Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did you ever enjoy wearing a dress?

I'm the exception, I'm sure. I have a distinctively female side and a distinctively male side, and each one likes equal time (oh Lord, I sound like Sybil).

Anyway, I used to enjoy dressing like a girl when I was younger and also dressed like a boy when I got the urge, but when I stopped wearing boys clothes (in my late 20's / early 30's) due to negative reactions, I also stopped wearing dresses, skirts, pantyhose and heels (although I've always hated pantyhose - I agree that they're torture devices).

The strange thing is that I didn't even make the connection. It wasn't until just recently when I decided to resume my cross-dressing and to hell with anyone who has a problem with it, that I realized I had stopped wearing distinctively female clothing just about the same time I stopped wearing boys clothes.

Now that I've slowly resumed cross-dressing, I've also started to think about getting exclusively feminine clothes again, although I don't feel ready to buy a skirt yet, but I can feel that the day will come eventually.

I hope that answers the question without much confusion - but I'm still confused about these things myself.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reading in this forum, for the first time, has helped me to realize a lot of things about myself and why I always felt like I "dressed for success" carefully as if it was a uniform. Power suits, cause I liked the power play of getting what I needed to make the office work better and get the bonus', but more, the recognition in a man's world, in the 80's, of the dataimaging profession.

I've always wanted to wear that tux!

Kat
    [SIZE=3] KRAZYKAT [/SIZE]

Cuddling with my spouse of 18 yrs., GypsyKaren makes me Happy!!

I have a 5-6 dresses and enjoy wearing them as much as the hose & panties under it
    what a fool I use to be

Rereading my post, I think I need to clarify "power suits". I meant the 80's plaid, over the knee, straight skirts with the long, double breasted, large lapels. I had a fire engine red one that I dared to wear into a company seminar when I was 10 minutes late. Of course, head high with confident strut and slight smile of apology. Guess I like attention, DOH. Hey, if you're unavoidable detained, you might as well make an entrance and not slink in. I think accomplishing the things that I had gave me a confidence to demand respect. I've since humbled and gain respect slowly.

Kat
    [SIZE=3] KRAZYKAT [/SIZE]

Cuddling with my spouse of 18 yrs., GypsyKaren makes me Happy!!

im just trying to tell my wife i love dressing in dresses

Robin

Oh yes! I love pulling that dress on over the "things" I've got on underneath. It makes me feel completely dressed at that point and feeling like stepping out...:

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by emmicd
    For all those girls who would rather dress as guys and were maybe tomboys growing up I have one question for you.

Did you ever enjoy wearing a dress or womens pants and enjoy the feel of silky pantyhose?

Emmi
    Actually, just a few days ago I put on a skirt for the first time in over a decade. I did it on a bet. My co-worker said she'd buy a pair of pants (she doesn't own any) and wear it if I wore a skirt one day. We were having a cocktail hour at work to congratulate people who have worked a certain number of years, so I thought that would be the right occasion to try it.

I bought a whole new outfit for the occasion: black skirt, white top and light-blue suede jacket, along with black sheer hose and black low-heel shoes. I only wore the skirt, hose and shoes for that hour and wore pants and comfortable shoes all day until I changed for the party. I also decided to go full girly with lots of makeup, professional manicure and feminine jewelry.

I got a lot of compliments, mostly from other women who wanted to know where I bought my jacket, shoes, etc. I was complimented on my hair, jewelry, clothes and make-up and I received them graciously and thanked everyone, but inside I felt like I couldn't breathe. I felt like I would choke if I didn't get out of that get-up soon. It was so weird, I just felt like I was in drag or in costume, and even though it was only for an hour, it felt like an eternity.

As soon as the party was over, I went into the ladies room and started stripping. I quickly removed the killer shoes and the pantyhose that were strangling my thighs and crotch. Even after I got out of the clothes I felt like I had to lie down and try to recover my normal breathing. I was okay after a couple of hours, but my mood was pretty down after that for a long time. The next day I put on my very comfortable blue flannel shirt (which I love) and felt so much better. I don't think I ever want to do that again.

I have a theory about why this happened, but i have to test it out. As I've said before, I have distinctive male and female sides so my appearance is usually a combination of these. So when I wear masculine clothes I still have some feminine things like makeup, lingerie and nail polish to balance it out. This time, however, I was completely female with no masculine things to balance it out, so maybe that's why I felt so overwhelmed. If I ever try to dress girly again, I'll have to wear masculine underwear or something so I won't feel like I've drowned out my masculne side.

It's all very confusing . . . still.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

In your saddlebags, messing with your weight distribution.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I've gone to high school dances (a few of them) dressed girlie. I got a lot of stares and compliments but I felt icky. It just wasn't right. I also felt like I was in drag.
    I find that if I think about it like I'm in drag it does make it easier though. It adds an element of fun to it-- like I'm performing, acting like someone I'm not. I'm an actor so I can dig it, if I think about it that way. But I still feel restricted. I always wear briefs and usually a pair of gym shorts as well, if I'm doing the skirt thing.

Another thing I can think about is that I love the glam rck look-- David Bowie and all that so I can consider myself glam for the night or whatever. I can tell you, though, I won't ever do it for a party or anything ever again. If I do it it will be only for a costume party and only in the company of people who understand I'm FTM. Because trhey will understand that I'm a guy in drag for the night.

