While living at home during college, after dressing in private for many years, I fully dressed one day (very light makeup), wearing my mom's lingerie and an olive dress with a pleated skirt. I loved that dress. Knowing that I had a few hours to myself, I kicked off my shoes and pulled my legs under me as I read a magazine on the couch. Eventually, I fell asleep. My mom and brother arrived home sometime later and walked into the living room. When my mom awakened me and asked what was going on, I made up some lame excuse about a strange dream, trying to give the impression that I was "sleep dressing." She simply asked me to take everything off. I've never discussed that incident with her in the years since "being discovered." I also never found that dress in her closet again.

My brother and I haven't discussed the episode either. A year or two later, however, he found a pile of lingerie that I had left on the kitchen counter in an apartment that we shared. Again, my excuse about finding it mixed in with some laundry that I had brought back from the laundromat was seemingly accepted, with no subsequent discussion.

During my married life, my wife has found around the house (on separate occasions) a nightgown, panties, a wig bag and long, black hairs. Each time, I've offered explanations, distancing myself from their presence. She seemed to have accepted those explanations.

Careless? Absolutely. Intentionally so? I have thought about that. Sometimes, I do wonder who I am really kidding...