Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Does CDing make U feel guilty?

I dress to feel pretty Tina P Hose's Avatar
    Heck, all things that I do make me fell gulity. Maybe I have some issues
    From Madrid to Montreal that underneath it all that Tina prefers pantyhose

The only thing that makes me feel guilty is when I let myself dwell on it at the expense of being productive. But that has less to do with my crossdressing and more to do with my willingness to let myself be distracted.

When I was younger I worried that I was using my crossdressing as a substitute for relationship(s) with women. As I learned more from various sources I realized that instead of being attracted to women wearing nice things I envied the way they can enjoy society's acceptance of them wearing things like makeup, earrings, skirts, dresses, stockings and heels. My public appearances wearing feminine things is constrained more by my concerns over people's reactions than guilt.

I've recently gathered the courage to visit one female cousin wearing medium size drop earrings, long nails and carrying a purse. She said she's tolerant of my presentation, but isn't sure I should appear with the nails at a larger family gathering next weekend. I'm still strugling with whether I should show up with the long nails. Compounding my dilemma is that I'm overdue for a fill (which I haven't experienced yet) and that I could stand to go job hunting week after next.

Quote Originally Posted by BritneyLynn View Post
    As I learned more from various sources I realized that instead of being attracted to women wearing nice things I envied the way they can enjoy society's acceptance of them wearing things like makeup, earrings, skirts, dresses, stockings and heels.
    Ha. One of my GG friends joked with me once that whenever she saw me checking a woman out in public she was always wondering if I was checking out the girl, the outfit, or both.

I told her it was usually both.

hot patootie,bles my soul marisa's Avatar
    i had some guilt when i was a kid. since then i have come to terms with myself and have done a lot of soul searching. i've concluded that this is a really big part of who i am. no more guilt. i just want to be me.

Dressing, makeup, jewelry, and oh yes perfume, it all makes me very happy! Emotionally, Sexually, or whatever, its all good. Never guilty!

Hi DocRobby,

Great post (obviously) with lots of responses. When a lot of us got into dressing, the sexual aspect was a *big* part of it. It was *so *taboo that it was a huge turn-on. It was a great introduction.

One question I consider is: now that I've come to some terms with being a crossdresser, would I want the sexual excitement part to go away? Would it be worth not feeling occasional guilt to no longer be sexually aroused?

I understand where you're coming from and what you're saying. Most guilt is gone today, but occasionally...

- Rachel

Chewies sister-moulted!
    Good thread .
    The overall cost of the entire dressing package has certainly made me feel guilty at times . It really hit home of late when I had a sort thru of my clothes and shoes . It made me slightly ashamed and concerned me so greatly alongside my recent unemployment ( which has affected me no end ) it had the effect of not wanting to dress . The desire came back with an almighty bang , but it left me feeling very shallow and not wanting to dress in front of my partner at all . My wife has'nt seen Shelly in the flesh for nearly 3 months now . She's even remarked on it .
    Then theres the additional guilt. I keep this side of my life secret from my family . I can't imagine the look on both my parents faces were they to find out that the eldest son is a transvestite . Without running off on a tangent , the thought of that certainly fills me with angst , fear , and worry . It also makes me feel a little angry that I simply haven't got the balls to be me without the horrible image of rebuke and possible confrontation that would certainly develope amongst others who would eventually learn of a tranny in the family , or that guy they know who dresses like a damn pervert . I ask myself , why worry ? Live you're life for you . I then ponder and reflect that if this is why (although my partner knows ) I have'nt came out fully to the world and dressed outside of the home .
    Don't get me wrong , I love feeling girly , enjoy the whole sensation of being enfemme , but at times I hate having this part of me which at times leaves me near to tears .............
    Last edited by Shelly67; 08-31-2009 at 01:47 AM.

Ask any person who masturbates on their own in secret if he/she feels guilty afterwards and I bet he/she does. I don't think the dressing is a big part of feeling guilty, no more than say using a vibro or looking at sexy pictures.
    From early childhood we are taught not to touch ourselves in those "private places" it's dirty or naughty. When we do, of course we feel guilty.

Nor do I think that anyone who wears clothing (male or female) simply as an aid to masturbation is a crossdresser. Most people have some "aid" to sexual pleasure, clothing is just one. Would we call someone who uses a vibrator to help them a "Vibro"? "Oh did you know that lady is a vibro?" Of course we wouldn't, so why call someone a crossdresser just because he/she likes to get it off in a few bits of clothing?

I'm not indicating here in any way that you are or are not a crossdresser and I'm sorry (admin) if I drifted of the plot a little, just delete it and reprimand me if I have.
    Last edited by Samantha Kelsey; 08-31-2009 at 05:42 AM. Reason: spelling
    Samantha K
    It's so hard being me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]Now I shout it from the highest hill,
    Even told the golden daffodil.
    At last my hearts an open door,
    And my secret love's no secret anymore.
    [/SIZE]

See Sams pics at;
    http://cid-b4480c99b9b4cdd9.skydrive...e.aspx?lc=1033

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Kelsey View Post
    From early childhood we are taught not to touch ourselves in those "private places" it's dirty or naughty. When we do, of course we feel guilty.
    Woody Allen says masturbation is simply sex with someone you really care about
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Guilty? No, not at all. It's part of who I am. My SO wishes CDing would make me feel that way, but I learned to accept it and embrace it.