What bothers me more than the clothes, though, is when, in my acting class, I get assigned female parts and have to act those. I wear my same clothes-- I will not go girly for that. I've gotten parts where I had to play a girl with AIDS, a girl at a dance with a guy (which isn't a stretch since I like guys-- but I had to play a very girly cheerleader type girl), a girl trying lesbianism (waaaaaay off), etc. I hate that. My acting teacher just doesn't get it, even though I've told her I want male or gender neutral parts. I hate it. Grrrrr!
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas
    I find that if I think about it like I'm in drag it does make it easier though. It adds an element of fun to it-- like I'm performing, acting like someone I'm not.
    When I was younger I did school plays and really enjoyed that, so I will take your advice next time (if there is a next time) and pretend that I'm playing a part. Your acting teacher must like giving you challenges, but it must be frustrating having to do stuff that doesn't feel like you.

Thanks for your advice.

No problem, Lex.
    I hope she'll let me do that one scene from the Cat's Meow, where Marion smacks Charlie in the face. Of course, I want to play Charlie. If she won't let me I won't do that scene. HEhe, I've got the dialogue mostly memorised too.
    Yes-- socks! Run out again! Why is it that no matter how many millions of pairs of socks I buy, I never seem to have any? They just... disappear. Honestly, you'd think someone was coming in here, stealing the damn things, and selling them off. . . For me, socks are like sex: tons of it about, and I never seem to get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas
    I hope she'll let me do that one scene from the Cat's Meow, where Marion smacks Charlie in the face. Of course, I want to play Charlie. If she won't let me I won't do that scene. HEhe, I've got the dialogue mostly memorised too.
    I love that movie! I can just imagine you playing Charlie too. I hope you get your wish, and I hope you're having fun in class regardless of the roles.

Now you've got me thinking I have to rent that movie again - it's been a while since I've seen it.

I never understood the point of wearing a dress, as a kid i was made to wear a new dress for every party, or event or whatever. I knew i was never going to wear it again, everyone else knew i wasnt going to wear it again, i hated being in it, yet i always got screamed at for running in mud or climbing up trees, and i didnt see why if it was never going to be worn again!

mellisa45

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kells
    I hated wearing dresses, got out of it as soon as i could growing up!! and the only skirt ive ever worn was the school skirt and even that was reluctantly!
    It is a funny world i dressed up in my sisters unifom when i was young and i would have died to been able to go to school like that. i still dress in them, not my sister ha ha though i am 60 i must be one of the oldest school girls going.

Talking I do!

Well I do enjoy wearing dresses of course!At first I wasnt sure,but once I tried them on,it feltl so nice.Also I looked very good in them,and I wear them everytime that I can.

My favorite dresses are the ones that anime female characters wear,
    specially such as Card Captors.

They made me feel so girly and cute!

Ahhhh how I love dresses!

I love wearing a dress

Hi all.
    A lovely long calf-length dress in black or red.
    love Jasminxxxxxxx

Ronna's Evil Twin
    Um, wow, like, Emmi, I was going to say, that's the silliest question I've ever heard, until I realized that I was on the other page here!
    Who doesn't enjoy wearing a dress!?

Quote Originally Posted by Puer
    I'm with Tone on this one - tights/pantyhose are definitely an instrument of torture. What is the point of them!?
    Keep ya legs warm?

.... okay, okay... trousers.

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Can't say I've EVER enjoyed wearing dresses. I tried getting into dresses when I was attempting to live my life as a normal straight girl, but I always felt like a boy in drag. Wasn't very cool at all.

I don't own any female clothes at all. When I have to dress up like a girl to see my doctor, I borrow my girlfriend's clothes. :: shudders at thought ::

love dresses

[IMG]17-1-5bl[/IMG] I do love dresses and skirts, far back as I can remenber
    love Jasminxxxxxxxxxxxx

Swan
    Ive never liked wearing dresses as a kid, but now that I'm older I'm becoming more peoccupied with being feminine. I don't really have the courage to wear clothes that reveal my legs, but once I lose weight I'm going to do some major shopping.

Thumbs up wearing dresses

Yes! Nothing makes the feminine look and feeling on me look more complete than a nice dress. Any length will do so long as the rest of my attire is fitting.

rrecroc

Question New Here

Greetings,

I occasionally like to crossdress (mtf) ..... I say occasionally because if I do it too often, my alter ego begins to gain strength and take over and I find that threatening somehow.
    Also, it takes a lot of time !!!
    As probably having been discussed before, I think there is a double-standard in clothing for the sexes.
    A female can wear combat boots or whatever and be accepted. If a guy puts on a pair of heels, watch out !!!
    If a female puts on a suit and tie, no problem ..... they are considered avante-gard or chic or fashionable. If a guy puts on a dress, he is thought of as weird.
    These reactions are based, I believe, on perceived "threats" of some type.
    What do you believe the "threats" are based on ???, and why do they not apply to women ?
    Just food for thought.

Wink Did you ever enjoy wearing a dress?

I've been in the closet a long time, about 6 weeks ago I broke loose for the first time. I had a business appointment out of town and had to spend the night at the local Holiday Inn. I dressed that evening en femme and went shopping and went to dinner. Wow, I shook all over. But last week I put on a long skirt, pantyhose, heels, a satin shell under a white sweater; I looked good. I enjoyed all of it. I have never had any guilt feelings this time.

I usually dress 3 or more times a week. Sometimes I go out, sometimes I stay at home. But I always enjoy it whether I'm in a dress, skirt or slacks. I have a pair of white slacks that are to kill for-they look nice! What's not to enjoy is a better question.

Love Y'all
    Gwen

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    Uh...just a heads-up, the question was being posed to the FTMs...i.e. women who'd rather present as men.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Thanks Marlena...
    Somehow, this always seems to happen... lol
    I don't mind all that much, though, to be perfectly honest.