Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did your mother want a girl?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did your mother want a girl?

During your childhood has your mother ever encouraged you to cross dress - such as by putting you in a dress, let you play with her high heels, apply lipstick on you, tell you what your name would be if born a girl, etc. - wanting you to be feminine without you even noticing at the time.

I wich.
    Angie

I am with angie I wish my mom encouraged it. But I guess as she seemed to get along with my sisters more than me that might have been why I started so in a way she did encourage it.
    Be yourself society doesn't know that there is no such thing as being normal.

If you can't find the silver lining make your own.

My mom always talked about how much she wanted a girl. Although when she found out later she didn't seem to want that girl to be me haha.

Yep. My mother always wanted a girl or girls. Tried three times. Three boys. Says she gave up when I was born as I was he biggest. Growing up she made no secret to the fact that she wanted girls. Still doesn't when asked. She never pretended that any of us where girls though. Except for those damn ugly baptismal get ups. YUK

Now she thinks she is in 7th heaven as both my brothers have girls. But. In a corrupt wish sort of way. I have the sole son out of us three. I am the only one living in the near vicinity IE the same state and I think my son's love of life and all things outdoors is more in tune with how she is.

Fate is a fickle and cruel mistress.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

My mother never mentioned she wanted a girl. She had three boys, of which I am the youngest. She also got 2 crossdressers...

ok here goes this the little i remember mom lost her first 2 babies the next was my sister who was daddys girl.she also was atomboy and sort of a bully. mom always wanted a girly girl. when i came along iwas her last chance. i know as ababy iwas dressed both ways as it suited mom .i even remember wearing my sisters type panties till somewhere along the way iknew my under clothes were different than the other boys and started to ask questions. mom also did alot of sewing and it was always me that was the dress dummy with a slip on so the fit was right it took me a long time to really remeber all these chidhood things and kinda figure it all out

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by PEACHES MARIE View Post
    During your childhood has your mother ever encouraged you to cross dress -

If she had, I'd probably have hated it, and to this day. I was always a rebellious little bugger.

parkbench just outside hells gate near enuf to airport to take off...finally the parkbench has wings
    Quote Originally Posted by MissConstrued View Post
    If she had, I'd probably have hated it, and to this day. I was always a rebellious little bugger.

amen..... I like your style...you crack me up....

none of that in my childhood

During your childhood has your mother ever encouraged you to cross dress - such as by putting you in a dress, let you play with her high heels, apply lipstick on you, tell you what your name would be if born a girl, etc. - wanting you to be feminine without you even noticing at the time.
    I WISH it could have been like that. It was nothing of the sort for me.

Instead, I ended up getting busted by my mother at a pretty young age. She caught me wearing one of her skirts. It was a terribly embarrassing and traumatic experience. Needless to say, she was not happy with me that night. Her negative reaction and the embarrassment of it all ended up causing me to hate myself for many years.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

Crossdressing Curmudgeon TommiTN's Avatar
    Yes, my mom admitted that she hoped I, her 1st born, would be a girl, and that she was disappointed when I came out male. She told me this when she found out I wore her things from time to time. She also blamed herself for my tendencies because she dressed me as a little girl when I was a toddler, complete with bows in my hair. She was happy when people who didn't know commented that I was "such a cute little girl". Looking back on it, she didn't seem to be all that upset when she found out about my crossdresssing. Her anger seemed almost a feint, sort of a "well, I suppose I should be angry about this" sort of reaction. As a child I was much more comfortable in the company of females, preferred playing girls' games, playing with Barbie dolls (I dressed Ken in Barbie's undies a few times ) and it wasn't until peer pressure in the form of teasing and a few fights that I stopped and began to play with "male" toys (cars, guns, football, etc.)
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Good question, i'll phone her and find out........

Picks up phone and rings..........

Hi mum, it's me, i've got a question

Hello D****, what's the problem?

Did you want a girl before i was born?

Now you mention it, yes i did

I've got some good news and some bad news then

At this point the phone went dead!!!

Aspiring Member

Well, now that you mention it ??

