Thread: A Close Shave?

A Close Shave?

On Saturday I had a `playday` and I prepared myself well to go out shopping to some friendly `malls` some 40 miles from home. I felt in good shape and I felt I was well presented. I packed my emergency boy kit and put it in the car and set off.

Before going I had packed my handbag with money, cards, makeup, you name it it was a real femme treasure trove. somehow in the excitement of departure I managed to leave without it and my mobile phone.

I drove away feeling great and about 5 miles before my destination i sa w a gas station that was not too busy and as I needed gas I pulled in. It was a pay at the pump job and so I reached in for my handbag. You`ve got it; I`d left it at home and that was when I found out. So it was no gas and no shops. I looked at my trip computer and it showed that I had about 45mls left in the tank and I had to get home as best I could. I drove carefully and prayed that there were no holdups to use my juice. I made a home run with the computer showing 5mls to empty. What a relief (and I had one of those too) There was my bag as left on the seat by the door.

I got out my mower gas tank and managed to put enough in the car tank to get me to a new gas station. It was a serviced station and I sat there and had my gas tank filled and a yes Mam no Mam treatment. It did my morale no end of good. Next time I shall ensure that my memory is in gear before I go out and not forget my bag. Also I have put some cash and a few spares in the car lest I ever repeat my mistake. Had to share my experience with you girls. Initial horror, almost wet myself and then the relief and joy when all was salvaged. This is a photo of me after I returned home from the second successful gas trip. Looking much calmer and wiser I feel. Love to you all, Bronwen xx
    Attached Images Attached Images

ohhh, im so sorry u had to endure such a time, but thankfully you made it home safely, and what a great idea to put some $ away for the same thing to possibly happen again.. and you look great dear..
    steph

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    Gas? LPG?
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock