Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever gone out as a "Guy in a dress?"

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Wear what want you want to wear. I wear jeans almost all the time when presenting as female.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Wink Always! for example...

Couple of weeks ago while visiting The Hague I walked down the Denneweg on a sunny late afternoon in my new little black dress, black pantyhose, stunnining black hematite & crystal necklace, moustache & no make up. Wandered into a local bar, met a member of the first gay couple married in the Netherlands, & was propositioned by a very sweet handsome elderly gay gentleman. No, I'm happily married, but thanks! Later I heard the bar described not as gay, but as a place where older people hang out, and I guess that in facit it was an over-50 crowd. I LOVE NL!

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I am going to my Cardiologist today dressed enfemme! Not in a skirt, but wearing a pair of capri pants and a rather tight tank top that shows off my 40 B's and some cleavage. Of course, satin panties underneath!!

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Thousands of times around the house, but never out into the world. When I go out I have to present myself as best I can, even though I know I am not fooling anyone who throws a second glance my way.

IMHO, those that do the guy in a dress thing are much braver than me. I hide behind the anonymity of make up and a wig.

Tash

I went out in a cute top, skirt, and heels. No makeup or wig. For some reason I stopped by walgreens and the gothic girl behind the counter with blue hair told me she thought heels were uncomfortable. I replied they comfortable and only then did she think I was crazy.

I'm more "the guy in a skirt" than "the 6'8 girl". I'm always wearing either hose, skirt, shorts, heels or a mix of that. I don't change when someone knock the door. It's fun to see the face of a, let's say, carrier of the word of God or a postman when they see me. Incidentally, when that happen, I'm always wearing a skirt...=)

BTW, I don't go out dressed. I'm to antisocial to go out even in guy mode, and Dekka is worse...=)

If you're not comfortable answering the door in your girl clothes when there are unwanted visitors (read: Selling aluminum siding or religion), try answering the door totally naked except for a towel in your hand loosely held at a strategic location.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    If you're not comfortable answering the door in your girl clothes when there are unwanted visitors (read: Selling aluminum siding or religion), try answering the door totally naked except for a towel in your hand loosely held at a strategic location.
    Je je je je je... don't give me ideas...>=)

Alas, it could be traumatic for the poor soul who see me like that. I could be sentenced to pay psychiatric treatment for that person the rest of my life...=)

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona Lindum View Post
    ... I have had a few people look and ..... or you can almost see their brains working trying to work it out.
    I love that look. I just smile and go about my business. I just hope they do not hurt their brains thinking about it.

I figure if we want acceptance they need to see what we look like. As people in general relate new things, to things they already know about. Since most have nothing to relate us to but drag queens, I figure I am creating something new in many peoples minds.
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

This thread is my dream.

You can classify me as a guy who likes to wear a nice shirt/sweater, a skirt, and tights/pantyhose and a smart shoe to balance.

My ex and I had a great relationship in this department (nightmare otherwise) and I would dress a lot in her apartment. Once we went to pick up chinese and I didn't change, I waited in the car though. I wanted to get out and go inside so bad.

Aside from one fun halloween, I haven't been able to live out my dream since.

I love this thread as well. Please keep it going as this is my life. I was in the local corner store last night getting some cigarettes and a coke last night. Short (mid thigh) denim skirt and polo shirt. No comments or second looks. Getting better at it for sure.... Keep the stories coming ladies.

Once or twice

I dress more conservative... shorts and tank and sandals. Occasionally I have gone out in dress. The problem is I do not wear a wig or makeup. The painted toes always get the most look and I get complements on them. Almost like the rest of my outfit was normal. If I do the dress thing, it will usually be in the evening and at a restaurant. I have not had any bad incidents. Just an occasional laugh, usually from teenagers. I will say the dress feels real nice... with the air and free space it provides!

I made my "debut" last month. I had occasion to make a two-day drive and took a skirt along. Changed into it at a convenient (out of state) rest area. No make-up, no wig, just a "guy in a skirt." First fuel stop, got out of the pickup and no one appeared to notice. Struck up a conversation with another couple of guys fuelling a Harley and another pickup, and the only topic was fuel mileage. Same sort of thing all day, including check-in at the motel that night. At that motel were several guys with bass boats preparing for a fishing contest the next day, and again no comments.

I did the same thing on the return trip. Only comment I got was that evening in the motel, when a couple of (perhaps 8 - 9 years old) boys wandered by. One asked "Is that a man-skirt?" I said yes. "Is that a skirt?" I said yes. "Do you always wear skirts?" I said sometimes. "Why do you wear a skirt?" I told them it was because skirts are comfortable. They wandered off and that was that. All in all, the whole experience was somewhat anti-climactic.
    "But what is Truth? Is Truth unchanging law?
    We both have truths - are mine the same as yours?"