Guilty? Nope, just makes me feel like I'm having some fun.
    Regarding what is written above: Avoid friendly fire, it causes unnecessary tension. Seek clarification if theres any hint of misunderstanding.

Take care.

Oh yes, I used to feel really guilty about it. I've got over this feeling now as I realise it does nobody any harm and it's just the sort of person I am and I am not alone, as anyone can see who visits here.
    I still haven't had the nerve to go out but I'm not sure exactly what I'm frightened of. Perhaps being "outed" or laughed at or attacked. Or maybe there's guilt there too...
    L

Sorry to bring up older post. I was actually in that guilt right now and searched the forums for a similar situation. I only feel guilty after the fact I've unloaded the pistol.

CRAP! Well I just basically with two sentences told you what I did tonight! oops didn't mean that, but o-well its straight forward. nothing to hide on this site.

Lets continue shall we...

Immediately after I rip all the clothes off and remove any makeup. Go back to being completely my male self. In fact sometimes I get pissed off and say WTF was I thinking! What will my friends think if they found out! Your a man, not a dress wearing little girl! I'm quitting tomorrow! My girlfriend has seen me do this and shes like...yea right liar...I'll see Susie soon

In fact growing up I went through those phases and I actually burned my girl clothes once or twice. The problem is weeks or months later I found myself buying more clothes. When I met my girlfriend I threw everything away, but this time something happened. I kept my heels. Finally a minor breakthrough. When I told her I was a CD I used the heels to show her I wasn't lying.

I think with me its an age thing. As I get older I seem to accept what I do more and more. The guilt after may only be a few seconds until I realize I'll wake up tomorrow or the next day with the same urge to do it again. Today I also have less to worry about. Back in my school days if anyone found out I was completely ruined! I was a sports all star and this would be frowned upon by my whole town. I couldn't put my parents through that. Most of their friends were my friends parents.

This same concept applies to so many sub categories...

CD's that don't want their SO's to find out.
    CD's whos job is at risk if anyone knew.
    CD's who's parents or siblings might be disappointed or even worse.
    CD's who are afraid the neighbors might see in the windows and tell the neighborhood....trust me I keep my blinds completely closed!
    CD's who are afraid thier pictures online might be seen all over and your male name posted on the description or worse your male photo. <<<I FEAR this

Well I hope I made sense. Thanks to this website I have also been able to subdue most of that guilt and in fact this site inspired my new purchases and some serious talks with my girl about where the future might go. Maybe one day I'll go outside dressed to a meet or eat dinner in a neighboring towns restaurant....

It used to. But as of the past year or so, I've been exploring a number of my fetishes within the context of the BDSM community here in the UK - let's just say that I've gotten to the point where I consider crossdressing, along with a number of other interests, almost completely "normal behaviour". I feel it's a healthier attitude to take, and I think I'm a lot better for it.

I certainly feel less guilty now, anyway.
    [SIZE="1"]
    I'm going in for the kill...
    [/SIZE]

The only time I feel guilty is when the dog is staring at me and saying with his eyes "not this again, can't we go outside and play instead" ? I also feel guilty when buying clothes sometimes as I hate shopping for male clothes but love shopping for Danni's clothes.

No more guilt

There was a time when I felt guilty about dressing. No more. I feel good about drerssing and it is more natural than wearing men's clothes. I feel more relaxed and confortable when wearing 'my clothes" than the things I am supposed to wear. I have no problen wearing men's clothes when I have a job to do. But when relaxing I feel better in my girl clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by kristinacd55 View Post
    I used to before my wife found out, now not anymore! Yippee! Yahoo!
    I was the same way, since she found out and started to enjoy it, the guilt kinda went away. I hadn't really noticed it though since it was a gradual thing.

sometimes

I feel guilty about my wife not knowing. I am scared about our friends and my family finding out. I enjoy dressing for all the same reasons that every other CD'er does.

Smile

I don't feel guilty about the turn-on aspect anymore. I've decided that I enjoy everything TG, from the research, the transformation, fantasies, you name it.

Girlygirl Tomboy Wannabee Toni_Lynn's Avatar
    Nope .. it never has from way back when and and it never will. It is who I am and I rather like that.

Now there are those I have come in contact with who will (have!) readily accused me of feeling guilty about being a CDer because I don't take a somewhat more 'out' stance vis a vis crossdressing. To them, I say, I'm sorry deary, but as John Lennon said -- If you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao, you ain't gonna make it anyhow.

However, there have also been those who have tried to make me feel guilty about crossdressing. To them I say -- in the words of Alex in A Clockwork -- I was cured, all right!

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
    --I'm TN (transnationalist) - a Canadian born in an American's body! I stand on guard for thee!

I am pursuing SRS and feel guilty when not dressed. Any ways you should not feel guilty what so ever if this makes you happy.
    SRS January 27

I lost my guilt about forty yrs ago. You could lose yours at any time. Next week, next year. WE are all different in both the way we feel when we dress and when the guilt goes away.

I do feel guilty, I'm not sure what it is though. Maybe the thought of being caught, as I think it would be very bad.

I don't feel guilty because this isn't a sexual fetish for me, its more of a self acceptance and help mate for me to grow and become a better person.

Hannah~~