Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Family Discussions

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area

Family Discussions

[SIZE=4]So I spent part of my day (after watching Star Trek) with my daughter (18) talking about shopping..and shoes.. yes I finally showed her a couple of pairs of shoes that i own.. we compared, gave tips.. talked about how to shop and save.. and [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]then we talked more about bounderies.. she is not ready to see me dressed.. and i respect that.. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]but I showed her shoes and a top and dress. To let her know about shoping smartly..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]anyway..it was an interesting day..I even threw a hint about it being difficult to dress when i'm not sure what time she is coming home.. said at least give me an hour and bare with my nails..lol.. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]we talked about how to apply eyeliner and the difficulties of it.. i suggested trying liquid..thanks to you girls.. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]see how that goes...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]anyway..its all in just a day... [/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]hugs,[/SIZE]
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

Dancing in the moonlight Midnight Skye's Avatar
    - giggles - Thats realy cute Ms Cassey. Sounds like you have a healthy relationship with your daughter. My wife loves to talk with me about makeup tips, clothing and style when she brings it up. She still gets nervous when I bring it up in male mode though. Just a quirk in our relationship
    Have fun and enjoy life.
    Skye

so cool

that is so cool, keep it up, talking opens most doors

would the gg, group help here ? if she needed it? not that she needs it , just a thought,
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

[SIZE=4]Thank you for the replies, Erica and Katlyn..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]sure our worlds are somewhat dff...and can understand.. just taking one step at a time.. [/SIZE]
    Marissa

Thats what is all about Cassey.......one step at a time.

Xx Vicky xX

Thats great.

I have to girls both grown and we have to grand babies this yr both girls. I buy my daughters make up and clothes all the time. especially at garage sales. They were raised by me and so it is normal for me to buy them and instruct them. I enjoy that. However they do not know that I cross dress. Out here in east Texas it would be suicide to come out. Unless you are gay. Which I am not. So in the closet I am. However I live alone now and can enjoy the quite time to pamper Jill....

Hugs

Jill

Very nice post Cassey. I'm lucky in that my wife will always call before she comes home when she's out with the kids and I'm left behind. But I do worry about things as the kids get older and they start coming and going as they please. There are no plans in the immediate future for disclosure. There may never be but then again, you never know (I'd never disclose to the kids without the wife's blessing).

Regardless, you have a really neat arrangement with your daughter.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Sounds like things are going well in your household, Cassey. You're daughter isn't ready to see you dressed yet, but she's engaging in girl-fashion conversations comfortably with you, if I understand correctly. I think that's great.

Seems like a healthy process to me - taking small steps and allowing the topic to be out in the open. You're gauging where your daughter is with everything and that's very smart. It's important she doesn't feel anything is forced on her. She'll probably open up more to things on her own.

Even if she chooses not to see you en femme (ever), you at least know that she loves you and accepts you as you are.

I hope things continue to progress. Keep monitoring her comfort level and let that guide you. You may want to try and work out more specific dress-up times with her though. You shouldn't be afraid to discuss that because she obviously loves and respects who you are even if she doesn't fully understand this part of your life.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

[SIZE=4]Thank you all for the replies and support.. I have brought up this site during our converstations, more about how the world effects us girls..the good, the bad.. and how families don't always understand or want to understand.. anyway.. she knows its a confusing world.. and i'm just a piece of it [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]We have gone thru two seasons of America's Next Top Model (what dad/guy would do that????) and now chatting about my dressing..so doors are opening.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]For me.. it would be great to have that person in my life who would also accept me as some of your wives/gf have. That would be great for that kind of relationship.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Thank you all again.. have a great day..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Hugs,[/SIZE]
    Marissa

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    Very nice post Cassey. I'm lucky in that my wife will always call before she comes home when she's out with the kids and I'm left behind. But I do worry about things as the kids get older and they start coming and going as they please. There are no plans in the immediate future for disclosure. There may never be but then again, you never know (I'd never disclose to the kids without the wife's blessing).

