
    This is the only way I go out, and I have not had anything resembling a bad incident in over fifteen years.

Kate last weekend I went out in totally femme clothes apart from my shoes which were fairly unisex anyway - underdressed with pantyhose, jeans, cami under nice plain top - I went out with family and no-one even commented about my clothes.
    Admittedly I had chosen carefully so not to raise eyebrows.
    I had a small amount of natural coloured lipstick on and a low key soft smelling scent. Not even my wife mentioned it.

But a dress or skirt is quite different I agree! I would love to do this as well but have not got the courage to do so.

Every now and then I think ..."stuff it, just put the damn dress on and go about your business". One day I'll do it ... and you girls will be the first to know!!!

Hugs Jazzmine
    I'm happy being male but happier in a skirt!
    I'm a strong man on the outside and a strong woman on the inside.