Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have you ever been recognised when dressed?

Yes.

When I went to my dry cleaners the owner recognized me, but he said it was only because of the ticket I gave him! Of course he knew as his wife does my alterations for me!

-Tracy
    Everybody's normal until you get to know them. - Tracy Schapes

An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.
    - Jef Mallett

Blog: Tracy's Happy Place

getting closer everyday.. Kiera's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytojillian View Post
    let's see, a former boss made a fairly agressive pass at me via an on line forum similar to this one. He sent photos, told me what he did for a living, etc. When i saw him at work and, it was very clear that he had no idea. That whole experience kind of freaked me out, but it also instilled a bit of confidence.
    omg!
    Last edited by Kiera; 07-12-2009 at 10:24 PM. Reason: spelling lol
    Kiera Renea

SO of Lisa Golightly Deb The Brunette's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JaytoJillian View Post
    Let's see, a former boss made a fairly agressive pass at me via an on line forum similar to this one. He sent photos, told me what he did for a living, etc. When I saw him at work and, it was very clear that he had no idea. That whole experience kind of freaked me out, but it also instilled a bit of confidence.

Pay rise shouldn't have been to much of a problem then !!

Some people build walls around themselves......not to keep people out
    But to see who cares enough to break them down
    So thanks lisa for taking a bloody great sledgehammer to mine you certainly made short work of it

Loves you Poppet
    x

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sorta happened several years ago, in a bar.

"Why are you dressed like that?"
    "It's Ladies Night, isn't it?"

Where's my Millionaire?? Kendra (Tx)'s Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]Considering the fact that I rarely look the same twice, I'd have to say that IF someone did recognize me, they'd have to really be on their toes...Of course I've been told that "you look completely different from 'him' and there's no way someone would recognize you"....Besides, the "Attitude" I present as Kendra is a complete 180 degrees from my "ugly brother".. and "he" doesn't have as big boobs or walk with a bit of a "sway" in his step...and no one sees his legs either.... [/SIZE]

http://kendra954.com
    [SIZE="3"]Some of the most beautiful women in the world were born male. [/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    I was made one evening a few years ago by a former woman friend only because of the vehicle that I drive.
    The harassing phone calls that I had received a few days later by someone she was closed to confirmed it.
    Has it stop me from dressing no, just a little more careful somewhat but still go out for drives and one of theses days I hope I find the courage to go to a club and/or shopping as a woman.

I dont think I've been spotted, although it will happen as I look a lot like one of my sisters when dressed, and am always out with my wife. It shouldn't take anyone too much brain power to work it out.

Unexpected Woman Empress Lainie's Avatar
    [SIZE=4]I was at Border's Book Store one day with my sister and SO,

long after my transition to 24/7.

i saw this lady I knew come up to me and call me by my old name. I didn't think I was that recognizable. She also had her two daughters and husband with her.

She didn't know about my transition since I had not seen her for about 3 or 4 years. I taught both her first set of kids now grown and her 2nd set of kids.

So we had a nice conversation and she and her family were completely supportive and invited to visit any time.

I had been wearing my long red hair wigs though when I was teaching her last set of kids. She used to always fix lunch and we would sit at the table and visit for sometimes an hour. I really enjoyed that time with her.

I remember one funny thing happened one of those times.
    She had made coffee for me and I was talking to her, picked up the cup by the handle and cup fell off the handle, and landed on the floor. Fortunately it wasn't a full cup at that moment.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Ascended Ancient[/SIZE]

Yes, a coworker recognized me once, but since a number of people at work already know about me (including his mother), I wasn't very worried.
    Joni

"Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free" Bob Dylan

This face would be hard to hide even with a ton of make-up so I think I would be right off.
    Angie

Most of the time, no. I have actually walked up to people, talked to them, and THEN had to point out who I was.

