Thread: Feminine deportment academy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Feminine deportment academy

Has any gurls experienced or would you if you had the opportunity attend a finishing school to learn the finer aspects of being a woman.

If I really had the opportunity, I would definitely do it. Problem is, I'm unlikely to ever have the opportunity.

Here's a place that looks pretty intriguing:
    Miss Vera's Finishing School For Boys Who Want To Be Girls

I have been finished a long time ago. I prefer not being a "lady"...like to have fun. Less Charlotte more Samantha
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    I have been finished a long time ago. I prefer not being a "lady"...like to have fun. Less Charlotte more Samantha
    I am with you 100%
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

They call me quiet girl.. Sarah...'s Avatar
    A very good friend of ours did actually attend finishing school. She'd be the first to tell you it did nothing to help her at all in terms of deportment, being a woman etc.

She is, however, utterly true to her feelings and her word. She is, in that respect, very well "finished" indeed.

Sarah...

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty-Fay View Post
    If I really had the opportunity, I would definitely do it. Problem is, I'm unlikely to ever have the opportunity.

Here's a place that looks pretty intriguing:
    Miss Vera's Finishing School For Boys Who Want To Be Girls

Intriguing, yes. Affordable, no. $450 for two hours? That's a really, really nice pair of shoes. Too rich for this girl's purse. I can go downtown and get a handrubbed finish for a lot less.<g>

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

Quote Originally Posted by Joni Marie Cruz View Post
    Intriguing, yes. Affordable, no. $450 for two hours? That's a really, really nice pair of shoes. Too rich for this girl's purse. I can go downtown and get a handrubbed finish for a lot less.<g>

Hugs...Joni Mari
    Why not just buy the books? Miss Vera has two, which I purchased on amazon.com.

Clear Air Turbulence Joni Marie Cruz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathalie66 View Post
    Why not just buy the books? Miss Vera has two, which I purchased on amazon.com.
    That's okay, sweety. I reckon I'm as finished as I needs to be. <Joni grins and spits tabaccy juice on the floor>

Hugs...Joni Mari
    "Because equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who's confronted with it."

--Joss Whedon, to a reporter who asked, "So why do you create these strong women characters?"

As others have posted, Miss Vera has two books (possibly more) on CDing. I have read one, it offers some help, but seems mostly to come from the psychological, it's OK to CD, aspect. And there is a bit of a sexual feeling to parts of the book. My worry is that a lot if not most of the places that offer classes such as these in feminine deportment are either, 1, sexually oriented or skewed toward the forced fem crowd (nothing wrong with that, I'd probably enjoy it but not what we are talking about here), 2, very basic classes in things like makeup, wigs, clothing, (again, useful, but not exactly what we are talking about here), or 3, taught by people who do not understand that making a man look and act like a woman takes a very special set of skills, related to but different from those needed by the people who teach GGs, or people who don't care about the difference. If there are places out there that teach feminine deportment, run by knowledgable people, it would be worth the tuition, perhaps not $450 for 2 hours, but I wouldn't expect it to be cheap either..........Stephanie

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    My late wife and I discussed this subject some years ago. My dear wife always knew that I was just as my tag line says, "lady on the outside, but man underneath!" That being said, she thought there was no need for me to spend money learning to be a lady. She could, and would, teach all I wanted to know and she did. I have never mastered a feminine voice, but with her doing my makeup and wig I could and did pass. If I kept my mouth shut!! I have a distinctive male "radio" voice that is very hard to disguise.

I will just keep on being a guy in a skirt!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PEACHES MARIE View Post
    Has any gurls experienced or would you if you had the opportunity attend a finishing school to learn the finer aspects of being a woman.
    Only if it had a bar which served decent beer and decent curry house close by
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

Well, I've done burlesque classes. Does that count?
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

Stripper poles probably don't count either, Huh ??
    " Don't get in the way of my mood swing !"

Chrissie, careful what you say. I promise it all helps,

Hugs
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

No but I suppose I could start my own if I had the motivation.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'd would leap at the opportunity.
    Angie