Thread: almost showed a customer my painted nails and pedi !

Red face almost showed a customer my painted nails and pedi !updated

Yesterday I got a pedicure. The girl that did it picked a grey that matched the skirt suit I was wearing. So I went to work today and the customer asks if I will get on roof and scrape and paint a copula. I said no problem and climbed up to get to work. I was half way done and crouched down with one leg on ridge and the other on pitch. All of a sudden my left leg buckled from strain on my back. I had no time to react and lost my balance. I fell and slid all the way off the roof landing on my foot and ankle. I was pulling my shoe and sock off when I remembered my nails.By this time the customer came out and he's telling me to take them off so we can look at it. I put my shoe back on and left it untied and told him I was fine. Know I'm laying down waiting for my chiropractor to call me back because I can't move. Needless to say I came home and the polish came off.
    Last edited by Rebecca Lynn 33; 08-18-2009 at 04:55 PM.

You never know your customer may be a member here
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Why not show them, aren't you proud of it?
    I strut my stuff, I feel so proud,
    I need to shout, to scream out loud,
    I am Tricia I am she,
    I am who I want to be

http://tricia-dale.blogspot.com/

I have never been bothered by someone seeing my toenails polished.I have sat outside countless times in open toed shoes and polish and had neighbors etc come up to say hi,ask directions among other things and nary a word was said.Nor did I try to hide it.It's just one small step of many more to come.
    Kimmy 55

Gold Member
    If I fell like that, someone seeing my painted toenails would not be my biggest worry.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

I live in a small closed minded area and my family is very closed minded. I feel that it's better to suffer my secret than to have to deal with the family and communities close minded BS. When I was young I came out to my mom and to this day her reaction has made me regret it. usually she is a very understanding non judgemental person but not on this subject. Your uncle is a very close minded self centered redneck with no respect for people who are different.As far as my customers I do property maintenance in a very rich and private community. I already feel as though they look down on me. They are very polite to your face but you can tell your a second class citizen at best to 95% of them.

There are a lot of men now-a-days wearing painted toenails from UFC fighters to Race Car Drivers to professional athletes. I posted an article about it several weeks ago in the Beauty Section. It is not a big deal anymore. Just wear sandals and let everyone see your polished nails. It is not like you are committing a crime. Those with small minds don't have to look if they don't like it. Just tell them to "get over it". They will soon tire of mentioning it when they realize that they are not annoying you. It is best not to have biggots as friends.

Jamie
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

I dont even worry about my French pedicure anymore because I was in with my daughter getting her hair styled when three , I said three guys 19 or so buffed came in to get their Eyes waxed and one of their girlfriends, lover type asked the boyfriend if he wanted to also get a pedicure. I guess its all going to be accepted at one point and its starting now. I wear my sandels in public and had a French Pedicure to make my ugly feet look nice and its been seen and no comments. Joann0830

update

I just got back from my chiropractors and he's very concerned. He knows I have no insurance coverage so he checked me out. He said It looks like I may have a sprained foot and ankle nothing he's concerned about. Now the concerning news! I suffered a serious back injury Jan. 05 that has left me with permanent limitations. So he wanted me to go for xrays,but being that it was after five they were closed for the day. He visually checked my back and performed some diagnostic tests. One test he performed is supposed to indicate wether or not I may have cracked a bone in my spine. It sends vibrations into the spine and if it hurts more when vibrations are present something may be cracked. He sent me home and said to ice it and lay down and go for xray first thing in am. Know I don't know what to do I was supposed to leave around 10 or 11 tonite for Tennesse. My cousin and I already paid for motel and got the tickets for the race. We will be back thursdayif we go. I was looking forward to this trip for weeks I need a break after the last few weeks. He said if I cracked something there is not much that can be done other than taking it easy. So I'm worried and confused. He said it was up to me when I asked him.