Thread: Have your parents ever passed comment on seeing....

Banned Read only

Have your parents ever passed comment on seeing....

another CD?

Mother said she saw one in a restaurant and she was disgusted.

Oh my mother is terrible with 'alternate' lifestyles... In fact her favourite question to ask me is 'Why can't you be normal?'
    Der Transsexuellaußenseiter

The lovers have flown...

[SIZE="3"]VENI VIDI VICI[/SIZE]

A few years back some friends brought it up as if the CD were a monster. I just kept quiet
    If that comes up again, I feel confident to defend it.
    Oh, how I wish....

Aspiring Member
    I can't help myself but must comment; when someone does not tolerate "alternate lifestyles" then they have not come into contact with "those" people nor even tried to get to know them. The problem is that they can't get past the "alternate" part. Since we are part of the transgendered community, we can't understand the why of it but looking at the racism, the bigotry of other religious beliefs or the subserviance of different genders and/or people,in our world, then we come to realize that that is the way they were brought up, the values they were taught and the way they have come to believe and accept. It is an unfortunate world that we live in but rest assured that someday, maybe not in my lifetime, but someday "alternate lifestyles" will be accepted.

Just this morning, in the Ft. Worth Star Telegram, was an article that stated that the Southern Baptist Convention had barred a Ft. Worth Church that had been a member for 123 years from continued participation because it requested putting pictures of same sex couples in its directory. These church members are actively participating in church activities and are accepted by the other church members. The "straight" members of the church accept them because they have taken the time to get to know them.

This is what we are up against and the hope we have for the future.

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    Both of my [retired] military parents have made many such comments to their only child. One particular ignorant statement made in response to a male dressed up for Halloween comes to mind from my youth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Golightly View Post
    Oh my mother is terrible with 'alternate' lifestyles... In fact her favourite question to ask me is 'Why can't you be normal?'
    your reply should have been "but I am normal"

My mother became very accepting of all lifestyles as she got older. She was very accepting and loving when she learned about me as well. I miss her every day

Banned Read only

Just to put the record straight....

Although mother was disgusted a seeing a CD one day, several years later when finding my skirts she was very sympathetic.

Mostly Harmless...
    Nope, I haven't heard either one talking badly about any gay, transsexual, crossdresser whatever else you can think of at any point of time.
    I look like a Girl
    With Makeup on my Face
    In Reality
    A cute Kitty I am!

Mother naver said anything And my dad was one.
    Angie

My mom said that I was sick, perverted, and in serious need of help. When she sees anything about crossdressing or transgendered on television, she's absolutely disgusted by it.
    "Oh f*ckkk!! Chick's a dude!" - from textsfromlastnight

me: I wonder what it'd be like to play golf en femme.

wifey: It's hotter and sweatier.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heathr1 View Post
    another CD?

My mom is indifferent, her attitude is "people are just people". She has seen me dressed and had no problems. She is a hairstylist and has worked with plenty of gay and/or TG.

My dad thinks it is a little strange that a man would want to be seen as a woman. As far as comments, sometimes he would see them on TV or media and say "Do you think she is good looking...? ...That's actually a man dressed up as a woman..." I guess he kind of thinks it is strange yet fascinating at the same time. Mostly a "whatever" attitude.

As far as negative comments, ehh my dad might have made a snide comment or two about TG but no more so than he would about anyone else in the world.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

They didn't comment, but once when I was high-school age, not sure exactly which year, the family was out to a local place for dinner, and as we were leaving, I realized that the 2 couples sitting in a booth that we passed on the way out were 2 guys with crossdressed males as their partners.