My Mom & Dad never overtly said they'd prefer a girl, but they tolerated my older Sister dressing me up several times a week, They even called me "Melissa" which my Sister called me. One Christmas I got a frilly pair of panties ( Mom & Dad said "It's a gag gift")

one of the sisters

I'm a little off base but my sisters always called me one of their sisters.They never dressed me but always included me in conversations,games and showered me with affection.My dad was very mean to them and lax with my brothers,i would side with my sisters(so begins the saga).PS i'm still one of the sisters.Love Nancy

Silver Member
    Absolutely mother wanted me to be a girl! About 4 years old, she thought I was always too naughty & dressed me in my older sisters clothes, put ribbons in my long hair, polished my nails & insisted I help her do housework -wash/dry dishes, laundry, ironing, scrub floors, dust funiture, etc & I became her "sissymaid"! In my preteen years she bought me complete girl outfits with full slips, panties, stockings, training bras, earrings, high heels, & demanded I wear this attire with a frilly apron whenever I did my chores. It was a very confusing, humiliating time for me.

A girl...and I love it! Marisa_M's Avatar
    I know my mother wanted a girl but she never encouraged me to cross dress. I'm quite sure she knew I used to wear all her stuff but never said a word about it.
    [SIZE="3"]Marisa[/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones”

[SIZE="2"]Helena Rubinstein[/SIZE]

I can think of only one day when my mom may have wished I'd been a girl. Keep in mind, my mother wasn't exactly aware of my cd'ing, and you may temporarily ignore same.

It was autumn of 1984, about a year before my mom died. She had been home 2 days after a hospital stay -- she'd had a mastectomy. Quite a few years earlier, she had stopped wearing bras. Now she's in a catch-22: can't leave the house to buy a bra until she gets a bra.

At the time, as now, I worked out of the home. I was in my office; peripherally I saw her standing in my doorway. She asked, "Could you please do me a really big favor?"

Not knowing what she wanted, my first thought was, of course I'll do her a favor -- this is my mom, I love her, she just got out of the hospital, what could she possibly ask me to do that would make me reluctant to comply? She explained her predicament and said, "Could you please go to Woolworth's and buy me a brassiere?" (Note: my mother was about ten years older than my peers' mothers -- in her mind, this item is not a "bra," it's a "brassiere".)

She seemed a bit startled by my reaction. I said "Sure. No problem." "You're sure you don't mind?" "Not at all. What size do you need?" "Um, 36C." "Got it. I'll be back in 15 minutes."

Clearly, she was more embarrassed about this than I was -- what woman sends her son on such an errand, other than maybe Peg Bundy? (Things would have been so much easier on her had I been her daughter.) Once again she asked "You really don't mind?"

Okay, now I'm trying to come up with every reason I can, sensible or not, why I'm okay with this.
    "Mom, how many years have you bought underwear for me?" "Yes, but,..."
    "Mom, salesclerks are there to sell stuff. They don't give a damn who buys it." "Yes, but,..."
    "Mom, you said 36C, right? Well look at me. Do I look like a 36? [I was closer to a 46.] They're not gonna think it's for me." "Yes, but,..."
    "Mom, you want me to go to Woolworth's and buy a plain, simple, inexpensive, white cotton bra, right? Well, what self-respecting transvestite would be caught dead in something so mundane? They're not gonna think it's for me!" [I don't think she'd ever heard the word "transvestite" before, but she got the idea.] "Yes, but,..."
    Finally, I said, "Mom, it's okay. I'm sure nobody's gonna say anything, but on the off chance that someone asks, and if it's okay with you, I'll tell the truth. You haven't worn a bra in years, you just had a mastectomy, and there was no one else that you could send on this mission of mercy. Okay?" She sighed, handed me the money, and kissed me on the cheek, and I was on my way.

Woolworth's was only about 3 blocks away; I went in, bought a couple of bras, and started home without incident. Along the way home was a newsstand where I frequently went to buy the newest puzzle magazines. This day was no exception; I bought a magazine and slipped it into the same paper bag with Mom's bras.

I got back home; Mom was still apologizing. "Mom, stop. Everything's okay. Nobody even looked twice. Here are your bras, here's your change. I have to get back to work."

