Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever gone out as a "Guy in a dress?"

A dress or skirt made out of cotton is the same material as cotton pants.

Today is hot, so I have put on a knee-length denim skirt (made out of the same material as a pair of jeans).

So, there is nothing to be afraid of is there?

I shall still wear my skirt to my job this afternoon.
    I have done this several times now, with no reaction at all.

The only fear is inside your own head.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shikyo View Post
    I really can't fathom why you address this towards me, so would mind explaining why you address it to me?
    Shikyo, I did not mean to offend you in any way! I was referring to your post #7 on this thread. I believe a man, such as you and I, going out in public wearing women's clothing, but no wig and no makeup is just being himself, a Crossdresser! I don't see that as being brave! Dressing up and wearing makeup and a wig so you can pass as a woman is, to me at least, being very brave!

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

No, but it's an interesting idea. It will be good to hear of other girls' experiences.

No. I'm not a fan of the guy-in-a-dress look... at least not on me. No problem with anyone else doing so because we all have our own individual styles and interests in crossdressing.

I would never step out in public unless fully made up. Sometimes I'll dress around the house without makeup on (only because of time constraints), but no one can see me in my own home except my wife. I never look at my face when I pass by a mirror like that either. I don't want to see my man-face on me when I'm dressed. That is why some of my "headless" photos I've posted here are headless. I will not show my face when dressed unless I've got my face properly painted up.

Glad your experience doing so went well for you, Kate.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Mostly Harmless...
    Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    Shikyo, I did not mean to offend you in any way! I was referring to your post #7 on this thread. I believe a man, such as you and I, going out in public wearing women's clothing, but no wig and no makeup is just being himself, a Crossdresser! I don't see that as being brave! Dressing up and wearing makeup and a wig so you can pass as a woman is, to me at least, being very brave!

Don't worry, I wasn't offended in anyway. I just wondered why you directed it towards me.

Seems like there is a small misunderstanding going that is why it seemed to strange to me. I'm not a crossdresser, but a transsexual, so for me being just myself would mean to be a girl. I don't have the need for a wig(never had as I have the natural hair) or any makeup(as I still don't know how to do makeup) to be a girl. Each time I go out(or stay inside, it doesn't matter as it's always the same), I do present as a female. Thus going out as a girl isn't being brave for me, but being just me.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

No I haven't

but that doesn't mean I won't try it in the future!
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

When I get dressed, I want to look nice and "normal" (whatever that means), so if I am in female attire, I want to look female, at least as best as I can. If society would accept men in female clothing, then that would change everything, except, I would still like to look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Carly D. View Post
    ..... this is the way I wish I could be.....
    Carly, yes it makes sense. My preference is to just be out as a guy wearing the clothes of my choice. Always presenting my male self and wearing no wig and little to no makeup,

When I am away from home and those I know I do get out when I can as a guy wearing a mix of male and femme clothes. Yes I have had some surprised looks. But heck if I was them I would look surprised also. But once past the surprised look I have not had any issues.

Per my wife when I go out around home and those I know I present a feminine image that is in line with society views. And my feminine image conceals my male identity. I blend decently but I do not pass.

kim
    joe in a skirt
    KimberlyS-CD
    joe in a skirt. Being myself not trying to be some other CDer
    Just trying to find a balance for my son and myself.

Standard disclaimer: Going out of the house was right for me, it may or may not be right for you. If you've got no desire to leave the house, that's fine, I'm not trying to push you out the door. But for those who've been yearning to do so, I just want to let you know the world may not be as scary a place as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaclyn NM View Post
    When I get dressed, I want to look nice and "normal" (whatever that means), so if I am in female attire, I want to look female, at least as best as I can. If society would accept men in female clothing, then that would change everything, except, I would still like to look nice.
    Society DOES accept men in female clothing. Try it and see the lack of interest amongst the people who see you.
    Whenever I have worn a skirt in male mode, there have never been any issues at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma England View Post
    Society DOES accept men in female clothing. Try it and see the lack of interest amongst the people who see you.
    The worse ive gotten so far is nasty looks or an occasional " Oh My God "
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Quote Originally Posted by Intertwined View Post
    The worse ive gotten so far is nasty looks or an occasional " Oh My God "
    The only thing I've ever heard or seen is a "Wow, did you see that man!", or else I get a big smile!!
    Stephanie

I guess I have.When I go shopping on the weekends I usually wear bra,36C forms,panties with bun pads,skinny girl jeans and tight tops.No make up,no wig.Doesnt seem to offend anyone that I'm aware of and every once in a while a real woman will smile.Not sure if she approves or is stiffling laughter.Oh well.