Boy, did my parents ever rush us out of there fast. I guess they noticed too. ;-)

I was amazed, and would have liked to go back and talk to them, as I had no idea that anyone else like me, other than one friend, was around, especially adults. The idea that they could openly go out in public was earth-shaking to me. And looking back, it was pretty amazing that they were brave enough to do that, as this was the conservative south suburbs of Chicago back in maybe 1966 or thereabouts.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

I have no idea what my mother would say or how she feels about this subject. She is such a yo yo on the subject.

two example

1) Her friends daughter was dating a guy. One day, they found out that he liked to wear women's undies. How they found out is beyond me. Anyway, this becomes the topic of conversation between them and they are all just mortified by it and can't understand why he would want to do that? They still bring it up from time to time.

2) my mother is out to dinner and a gay couple sit down behind her. They start talking about what kind of dress they are going to make with this fabric they just bought. They had it out to admire it. Well my mother, who is a a wiz with a sewing machine hears them talking. So she turns her chair around and proceeds to talk to this couple for a good half hour about sewing and what would look good on them blah blah. Now she knew full well that they where going to be making dresses for themselves. No comments from her on that again ever except that hey where really nice and the fabric they chose was beautiful.

So who is she?

Got me
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    AAARRRGGGHHHH!

My mum is a total bigot about crossdressers 99 and 44/100% of the time. Back in the 1980s when I was starting to come to terms with the 'girl within', I started hearing crap from her like 'makes me wanna puke up' whenever she saw someone like Boy George or anything dealing with crossdressers. Yet when she saw someone like Flip Wilson do Geraldine she'd make comments like 'doesn't he make a good woman'.

Her 'makes me wanna puke up' comment drove me further away from her, and when ever I heard such things, I play a song from the soundtrack to the movie 'Time Square'. The song was called 'Your Daughter is One' and the lyrics used words which I will censor here: spc, ngr, fgt, bm, your daughter is one!. I used to blast it out when I heard her talk like that.

I've mellowed over the years, I guess I've become more subtle in the ways I fight back. Certainly its because I have my wife on my side accepting me every step of the way. And besides, as far as my mum is concerned, I'm cured of CDing because I married -- a girl!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

As far as i can remember i don't really remember my mum saying much negative about anyone,,,she was really open minded, i guess part of that came from having been a nurse for 20 years. I never had the oppurtunity to tell her about my tg feelings,,,and now i'll always wonder what she would have had to say. Sigh,,,such is life!
    flic xxx

My mom's dead and she was the one dressing me as for my dad he's in the army and.... well we don't speak much to each other since im not "is boy"

Quote Originally Posted by heathr1 View Post
    another CD?

I don't recall them ever commenting on the subject.

I got caught wearing one of my mom's skirts when I was a kid and got in pretty good trouble for that. She obviously didn't want me to be "one of those people" or however she thought of it. Wonderful memory that day was (NOT).
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

When I was younger...

I brought up the subject. I can't remember the exact conversation, but my mom let me know she was disgusted by the topic. So I didn't say anything more to her about it.

Later when I was around 29, I told both my parents that I was a cross-dresser and they were upset, but then said they would love me no matter what.

Before my mom passed away last year I showed her a picture of Tracy. I said, "See what your daughter would've looked like?" She grabbed the picture from me and looked at it, then said, "Wow, nice legs!"

People and attitudes can change, you just have to believe it.

Love, Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

When my mother saw me dressed, she just said"Don't break an ankle in those heels!"

Just about me, but attitudes has sincechanged for the better.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Gold Member
    Have thought about telling my mom about my CDing but right now I don't see the need. Although I'm sure she would say, "No matter what you do, as long as you're happy, I'll always love you for who you are." Or something like that. She's a very open and accepting person. She's even had a few gay friends! As for my dad, well he's no longer around, but he's probably turning in his grave!!!!!!!!!!!!

my parent's are heavy opposed to the whole not normal thing.
    My mom would just about kill herself laughing and then cry for the next year or so.
    My dad has always wanted a daughter and has reminded me of this often.
    but he would more then liklely dissown me.

So they should not find out...

My mum is very supporting actually. She's the one who dressed me up the first time. Never heard something from my dad.
    But geez my grand parents were mad.