Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I failed at quitting crossdressing...

I would rather dare greatly than to be with those timid souls who do nothing.

Purging is part of being a CD. Enjoy the shopping trip.
    I am Nobody-- Nobody is perfect so therefore I am perfect

There is always room for more friends in my heart

Jill

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cd_jamie View Post
    I sent about $10,000 worth of stuff to good will on my last purge it hurt but I did it..... now I wish I had it all back. I had really had the urge to dress lately.. I always found it to be relaxing to not be in guy mode
    It is no wonder why I have been finding so many nice things at the Goodwill store lately Jamie. I had to throw that in. I do wonder why I dress but realize it will always be a part of me.

My crossdressing is an integral part of who I am, and I can no more change it than I could change my eye color or my height. Once I learned to accept this simple concept, I stopped trying to quit, and life has been so much nicer (and needless to say, less expensive). My advice is to accept who and what you are, and don't try to change what you can't. Your life will be much more enjoyable.

I started amassing a secret collection of female clothes by the age of 16. i was a nosy kid before then, who used to probe my parents' closets, and my neighbor's closet and drawers looking for money, cigarettes, drugs...guns...women's clothing...anything naughty. By the time I was Playing in an alternative rock band akin to Siouxie & the Banshees when I was 23 gave me the courage to wear makeup on a stage.

I thought I was beyond all of that once I finished college and embarked on a career.....like I was a mature adult or something. I
    I am too much of a maverick in my own right. I think I am happy in my own skin that dressing up now seems like a blast.
    Last edited by NathalieX66; 07-02-2009 at 06:14 AM.

Wheww!! bet you're glad your finished with that little experiment , eh?!!

Kelsy
    Born female intended

" Don't die with your music still in you!"

Every now and then I wonder ,"what will I do with all my clothes when I meet someone who is my match" then I quickly answer myself...if they can't accept that I have a pastime of enjoying another side of myself,we just weren't meant to be.

For me ,ideally it would be best to share this,so thats going to require an accepting partner.

Give it up? Don't even EVER try Kate it just doesn't work. And your a 4-6 size I'd kill for that hun.
    Angie

Size 8

Been there,tried quiting,I told my wife i would stop dressing if i could buy all the men's clothes i want.There are lots of nice nylon shorts and real nice nylon underware 4 men, BUT,I would rather wear a plain pair of cotton granny panties any day.This is the(sad?)truth.If someone could explain this they could also explain me. Nancy

everyone fails

...often many times.
    Some say no one ever quits, but how would we know? Many say the activity is progressive. It has been for me, but I hear that many plateau for decades, having reached a level of satisfaction.
    Don' beat yourself up. Keep trying to make your life better, wherever that takes you.
    and by the way, it's not just about you. What are you doing for other people? That's a big part of satisfaction in life.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

A girl...and I love it! Marisa_M's Avatar
    Why should we quit what we love?
    [SIZE="3"]Marisa[/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"There are no ugly women, only lazy ones”

[SIZE="2"]Helena Rubinstein[/SIZE]

...just be who you want to be! don´t hide yourself from you and your desires. don´t lose time in be what the others want. be yourself, how do you feel great and have lots of fun! why give up who i´m and what i like to be and dress? keep on!

Kate, I to have tried many many timmes to stop dressing, I have thrown many things away and wish I still had them. Any way I now have a loving wife who not only knows of my CDing but encourages it. She tells me that I a good girl friend and a loving wife, as well as a great husband. She has the best of both worlds and so do I.
    I hope you find someone who is a accepting as I have

thx

Dear Tresa,your words give us all hope,thx 4 posting and encouraging us all to press on.Nancy

My verge of quitting crossdressing was TERRIBLE! I was having a full blown paranoid episode when I packed up and moved from Houston to Chicago! Like if I drove past a cemetery then my 9 big boxes of womens clothes would snatch up ALL of the evil spirits / ghosts from the cemetary and then they would possess me to commit road suicide or crash. Then I felt I would meet Satan on the road and he would kill me! I almost dumped my load of ALL of my Houston clothes but it would have taken too much time to unload them to a church. I was looking at ALL of the churches I drove by to donate or see God but I passed them up only to go to a strict Roman Catholic church when I was 120 miles into my drive! When I finally got to a Roman Catholic church only the chapel was open so I had my session with God there! I asked him to bless me on my journey and to keep the devil and Satan away, as I felt I heard the voices of demons that were possessing my clothes! They were talking about how to do me while I was driving! And I almost had a bad accident with a trailer big rig in the middle of nowhere! The whole drive home was a big mental episode, for both my Dodge Grand Caravan and my Honda Civic!