No I have never done that, never will. I love the feminine look, so therefore I do go out wearing a wig and makeup. I dont want to be just a guy in a dress.

Guy in a dress most of the time (when in womens clothing at all), trying to keep a nice androgynous look. Almost never feeling feminine enough to try to pass.

Aspiring Member
    Why shouldn't guys wear a skirt or dress? Women go out as women wearing pants. Equal rights all the way baby! ( Though I don't think that's what women have in mind when they complain about "rights" )
    Women who wear pants and skirts are shocked, just shocked a husband would do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by noname View Post
    Why shouldn't guys wear a skirt or dress? Women go out as women wearing pants. Equal rights all the way baby! ( Though I don't think that's what women have in mind when they complain about "rights" )
    If you have this attitude, then you will have no problem with being a guy who happens to wear a skirt or dress.

On Friday, I wore a tulip skirt to one of my jobs.
    Must have been seen by at least a couple of dozen people.
    No reaction at all.

not out in public only around the house.
    Shay Lynn

I haven't done that since........this afternoon! I often wear cotton skirts and tank tops around the house. I'm planning on going out tonight but I'm not ready for a bath and full make-up yet. I needed a couple of items from the corner store so I grabbed my keys and headed down there to get what i needed. In the store and out in a couple of minutes. I used to always put on make-up and a wig to go to the store when dressed enfemme, but find the more time goes by the less I feel the need to always dress to the nines.

Kimmy, did you borrow my shorts? I have so many I can't keep track!
    Stephanie

Dressed as girl but looking like a guy

Yes, I do this all the time. I have skin problems and intense hair growth and I have not found a way to overcome these problems. I even have a short but full beard and mustache all the time. The clothes I wear out in public have usually been "plain Jane" stuff. I've had to take a few jibes from some local redneck types over wearing knee socks with my shorts of all things but it was no big deal to me as I have really been enjoying wearing women's clothing. Skirts, dresses, and formal wear are my favourites but I have only been wearing these garments outside when I'm off to go swimming in them at an area water course, or at this special public swimming pool that is open minded enough to let me in during public swims. A few times I have worn a skirt out on the street but these are baby steps and I'm getting braver.
    Do confidently what you need to do what satisfies you with comfort. Cheers! Chris

I normally go out as a guy in a dress. I have had a few people look and either have that disgusted look or you can almost see their brains working trying to work it out. I have also got into conversations with people who have been supportive of a man dressing and some have even given me advice on what I should wear.

Banned Read only

Wink

up untill 2 days ago i didnt have a syrup and most makeup(even sensitive skin products) screws with my ultra sensitive skin so ive been out many times just wearing girly clothes(love being a schoolgirl)last wed i went ou for a walk in my l.b.d with stockings and heels i got 2 wolf whistles,3 chourus' of "get your tits out for the lads" and then the police stopped me for being dressed,wanted to know why i was in "ladies"clothes and wouldnt take why not as a answer.fortunatly my records check came back clean andthey let me carry on walking although i did make one officer apoligise cause he called me sir(he said very sorry madame while his partner killed himself laughing.
    bethany xxxxx

Aspiring Member
    I have gone out dressed in feminine clothing wearing a scarf or feminine type cap for head covering and light make up and had no problems or difficulties with the general public. For about the last 6 months or so, I have gone out trying to completely pass with an age appropriate wig but I have often-times thought of not wearing the wig because of the extremely hot temperatures in north Texas plus when I look in the mirror after putting on my makeup, before donning the wig, I think that I could almost pass as an older woman with a "guy's" haircut. I have hesitated to do so because I vainly think that I look younger wearing a wig and it seems to cover the flaws of my face. Perhaps I should wear a mask or a bag over my head and I would never be recognized.

It's something that I have considered, but it's really all or nothing for me. I don't even underdress, at least not often. When I dress I prefer it to be 100% of my best effort and that includes wig and makeup, but that's just me.

Oh near the end of my 'CD' days I got quite... mad I suppose... lol. In a way I became a Mansonesque characature daring people to challenge me... Well I was an alcoholic by that point and carrying far too many self-harm wounds to bother covering them. No-one ever said anything to my face... Maybe I looked far too insane to provoke... Probably x
    Last edited by Lisa Golightly; 06-29-2009 at 09:59 AM.
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]