View Poll Results: Which Symbol(s) do you prefer for us?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • butterfly (Bernadina)

31 25.00%
  • seahorse (Celeste)

13 10.48%
  • rainbow (Donna Louise)

4 3.23%
  • ladybug (Ricki)

17 13.71%
  • rotating 3D m/f symbol (Jo Ann)

9 7.26%
  • triangle with modified m/f symbols (Tristen)

30 24.19%
  • Yin-Yang (Rainy)

14 11.29%
  • Something else (please specify in a post)

10 8.06%
  • I don’t care, and I won’t wear one anyway

19 15.32%
  • I don’t care, but will wear what the majority prefers

4 3.23%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Symbol Poll

Definately ring

I second the Mobius ring. right hand, no left, ok right, oh I don't know!!! LOL Wilma
    wilma
    me and my "pinkcheeks"

StephanieCD
    Wherever you want it On a shirt, even. A necklace? It's the shape itself that I'm proposing. It's not like only rainbows worn on thighs are "gay" symbols, right?

I know I suggested the butterfly at some point but I'm having second thoughts as it has been pointed out that it has been overused. I also picked up some small butterfly pins last weekend and they are a bit obvious.

I like the mobius ring/pin/pendent idea.
    Last edited by Bernadina; 07-13-2005 at 10:52 PM.

2 Symbols

I love symbols, I beleive in their power to inspire. I chose "other" because I feel a need for 2 symbols. One for the "civilians", those who are for their own ligitimate reasons are not ready to go "out", and need to display their preferences on the Lo Lo and the "soldiers" those who are out in the public, on the front lines. There were many CDers who came "out" long before me, in a more hostile environment. Their efforts, I beleive have contributed to my much more "tolerent" experience. Now it's my turn. I have a symbol I already wear that I wish to submit for your consideration, (see link below). I will continue to wear my symbol and would proudly wear any symbol you all my choose.

To those who my choice of symbol may "offend" I apologize (huggles, kisses, blah blah) please feel free to torch me Those who "get it", PM me we need to talk

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...a04/booya2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Maria2004

snip..

I have a symbol I already wear that I wish to submit for your consideration, (see link below). I will continue to wear my symbol and would proudly wear any symbol you all my choose.

snip..
    Girls with attitude! Great!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

StephanieCD
    Maria!!! OMG!

What a transformation! You're a pro! The picture/s at the link above - I'm inpsired. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieCD
    Maria!!! OMG!

What a transformation! You're a pro! The picture/s at the link above - I'm inpsired. Wow.
    Thanks Stephanie. It's a lot of work, 2 to 4 days of prep time for one outing or photo session that lasts only a few hours. I have hand plucked out my entire mustache and beard around my mouth and just below my chin, I have to work on it daily (till I get my laser treatments ) but the hairs are getting finer and less painfull. I use clear waterproof bandage tape to give myself a facelift, and pull my neck back. I use "Eucerin" pore purifying fash wash, followed by their Deep Action Toner, followed by their Daily Control & Care moisterizer. Months of practice, trying differnt make ups. My wife told me I didn't need a "foundation" but she has gorgeous skin, I alas "need" a foundation, followed by concealer, then more foundation, then top coat and blush, all cream to powder type. Cucumber slices and tea bags really do work at supressing the bags under my eyes temporarily, I was amazed. All this being said, I'm not trying to "pass" I don't spoof my voice or will deny being a man, I love my clothes and just try and look as good as I possibly can, and it has worked out rather well.

Joanie Leggs

Ring A Ding Ding

I vote for the Mobius Pinky Ring It Is discret and I can wear it when in drab
    which is most of the time now adays but that's another Thread.
    and no one will be the wiser except for us girls.

I do not know what to call it but I like the one with the Crossover in it. Very nice touch and can easily be worn all the time and in drab.

Love, April
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

I like the mobias strip. suttel yet very fitting.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

StephanieCD
    It symbolizes transformation (from one side to the other) and unity (of the two sides) while it also happens to be a beautiful mathematical anomoly - an extraordinary circumstance. Simple and beautiful at the same time.

(have I sold this idea yet!?)

Dark Sultry Goddess Sweet Jeanette's Avatar
    It symbolizes transformation (from one side to the other) and unity (of the two sides) while it also happens to be a beautiful mathematical anomoly - an extraordinary circumstance. Simple and beautiful at the same time.

The design, and the idea behind it sounds cool. I think I would vote for it, if I hadn't voted already!
    [SIZE="3"][50 miles from ANYWHERE![/I][/SIZE]

It's certainly got lots of support, which is why we're going to have a runoff!

We could also kick it up one dimension to a Klein Bottle and make it a charm for a bracelet or pendant. (This is a bottle that has no inside or outside):

(Just kidding, this is one of those things that you can draw a picture of, but can't exist in 3 dimensions. Sort of like an M. C. Escher drawing.)

p.s. How many know that the Möbius [size=2]strip has an actual industrial application, and what it is? Answer will be given at end of poll on 7/19 [/size]
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Ann
    It's certainly got lots of support, which is why we're going to have a runoff!

We could also kick it up one dimension to a Klein Bottle and make it a charm for a bracelet or pendant. (This is a bottle that has no inside or outside):

(Just kidding, this is one of those things that you can draw a picture of, but can't exist in 3 dimensions. Sort of like an M. C. Escher drawing.)

p.s. How many know that the Möbius [size=2]strip has an actual industrial application, and what it is? Answer will be given at end of poll on 7/19 [/size]
    Im sure by now, that all of you know that I am a rather free and easy-going person, and that I choose to sort of ignore the rather, "constants" of the everyday world!---I sort of, ---like to interpret things as I want to see them!!! Well, I have a idea about this "Klein bottle" thing. ---To me, it looks like a stomach with an esophogus, where the esophogus is piped back into the stomach!!! -----It looks like it might "feed" on itself!!!-----Horrors!--But, that is only my "out there" type of thought. Don't mind me.

