Thread: Tall girls

Tall girls

I just want to let all of you taller gurls know that you have nothing to be concerned about. On june 8th, I had a Dr"s appointment at the VA here in
    La Jolla, while waiting for the elevator to go up, two very pretty young ladies walked up to the elevator and stood right beside me. I suppose they were returning to work after lunch. Any way, one of the girls, had I turned around very quickly, would have poked my eye out with her boob. I am 5' 9" barefoot and she was a FULL head and shoulders taller than I. I could have stood under her arm had she extended it straight out. At the time I would have guessed her to be at least 6' 10" and she was wearing a pair of those flat, plastic shoes(the ones with the holes in them) that so many health care workers wear. Last night after work, I had a couple hours to let blow by so I decided to stop at local sandwich shoppe, she was there, with a guy,( her " SO " I guess). they were all decked out (dressed up) and she was wearing a pair of 3 -3 1/2 " heels. and still about 2 - 4" shorter than he was. put on yur heels on and don't give it a second thought............. this girl does, and she was LOOKING GOOD. personally I would love to have her dress she was wearing......
    Just thought I'd let ya all know that there are real GG's out there that are tall.
    Last edited by Di; 07-01-2009 at 10:28 AM. Reason: talked to op about it
    No these are not womens clothes!! THEY ARE MINE, EVEN THE HEELS. (update 4/01/10) THEY ARE NOW ! ! !

Thanks for this post! I agree I am a tall GG and love heels So ladies we tall girls are out there....be proud and walk tall.
    If you are a Genetic Female (Female at Birth) and would like to join us in the F.A.B. Forum, please follow the link.

F.A.B. Forum Access

Sherlyn,My beautiful sweet girl
    You forever and always will be my one and only true love . ❤️

Administrator

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

I agree, Bobi!

Some GGs r sensitive about their height. I dated 2 over 6'. I'm about 5' 10". Both of these girls wore NO HEELS!

Their height didn't bother me. I LOVED how statuesque they both looked!

But, it bothered THEM!

I think ALL u TALL GIRLS, should enjoy your advantage!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by bobi jean View Post
    Just thought I'd let ya all know that there are real GG's out there that are tall.

Right.

But I think you just illustrated very well the fact that tall people get noticed. And scrutinized. Usually by short people looking for flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by MissConstrued View Post
    Right.

But I think you just illustrated very well the fact that tall people get noticed. And scrutinized. Usually by short people looking for flaws.
    Thanks for your reply but, I was in no way scrutinizing this girl, who the jhell am I to scrutinize anybody, and as far as I could tell "SHE HAS NO FLAWS" ( not at that particular time anyway), she was " tall ", thin, and down right beautiful. I do agree that tall people, of all genders, get noticed but is that such a bad thing?
    No these are not womens clothes!! THEY ARE MINE, EVEN THE HEELS. (update 4/01/10) THEY ARE NOW ! ! !

I have 3 female cousins that are all over 6'- all three are married. I also know a girl who is 6'4 and her sister is 6'2.

When I dress and go out, I don't give putting on heels a second thought. I love heels. If someone looks at me- so what.
    "Oh f*ckkk!! Chick's a dude!" - from textsfromlastnight

me: I wonder what it'd be like to play golf en femme.

wifey: It's hotter and sweatier.

Average female height 5'4, male, 5'11 though I believe those numbers are outdated. I only remember because my Dad called my Mom short, and she told him she's 5'6 and he's 5'9, so really he's the short one. He was not pleased :P
    The Secret to flying is to throw yourself at the ground and MISS- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Keep your words short and sweet just in case you have to eat them later.

You can either be Happy, or Right. I'll take happy.

I knew a transsexual guy whose only ambition is to eat, drink, and be Mary. - The Late George Carlin

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Personally, I am so with Cindy on this whole height thing. I'm six-foot-one, at least in the morning, sometimes I wear flats and sometimes I wear my 5" cfmp's. All depends, but I truly love heels.

And as Tracy (you little cutey you) and others kind of pointed out, the average height of natal girls is trending higher. I know several women in the 5-10/5-11 range and a couple over six foot. Some of them tend to de-emphasize their height, some of them don't worry about it. Speaking for myself, let 'em look.

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

I lot of my female co-workers are really tall, and it suits them well. I'm just over 5 feet tall, and petite. I don't even reach their shoulders. I wish I was taller. I know 10 year olds taller than me even when I'm wearing heels!

I suppose its grass is always green syndrome. Being tiny has its perks, but I hate having to take up the hems of my trousers, otherwise I trip over the bottoms of them.
    I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome!

Complete Geek and Girl gamer.