And looking back at my big mental episode concerning that crossdressing is cursed by demons - I don't know what to think of it because I wasn't taking my Geodon but even reality itself and people interactions were "spooky" so how could it have been paranoia!?

I ask God now to just accept me as a faulty crossdresser, as mostly I do it to enjoy my beauty and for shopping trips to enjoy going out as a woman. I just guess HE doesn't like it that I masturbate that way though... but that's my sexuality.

Now I guess I will never purge and I think this is an incurable fault in me. The only problem is society hates crossdressers and I suffer intolerance and discrimination.

All I need is a good paying job that will last 5 years or more and a good looking wife that lights up my heart and that will fit my clothes but God doesn't give that to me. I need both of these... And my last NASA job made me very happy and my heart broke when I got laid off.
    Last edited by KateSpade83; 07-26-2009 at 10:03 PM.

I understand your feelings and your discussions with God....I have had a couple of those myself. When you get the answers pls pass them along, they will be every enlighting.

Hugs,
    Alice

Kate, although we all take different paths on this crossdressing journey, many of the experiences are the same. Quitting, purging, even denial, most of us have been through them. Rights of passage for our lifestyle I guess. So, as so many others have pointed out, I don't think this is something one can quit. As Susan said, it's "hard-wired" into our brains. It's not wrong; it doesn't hurt you. It is who you are. Enjoy it, and know that, yes, it is possible to find a wife who will love you and support your crossdressing! They are out there hon. Take care of yourself, Olivia.

PS. Does anyone even know of a crossdresser who actually did quit dressing? Just curious if such an example exists? O

I think the first thing I learned from this forum, and the main reason I decided to join, is that it's not something any of us can quit. For better or worse, it's part of who we are.
    Part of it might be an addiction, although I think it has mainly to do with how our brains were wired either before we were born, or when we grew up into puberty.

And even if it's an addiction, compared to most things, like drugs, alcohol or tobacco, it has very little to no negative side effects. Only thing, is you need a bit more wardrobe space and buy clothes a bit more often. Compared to cigarettes it's cheap and healthy!

One thing I learned here, is that quitting and purging does not work, better to accept it.

many times

welcome to the club
    i have quit many time and gone back to cding
    it is a big part of my life that i have to learn to accept it
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

Had you been born a woman a hundred years ago and been a tomboy wearing mens clothes, you would've been considered a sinner to. Do you think God judges all the women who today wears mens clothing and act masculine?

You just happen to be born in a time and place where who you are isn't fully accepted by society. Has nothing to do with being a sinner or faulty. Don't hate yourself, hate the norms. They change over time anyway and I'm sure God is above things like following silly trends humans make up.

You're A-Okay as you are

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    welcome to the club
    i have quit many time and gone back to cding
    it is a big part of my life that i have to learn to accept it
    >>>WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

I realize this is Your signiture but Strees causes me to wear a dress (cd triger)

Your fellings for cd'ing will never go away and you can't fail at who you feel u should be or want to be, it's taken me years to find the right woman that i could open up too, but i have now and i'm sure you will too. Keep your chin up and a smile on your face and u'll be fine

Carysmarie

x

Sounds like an epic win to me, I love being a crossdresser and I wouldn't change it for anything, it is part of what makes me unique and special

hmmmmmmmmm, since you are as active as I am in cding, isnt there a chance to join a group in one of those big cities that you commute? this might 1st of all get you off this spiritual conversation and into more grounded interpersonal contacts. and be careful with " dressing whenever I want" (my interpretation) but instead lay off the clothes for some weeks and open yourself to a GG that DOESNT necessarily fit into your clothes, but that you can truly like and perhaps even enjoy being a man with! the fun for us is we can SWITCH identities and luckily dont get hung on one of them!
    cancer man or cancer woman, with double cancer settings for me that is NOT the question!

why do you think yoiur a failure? it has been written about many times that we cannot just "quit" dressing no matter how much we say we can or try to. So accept it, enjoy it and hopefuuly you find someone you can shar it with that love participating in it.

Can't quit so why not improve upon it?

Hey, the common theme here is that we can't quit. I don't believe it's an option for everytime that I've purged, the urge to dress just dowm right takes over. Dressing for me is not a sexual fetish but it is and always be me! I've accepted the fact that I can't quit,got on this forum and improved my look,made friends and I'm a lot happier now.

P.S please don't purge,,you have the largest wardrobe I've ever heard of.

Hugs,,,Jeanna