I was recognized at a club once by someone who worked at a store I went to in boy mode all the time. I know he knew who I was from how he looked at me, but he never said a word about it. I guess he thought it was my thing...
    Countess in exile
    Keep Calm and Dance to Morrissey
    Z and the Universe
    I'm also on Twitter and Facebook

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I normally only go out in other cities where I'm pretty darn sure I won't run into anyone who knows me personally. The exception is Halloween and just about everyone in the family has either seen my Nurse costume or photos that my wife has on her screensaver. It was fun on when we had to explain to my mother-in-law who the nurse was. She was delighted!

On another note, I noticed the other day that she has even printed up a copy of that nurse costume photo but I'm not sure what she plans to use it for just yet.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

On a recent business trip I was traveling with a technician on a 2 week stay in Massachusetts. One night I was returning to the hotel from my late night out at Club Blu. Now I knew the technician smoked, and he had to go out to the smoking areas outside the hotel front or back doors, and there was the possibility that I would run into him. On the 45 minute drive back I had finally decided if I did that I would just come out to him. I thought he would be cool with it, and keep it to himself. He wanted to go to a strip club, and had mentioned the "what happens in Massachusetts stays in Massachusetts" line as his wife is not down with that. So, I got to the hotel lot and got a spot nearly right in front of the back door close to the elevators. I had just parked and hit the lock button, so the lights flashed twice on my rental car. I dropped the keys into my purse and when I looked up he was coming out of the door. Now my partner knew my car as we had used it many times when we were traveling together. But there were others in the parking lot like it - so I'm not sure he knew it really was "mine". But he saw me leaving the car, and held the door open for me as I entered the hotel. I tried to use my best fem voice to say "thank you", walked in the lobby and got right on the elevator that was open from him coming down to smoke. I had completely chickened out on the coming out thing. I got so nervous right at the last second that I couldn't do it. He did seem to get that "do I know her?" look on his face as I passed by, but he was checking out my body more than my face. I didn't look back to see if he really did recognized me. The next day he was normal and he didn't mention it, but he did want to know if I went out after we went back to the hotel after eating dinner together as my car wasn't parked next to his (where it was after we had come back from dinner) the next morning. I told him I did go out to a bar and have a drink.

So maybe he knows, and maybe not. But I am cool with it either way. As others have said, the world won't end. I'm sure it will happen someday, and after this experience I am that much more ready for it.

Ellen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I feel more complete and happier now than I ever thought possible

read all the time, never recognized

If I am not careful about my wig and padding and make up, I get read by lots of people but never recognized at all.

If you're not in physical danger and you're in a big city, you can just ignore the whole thing and go about your business, as if you don't hear or don't understand what they're talking about. It's not really a problem, and it all depends on your own confidence level. And when you get home, study yourself carefully and try to figure out what gave you away (assuming it isn't obvious).
    Last edited by sheidelmeidel; 08-09-2009 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    My only fear of being recognised is being seen in my car which would give me away completely.. I Drive a Corvette wit a custom tag that everyone knows..
    Well you think you drive a recognizable car? My 80 Corvette is custom paint the pic below. So if your vette is like mine then you need to worry but if not you might be better of then I . But then again I want to be see in my car.

Quote Originally Posted by trannie T View Post
    Some years ago on Halloween I went to my usual watering hole. I was not recognised until my voice gave me away as I ordered a drink. Most people recognised me but one man who worked for me stood next to me for a few moments and failed to figure out whoI was. For several month I heard the story about this ugly woman who had been in the bar on halloween.

Oh you poor girl. Or should i say oh your a lucky girl. You passed . I always thought of only I could at least pass as a ugly girl I would be happy. But it turns out I think I pass for 95 % of the people out there. That % comes manly form my recent high school 20th reunion where 95 % of the folks did not even know I was a man and most thought I was someones wife LOL. Since I am out to everyone I don't care if the recognize me . dam that feels so good to know.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC].....................100% Authentic Canadian Cross-dressing Truckdriver!!!!!!!!!

(((((((((((((((((((("I LOVE BEING A CROSSDRESSER")))))))))))))))))))

Link to My 20th high school reunion http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...d.php?t=112976

If you don't like my (honesty) well TFB.

Men are just a single celled orgasm , In a petri dish held by a woman. (Gene Simmons)