Perception is Reality Dana Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MissConstrued View Post
    Right.

Yup, always makes guys and girls take a second look at 'why are they so tall'? More scrutiny.
    -D

This is so true, there are a lot of tall ladies out there now. For you tennis fans, Serena Williams, Maria Sharapova, and Ana Ivanovich are all over 6' tall. I met a nurse one day who was 6'5".

Advice from a 6'5" tall girl (me)..don't let your height slow you down. Get out there and enjoy life.

-Pam-
    "Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self." - Wizard's Tenth Rule:
    "Life is the future, not the past." - Wizard's Seventh Rule
    "Deserve victory." - Wizard's Eighth Rule
    "Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire."

There is just one life for each of us: our own - Words from a fortune cookie

Do or Do Not. There is no try - Yoda

Bobi, as a sister who is 6-4 barefooted I am tall but my youngest daughter is 6-2. Today all you have to do is walk through the malls and down the streets of your towns and see some very tall women. And if you look carefully without being to annoying you may see me,LOL.

keli

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    I had a fiancée that was 5' 13" (she was NOT 6' 1" - I made that mistake only once ) who was very self-conscious about her height. I owned more heels than her. OK, truth be told, I own more pairs of heels than most women - but that's not important. Basically, she dumped me. The primary reason? She wanted someone taller than her to feel petite. Normal. Right. Me at 5'10" couldn't give that to her. Pity.

When I go out, if the outfit dictates it, I will wear heels. Loose jeans and a casual top - flats. Skinny jeans and a hotter top - heels, baby! A dress? Heels all the way. Yes, with my favorite pair of pumps (a gorgeous pair of BCBGs), I stand 6' 2" tall - about five feet of that being legs. Do I get noticed? Oh yes! Do I care? Not in the slightest. Like MC, I feel that if they want to look, let em' look.

Kathi

Haydée (pronounced Heidi) silhouette's Avatar
    In my entire life I have never met a girl that was as tall or taller than me! I am 6'3"

I'm sure those girls do exist, they're just rare a guess.
    I think I can still be tall and pass.. I'll just need to prepare myself for all the attention. If you're gorgeous you should be getting the attention anyway

My eldest cousin stopped growing physically at 22 when she reached 6' 5".
    To this day she still wears the highest heeled shoes she can find. I recall one pair she had many moons ago, 7" heels with a 2" platform, thus making her a towering 7 footer.
    Her attitude was "I am tall, get used to it!".

yep it's so true! i worked in retail for ages, which is ace for people watching! I'm tall at 6"2 ish but i've seen so many girls as tall or taller than me, people looked, but mostly in envy. Almost all my colleagues were jealous of their height....it's just a common occurrance in life, shorter peeps would like to be taller, taller peeps would like to be shorter,,,,and i would like to have an ice cream, so there we go!
    flic xxx

I'm 5'12" and don't care...heels or flats ... let them look. Can't change what I am.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I was in the MAC section of Macy's the other day in Downtown Chicago (in male mode) and I saw and conversed with two ladies from the DePaul women's basketball team. They were so tall, I felt so tiny next to them lol. I also checked out their hands and feet, which were bigger than my own.

I am about 6' 5" and know this one girl who is about 2 inches taller than me. but my height doesnt ever stop me from wearing heals, sometimes my heels are so high i hv to duck to get under the door.

First of all, I will never give up my 5 and 6 inch heels no matter how tall they make me, since high heels are what started me crossdressing. But yes it is nice that girls seem to be getting taller, and yet they still wear nice high heels. It does make blending in a little easier. By the way, I'm 5' 9", so I can still get away with my stilettoe pumps.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    If you live in a town that has a WNBA team, go to one of those games. You find all the women basketball players from the community attend. Lots of tall girls there!
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by bobi jean View Post
    I do agree that tall people, of all genders, get noticed but is that such a bad thing?

Not at all. I was merely putting it in context. We hear quite often here that a tall CD can "blend in" because one-tenth of a percent of real women are over 6 foot. I find that notion absurd. Tall women get noticed and eyeballed, and we can be certain we're going to get even more scrutiny.

I wasn't suggesting that you were looking for ways to put the woman down.

"Passability" generally depends on the tendency of most of humankind to be completely oblivious to the world around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Charles View Post
    If you live in a town that has a WNBA team, go to one of those games. You find all the women basketball players from the community attend. Lots of tall girls there!
    In fact, that would be a great place to go dressed. Granted there are a lot of times the quality of play on the court goes into the category of "lacking".
    "Oh f*ckkk!! Chick's a dude!" - from textsfromlastnight

me: I wonder what it'd be like to play golf en femme.

wifey: It's hotter and sweatier.