As I was walking back to my office, she saw that the bag wasn't empty -- there was something flat and rectangular inside. "Did you buy something else?"

I looked at the bag and said, "Uh, yeah. I figured as long as I was there, I'd get myself a pair of pantyhose."

Big smile, big hug.

My mother wanted a girl and took some sort of medicine that gave girl babies lovley curley hair. Yes I have curley hair but not a full time girl bu have my hair cut chort as I hated the curls

Nature, nurture, or Singer Sewing machines?

I don't remember my Mother ever dressing any of us boys up as girls, though she did make some of our clothes at home. However, she did admit that she had planned on having all daughters so that she could make clothes for them!
    [SIZE="3"]Ellen James[/SIZE]

"Can man be free if woman be a slave" - Islam by Shelley

Never asked, really. I've got a twin sister. Though Mom's favorite joke use to be that Kiera was supposed to be a boy and I was supposed to be a girl. Though hearing that again after all these years, it does sound a bit suspect... Of course Mom did use to paint my nails. And told me I was doomed from the start... Hmm
    The Secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and MISS- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Keep your words short and sweet just in case you have to eat them later.

You can either be Happy, or Right. I'll take happy.

I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary. - The Late George Carlin

My mother never said that she had wanted ME to be a girl, but she said that she had wanted a girl and she told me what my name would have been if I had been a girl (Elizabeth).
    When I was very young, she would take me with her when she shopped for clothes. We went to department stores and she would sort through the racks of dresses and skirts, etc.
    Then she would try things on. She often took me into the dressing room with her and she would ask what I thought of her selection as she modelled it for me.
    On a couple of occasions, she brought a girl's dress or other outfit with her and she tried it on me. But she never bought any of these. She would make a few comments about how I looked in the outfit and then have me take it off and put on my boy clothes.
    Probably the most odd thing that she did was to buy me girls' panties which I wore all the time until I started junior high (seventh grade). The weren't lacy, ruffly ones, and I don't recall them being tricot or nylon or silky. But they were girls' and they came in girly colors and sometimes had girly prints.
    When I started junior high, I also started buying my own clothes and at that time my mom gave me instruction about what kind of underwear to purchase. She told me to get "tidy whiteys," jockey shorts. She explained that boys in junior high wore that kind; I didn't really think much about it. I had started crossdressing on a very limited basis by the time I was seven, and this was just another chapter in that book for me.
    warmly, Linnea

yes ! and she finaly has one.........=)

My mother did want a daughter---it took he 6 children to get there. Interestingly, she always asked if she could dress me as a girl for Halloween and I only accepted once.

My mom's first was a boy. I was the 2nd born. She told me more times than I can remember what my name would have been had I been born a girl. I very much got the impression that she would have preferred a girl rather than me. Maybe she got her wish anyway.

I was the first born and my Mom had been hoping for a girl. She was very disappointed. She did dress in girls clothes until about 5 yrs old. I always had long hair, which my Mom curled. I loved the hair and was crushed when it was cut. My brother was born ( at my age five). he was handicapped. My parents felt that their crossdressing of me might be a curse. Suddenly I was forced to start wearing boys clothes, and have my hair cut. I had a number of girl friends in the neighborhood. I do think that they sort of knew I was different (maybe not a girl). They did accept me and we had alot of fun with jacks, dolls etc. One girl that lived near by me ran away with me (yes at nearly age 6). She lent me her clothes and we escaped for nearly eight hours. Most of the time we were gone from home, the police were looking for a boy and a girl, but not two girls. But we got kind of scared around two in the morning and moved from our evening hiding place. When the police spotted two girls on the street we got picked up quickly. Wow was I ever in trouble and so was Katey.. From that time I wanted to be a girl. I really thought that my Mom would love me more. Especially as I really did not understand why my brother got so much attention. I am sure that I felt that I could get to center stage in my Mom's eyes if I became a girl. I did pray for it. I was kind of unhappy as a boy growing up because I did not always feel right doing boy things.

Too long a story but that's the start. Now I accept my maleness reluctantly, but still love being a girl at least part time.

Hugs Edy