StephanieCD
    Someday when I have a few bucks to throw away I'm going to order the Klein beer mug - for giggles. Always thought they were cool.

industrial application of a mobius strip? Old belt drives? Also read that they were used in some conveyor belts to extend the life of them because both "sides" get wear.

Beyond that I can imagine quite a few - saw a really good idea on a site suggesting a belt sander use a double sided mobius strip of sandpaper to double the lifespan of the belt!

... they were used in some conveyor belts to extend the life of them because both "sides" get wear.
    Give the lady a cigar!

Someday when I have a few bucks to throw away I'm going to order the Klein beer mug - for giggles. Always thought they were cool.
    Yeah, but since they have to compromise the definition to make them "work", I'm not sure I could settle for that.

Eons ago, when I was a newly married twenty-something, my wife asked me what I wanted for Xmas, and I said "a Klein Bottle". I let her drive herself nuts for a couple of weeks before I 'fessed up. She was pissed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lust walking
    But, that is only my "out there" type of thought. Don't mind me.
    Since we're talking about an imaginary object, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Last edited by Rachel Ann; 07-16-2005 at 10:16 PM.
    - Robert Hunter

StephanieCD
    That's exactly why I didn't blow the money - it's an impossible object.... but still a cool thingy to have someday.

I vote for the Möbius ring. Simple but meaningful. Great suggestion Stephanie.
    Warm Regards,
    Elysia

Deciding on a symbol.

It is 7-19-05, and it is now 6:25Pm my time. When the poll closes, at 8:08PM, it will be 10:08PM my time, I think.---I am SO eagerly looking forward to what we all pick! ---Ill be Sooo happy to finally have a symbol, (whatever we pick) to be able to wear with pride in Public!!!!---AND, I WILL wear our symbol EVERYWHERE, whereever I go, or do.---I feel very good inside!!! ---I relish the idea of others like us to know of me!!!---This is a perfect idea!!!---You can not believe how happy I am right now!!!
    Last edited by Sweet Jeanette; 07-19-2005 at 06:41 PM. Reason: more info

StephanieCD
    So what's the count, anyway? Weren't we going to do a revised one or something? *nudge nudge*

So what's the count, anyway? Weren't we going to do a revised one or something? *nudge nudge*
    Rachel Anne said we were going to do a "runoff", and cut out some of the other stuff.---The count is above this post,and it looks like the butterfly is leading.
    Last edited by Sweet Jeanette; 07-19-2005 at 07:04 PM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Lust walking
    When the poll closes, at 8:08PM, it will be 10:08PM my time, I think
    If I'm not mistaken, we all see it in local time. So I'm taking it to mean 9:08 pm PDT.

I will get to tallying the write-ins as soon as I possibly can. The runoff will be shorter (4 days enough? Anybody need more?), won't have write-ins or "don't care" options, and will allow only one choice per voter.

Rachel x

p.s. Sorry, there is NO WAY I'm wearing a butterfly or a pink triangle en drab. And en femme, we don't really need a symbol, do we?
    Last edited by Rachel Ann; 07-19-2005 at 09:40 PM.
    - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Ann
    If I'm not mistaken, we all see it in local time. So I'm taking it to mean 9:08 pm PDT.

I will get to tallying the write-ins as soon as I possibly can. The runoff will be shorter (4 days enough? Anybody need more?), won't have write-ins or "don't care" options, and will allow only one choice per voter.

Rachel x
    My time, (Central), will be 11:08PM.------I eagerly await!------4 days is plenty for me!--- :nerves:
    Last edited by Sweet Jeanette; 07-19-2005 at 10:07 PM. Reason: wrong info

OK, here are the results.It's too much of a production to get spreadsheet margins in one of these posts, so everything is shown as:

Symbol, Submitter, Poll Votes, Write-ins, Total Votes

butterfly, Bernadina, 31, 0, 31
    triangle with modified m/f signs, Tristen, 30, 0, 30
    yin-yang, RainyHaze, 14, 4, 18
    ladybug, Rikki be Good, 17, 1, 18
    seahorse, Celeste, 13, 2, 15
    Möbius Strip, Stephanie CD, 0, 12, 12
    rotating 3D m/f symbol, Jo Ann, 9, 0, 9
    rainbow, Donna Louise, 4, 0, 4
    chromosome pattern, Lady Jayne, 0, 3, 3
    clown fish, Julie M, 0, 2, 2
    “CD” pendant, Jen TGCD, 0, 1, 1
    caterpillar, Natalie Sweet, 0, 1, 1
    flipping the bird, Maria2004, 0, 1, 1
    panties on head, Ibuki Warbetal, 0, 1, 1
    detachable garter bracelets, Ibuki Warbetal, 0, 1, 1

Sometimes deciding what was a write-in (and of what) took a little interpretation. But, I don’t think this changed who was in the top 7 and who was not.

So, with an honorable mention to those who had great ideas that just didn’t get traction, I’m going to set up a runoff among the top 7. Vote for one only. Write-ins will not be counted. This will be a 5 day poll ending Sunday night. Let’s play fair and everybody refrain from ballot box stuffing, ok? Campaigning is fair, but not bribery or fiddling with the voting machine.

This poll will ONLY be about what the symbol is, not how it be will rendered (ring, pendant, pin, whatever) or what colors will be used. I think that when it is time to decide that, whoever is going to do the work will get more votes than everybody else.

Please see “Symbol Poll: Sudden Death” to vote.

Rachel xxx
    Last edited by Rachel Ann; 07-20-2005 at 01:45 AM.
    - Robert Hunter