Most guys do not know how comfortable a skirt really is.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

29 yrs ago . half in the wrapper an fealing NO pain I walked around the block about 2 am in a dress man shoes an coat.. no wig ... LOL sicko i was.

have fun with that !

Love Bree

I've managed, in the early hours, to go along a local footpath wearing a skirt and heels. I do take a pair of trousers and male shoes in case I need to change back quickly (I'm a chicken I know). I've now plucked up the courage to wear court shoes whilst looking for new shoes (in the out of town shops)and it feels good. Maybe I'll have the courage to try the skirt next time.

Luv Alie

I usually never go out in public while dressed (I don't wear makeup at all), although I usually either have stockings and/or panties on under my guy clothes.

The one time I did go outside was at a party in Hollywood. A friend of a friend invited us to her house but said that all guys must wear dresses or skirts. I didn't own any dresses so she let me borrow one of hers. She actually smiled when she saw I was wearing stockings under my pants. I was a little nervous doing that since I went there with my best friend and he had no idea that I CD. I laughed later because he was jealous I was wearing them and he wanted to wear some also. That was the first time I ever dressed up in front of anyone, let alone a large group of people. And I did it as a "guy in a dress."

I never owned a wig or makeup until someone at the support group in Cleveland approached me and told me that the owner of the gay bar where the group met didn't like the "halfway" look.

I think there is a different attitude there in UK, Emma, or in parts at least. People are more open, no matter they are wearing. But here in United States, there are a lot of communities and places that if someone was to dress in a skirt or a dress, they would be looked at, and maybe possible worse consequences. Also a good chance of being arrested!
    Last edited by Fred; 09-02-2009 at 10:30 AM.

Hi CharleneT, Not to change the subject here, but I just came across your name and picture on this topic. I was curious what part of Iowa you live in, as I had lived there also. (Hope I don't get into trouble posting this!)

Looks like this is an older thread that was revived, but yeah, I go out as the "guy in a skirt" look much more than I do the full femme look. Even when I go more femme, I usually don't stuff a bra or anything like that, I wear a wig sometimes for the aesthetics of how longer hair works with some outfits, and a touch of makeup but not trying to conceal my true sex.

I think both groups have valid points towards which is braver, personally I think it's just brave period to go out and dress the way you want. I prefer to dress as a male and wear women's clothes while doing it because I don't really feel that I need to present as a female in order to wear feminine clothes. I know some CDs on here wear women's clothes because they want to present themselves as female, so our motivations are very different.

But since there is a significant portion of CDs who only dress as women for the anonymity or safety net of it, I wish more of those folks would be willing to go out as "men in dresses" so that the public could see it in a positive way on a more regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I think there is a different attitude there in UK, Emma, or in parts at least. People are more open, no matter they are wearing. But here in United States,... Also a good chance of being arrested!
    I don't think this is accurate anymore. It certainly used to be the case, but I doubt there's any place left in the U.S. where a guy can be arrested for wearing a skirt, or etc.

My wife is insistent that if I want to go out in a dress that I have to be fully made up with hair and nails etc. Wearing ladies jeans, shirts or sandals in male mode is OK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Katie B View Post
    I've just read through this thread and a big question comes to my mind.

On the one hand, there are 74 replies here most of which support the man-in-a-frock idea. On the other hand there are just as many replies on other threads deploring the "hairy men in dresses" on the Jerry Springer Show.

Can somebody explain? (PS: I've never seen the JSS.)
    Everybody has a different view.

There are people who find women who do not shave their legs to be repulsive. Others find them attractive. Each to their own.

Because of social programming, most people are going to find a hairy man in a dress to be repulsive. So long as they don't act against a person dressed this way, so be it.

Me personally; I'd LOVE to have the freedom to dress in whatever way I want, whenever I want. In my own tastes, I don't find hair attractive with femme clothing. I think it looks terrible underneath pantyhose for example. To me, being femme is in part about being smooth. So, if I were to routinely wear dresses or skirts, I'd never have hair on my legs.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar

not on purpose!

But...I got to work one day and was typing away when I realized that the only definite male piece of clothing I had on were my socks!!!! I had on a woman's turtleneck shirt, pullover sweater from VS, low-rise jeans from VS, undies from VS, and loafers! The socks were clearly male.

I went into the bathroom and looked at myself, smiled, and went back to work.

tina