Thread: Going out

Marisol M

Smile Going out

So this Saturday I plan to go out to a TG group meeting and at the same time also do some shopping and just go out aorund town as me. I've gone out a few times but mostly when no one can see me. I went out once about 10 years ago and it didnt go so well, so here I am 10 years later & I'm going to try it again. I would like to one day transition so this is my 1st step towards that goal.

What tips do you girls have for me, what should I avoid, what should I brig with me? I apreciate all your help.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...6062009_02.jpg
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 07-07-2009 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Pic oversize Img tags removed

If that's your picture????????????, then everything should go very well. I don't look nearly as fem as that picture and I rarely have any issues at all. If I do, they amount to a few stares by usuallu older men, that can't figure why a guy would dress as a girl, or occasionally a child that's just puzzled at seeing a guy in a dress.

Good luck, have fun, buy some pretty new clothes, and be safe.
    Paula

Just be yourself and you will be fine. Just bring what any gal would bring in her purse.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Marisol, when you went out last, did you have any good experiences? Those are the ones I would dwell on. Life can and will bring you bad experiences - you don't even have to be in a dress for those to happen - what matters is how you meet those experiences and the ability to move on. I say the past is the past. Get out there and have fun! Isn't dressing fun? Then show those people. Then show us, because, well, . . . we like to see.

Kathi

Your putting us on right? If you actually look like this picture or even come semi-close, I can't see how you would be read unless....you went naked from the waist down, or you were wearing a sign that says, "I'm a guy....abuse me!"

Yes darlin' it's about attitude, but if you really look this good; 99.9% of people you encounter will not be looking for little hints that you might not be acting feminine. I am certain that 99.9 percent of the guys will be looking at you and fantasizing, 99.9% of the women will just be looking with envy!

peace and Love, Joanie

If that's your pic, you're totally gorgeous. You shouldn't have any problems at all.
    "Oh f*ckkk!! Chick's a dude!" - from textsfromlastnight

me: I wonder what it'd be like to play golf en femme.

wifey: It's hotter and sweatier.

Meet me at Smugglers Cove PaulaSF's Avatar
    One consideration is that you might be best with two different looks/outfits, as spending the day shopping lends itself to a more casual look, and light, daytime, makeup, whereas you might want a more dolled up/glamorous look for the evening TG meeting (tho based on what I've seen at support groups, not a lot a realworld fahion sense is neccesarily involved )

As others have commented, your pic is awesome, so your confidence should be fine, doubtlesly you've gained a ton of insights into your femme self, in the past decade! Knowing the specific circumstances of your negative experiences could help us with ou suggestions, too...

Mebbe a "two-fer" after a decade-long hiatus might be a bit much, and just do the support goup? Many gals just coming out of their closets seem to be more intimidated by daytime shopping outings. Going to a drag show, or a TG support group meetin, are by far one's "easiest" options! Tho shopping is actually a piece of cake (and less overt emphasis/focus on sex then nighttimes & clubs!), tho far more fun, with a t-gal pal along...

cheers,
    Paula