I can predict your future if you don't come out to her. Your future will be my current times. She comes home and you run to the bedroom. You get dressed and you err on the side of no make-up because you don't want to be holed up in the bedroom cleaning make-up off every time she gets home. Don't forget no perfume or she will smell it when she hugs you goodnight.

But then, she really has to know at this point and is being nice.

Sounds like a great kid. It's fun to have someone close to you to talk about clothes and makeup. Maybe someday she will ask to see you dressed, and what a rush that will be.

Tanya

Hi... oh dear daughters . know what thats about .... giggles ... the bad & the good side .....phew.......
    ...noeleena...

Quote Originally Posted by mscassey1963 View Post
    For me.. it would be great to have that person in my life who would also accept me as some of your wives/gf have. That would be great for that kind of relationship..
    They're out there, Cassey. Not always easy to find, but there are plenty of women who'd love the opportunity to date a cd.

I just responded to this thread in which a total stranger (gg) was fascinated when Tracii came out to her and showed her some photos.

Have you ever looked into online dating services? There are some reputable ones. You can include in your profile that you cd, or perhaps even center your profile around your feminine side. Do some research and give it a shot. Just an idea.

I hope you find the right woman for you - supportive, loving, and one who truly appreciates ALL of you. Do not settle for anything less.
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Sue_CD View Post
    I can predict your future if you don't come out to her. Your future will be my current times. She comes home and you run to the bedroom. You get dressed and you err on the side of no make-up because you don't want to be holed up in the bedroom cleaning make-up off every time she gets home. Don't forget no perfume or she will smell it when she hugs you goodnight.

But then, she really has to know at this point and is being nice.
    I'm sorry Sue if there was something in my post that wasn't clear. My wife does know, since long before we were married ("...my wife will always call before she comes home..."). So your present is certainly not my future. The gist of this thread has to do with coming out to the kids and my reply was somewhat of a lament about my own uncertainty about things as my young children get older and more independent.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrielle Hermosa View Post
    They're out there, Cassey. Not always easy to find, but there are plenty of women who'd love the opportunity to date a cd.

I just responded to this thread in which a total stranger (gg) was fascinated when Tracii came out to her and showed her some photos.

Have you ever looked into online dating services? There are some reputable ones. You can include in your profile that you cd, or perhaps even center your profile around your feminine side. Do some research and give it a shot. Just an idea.

I hope you find the right woman for you - supportive, loving, and one who truly appreciates ALL of you. Do not settle for anything less.
    [SIZE=4]Gabrielle, thank you for the info.. even for my desires/dreams, it would be something to consider..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Hugs,[/SIZE]
    Marissa

I'm sorry Sue if there was something in my post that wasn't clear. My wife does know, since long before we were married ("...my wife will always call before she comes home...").
    [SIZE=4]Sara, I too saw it as a possible misunderstanding but did not want to speak on your behalf. I'm glad you responded to clear that and that your wife is supportive. Especially like the thoughts of not revealing unless both parents agree to it. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Thanks for posting.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Hugs,[/SIZE]
    Marissa

Gold Member
    I'm sorry Sue if there was something in my post that wasn't clear. My wife does know, since long before we were married ("...my wife will always call before she comes home..."). So your present is certainly not my future. The gist of this thread has to do with coming out to the kids and my reply was somewhat of a lament about my own uncertainty about things as my young children get older and more independent.
    Actually, I goofed by not getting my references clear enough. The she I was talking about is my older, teenage daughter. Which, if I am reading you right, is a possibility for you if you don't come out.

[SIZE=4]Okay..so another day of going to the movies.. at one of them Movie Taverns. It was nice to spend another day with my daughter watching Terminator.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]On the way, I brought up the topic of my dressing..since her breakup with bf, she is home more so chance of dressing is few and inbetween. Anyway.. i was asking for a code word to use so she knows i'm dressing.. we couldn't agree on one yet..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Then I confessed to her that last time we went shopping together, I found myself drawn to the women's section instead of the guy's. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]So we arrived at the Tavern. First time I had been to one of these places where you can have a pint , something to eat and a movie. Okay so I didn't have a pint but they do serve... she had been to one before but being only 18 (now 19) she didn't partake in a drink.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]anyway.. watched the movie..then went shopping in the mall.. we looked around at outfits for her.. got some strange looks from the cute young girls there (anyone under 30 is young to me..sorry..i mean very young.. ) ..part of me wasn't sure as to how i was being viewed.. a father helping daughter..or something else..anyway.. part of me wished it was a young woman looking at a handsome older man.. "dam craddle robber"...lol anyway.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]As she was trying outfits on, I looked around for items that i wanted.. but no way i was going to purchase in front of my daughter.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]so on to the next store..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]She tried on some outfits..so of course I tried some jeans on.. some real slim stretch jeans.. asked her opinion.. I finally had to say "look like girl jeans?" she said 'yes'. I had to agree.. I wasn't looking to be 'dressed' in them. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]okay..so tried a more loose pair..but decided not to get them. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]she decided to stop by her job at the mall..so i went back to the first store since I saw a cute white/fade to brown skirt. I bought it and caught up with her.. in the car going home, she asked "so you bought the jeans?" [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]I didn't know what to say, so i thought about it and grabbed the bag and pulled the skirt out to show her.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]"oh..that is cute..i like it" was her response.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]such a great day... [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]sorry for rambling, but guess this is the place for it..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Hugs,[/SIZE]
    Marissa

Cassey,
    It sounds like your daughter is very supportive even if she does not want to see her Dad dressed. Time and circumstances may change that but continue the father daughter get togethers. I went shopping with my youngest daughter and while we were in the women's section of old navy she asked if I found anything I liked. I have not been out to her but that comment told me so much, she knows but not confronting me about it. She always calls before coming over to visit, to see if I'm home, and this gives me a few minutes to change.

Keli

Quote Originally Posted by mscassey1963 View Post
    [SIZE=4]"oh..that is cute..i like it" was her response.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]such a great day... [/SIZE]
    I think her response speaks volumes, Cassey.

Acceptance, love, and friendship between a father and daughter are priceless. Maybe you can get that code word worked out next time, too.

It sounds like you did indeed have a great day. I'm sure you'll have many more.
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As I live in the country, reverting to drab mode is easier but the clean up afterwards is consuming. I tried the dressing conversation with the oldest grand but it didn't penitrate. You keep up the conversations and things will continue to develope between you.

Hugs,
    Alice

[SIZE=4]First, I want to thank you girls for reading my babbling [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Yes its getting better with the time spent together and our talks. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]If only minds had been this way for my ex and me, maybe we could have lasted, since communication is the key to alot of things in life. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Thank for the replies.. and support.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Hugs,[/SIZE]
    Marissa

This sounds like a pretty good talk. My daughter's older (29), but I'll be talking with her soon. I hope for positive results.
    warmly, Linnea

Quote Originally Posted by linnea View Post
    This sounds like a pretty good talk. My daughter's older (29), but I'll be talking with her soon. I hope for positive results.
    [SIZE=4]Linnea, thanks for the post.. and yes this is good talk.. take in the advice given and others experiences including mine.. it will help.. listen to her words and watch her reactions.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]good luck..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Hugs,[/SIZE]
    Marissa

[SIZE=4]So my daughter goes to work..then text me to say she is getting out of work early, like 9pm..OH God !!! I thought she would work until ten or so.. that would give me time to dress, take pics and remove all traces before she got home... [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]okay.. what to do...so out of the blue she says "i can stay at a friend's house tonight".. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]hmmm i tell her, its okay..just that i had just did my nails..lol[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]so she needs to come by the house, so i let her know i will stay in my room until she is gone for the night.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]"I"m out" was her reply.."sound like a spy to me".. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]anyway.. I had to thank her soooooo much for being understanding..and letting me..be me.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]she's not ready for me.. but i so want to show her..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]but can't ask for more than her understanding.. such a great kid.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=4]Hugs, [/SIZE]
    Marissa