Thread: A Slightly Funny Story

Banned Read only

A Slightly Funny Story

The other night, I was over at a girlfriend's house, fixing her computer. Well, actually, I dropped by there on the way out to karaoke, and is occasionally my wont for such occasions, I was all dolled up... not that that really has any bearing on the story, which I'll explain.

She's just recently been handfasted to her fiance, which is a sort of pagan wedding ceremony. Another lady friend (my GG shopping buddy, matter of fact) had bought her some lingerie for the occasion... specifically, a nice pushup bra and matching panties. Quite naturally, she showed them off to me.

While I was sitting there fixing yet another Vista abortion (I never have to fix Linux users' computers) she asked if I had any recommendations for laundering her pretty new undies. Lingerie bag in the washer? Hand wash? Woolite? etc?

I answered... and then about 30 seconds elapsed before my "wait a doggone minute!" moment.

"What the hell are you doing asking ME for advice on laundering lingerie? You're a girl!"

She never had any before. And she rarely wears any kind of underwear at all. (Which I knew... but I guess it never set in...) "And I know you have lots of pretty panties," said she. (Of course she knows... she takes them off. )

Go figure.

She's coming over tomorrow night. Maybe I'll update on if she's developed a lingerie fetish too. (For herself, dummies! We already know she has a sort of lingerie fetish....)
    Last edited by MissConstrued; 07-07-2009 at 03:52 AM.

Gender Variant Badger PaulaJaneThomas's Avatar
    I'm absolutely useless at anything domestic except making curry or beer but I find that most hand-wash stuff is OK in the washing machine inside a laundry bag and on a coolish wash cycle. I even wash tights like that.
    Best Wishes

Paula

Warning: This product may contain Badger
    Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp-dressed Badger.

"Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?"
    - Tony Hancock

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    MC, I'm with you on the whole Vista issue. It sucks. Massively. Guess what, Windows 7 (Vista 1.1) sucks only a tiny bit less. I'm also with you on the whole *nix thing - Mac and Ubuntu all the way!

I also agree with you about some women. They're women! How can they not know some of the stuff that, . . . well, that they should. That we do. Is it because we study? Is it because we had sisters? Is it because we're more "girly?" It strikes me as odd how it seems that some girls can't put an outfit together to save their lives. Strange indeed.

Kathi

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    ... It strikes me as odd how it seems that some girls can't put an outfit together to save their lives. Strange indeed.

Kathi

OMG...I know! Ya just wanna shake 'em sometimes!

Plaids and stripes together? Sheesh! Not even just to take out the trash! Nuh-uh!

Gee! Are we all turning into the Kardashian women?

SO of Lisa Golightly Deb The Brunette's Avatar
    never had any trouble with Vista ..or washing me undies

Some people build walls around themselves......not to keep people out
    But to see who cares enough to break them down
    So thanks lisa for taking a bloody great sledgehammer to mine you certainly made short work of it

Loves you Poppet
    x

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

so funny! though this does bring up a question: how do you all wash your lingerie/delicates? i use woolite in the sink w/ warm water. a little tedious but good results.

hehehe oh the things we learn!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I also have never had trouble with Vista! Ohh, I will be sorry now!! On the other hand, after 60 plus years of being a CD, I have lots of experience with washing lingerie. I use lingerie wash from Nordstroms to wash all my delicates, just as I did when my wife was still alive. Almost everything gets washed in the machine on the Delicate cycle and with COLD water! Bras and real lacy panties go in the lingerie bag, everything else is just tossed in. Then it is all air dried!! Hot, or even warm, water is hard on the elastic in the panties, as is the dryer! Unless you have an air-dry cycle!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Mac and Ubuntu all the way!
    I think the same. Sadly, all my victim... clients can't use anything but windows. And win7 is not so bad... it could be worse... I'm fan of win7 in fact and dual boot it with ubuntu...=)

It strikes me as odd how it seems that some girls can't put an outfit together to save their lives. Strange indeed
    I once had to teach a lady friend to walk in high heels and I'm still have trouble with stilletos over 3 inches...=-|

MC, I'm with you on the whole Vista issue. It sucks. Massively. Guess what, Windows 7 (Vista 1.1) sucks only a tiny bit less. I'm also with you on the whole *nix thing - Mac and Ubuntu all the way!
    I like Vista, except for Vista Explorer, but I tend to use it only when I play Second Life.
    I personally, run Yellow Dog Linux.

They're women! How can they not know some of the stuff that, . . . well, that they should. That we do. Is it because we study?It strikes me as odd how it seems that some girls can't put an outfit together to save their lives. Strange indeed.

Kathi
    Not strange at all. For example, I can make a pie from scratch, but not a souffle. It's simply a matter of skills and knowledge. If the young lady has never owned fancy shmancy lingerie she might not know how to deal with it. Or say if a person is very interested in "car culture" they might know a lot about Hemi's and four barrel carbs but might not have as much knowledge about other things. Fashion and makeup stuff are skills, they aren't innate, and if someone has no interest or no opportunity to pick them up, they don't.

Veronica
    Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.
    If you believe in it, makeup has a magic all it's own -- Sooner or Later (TV movie)
    We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?- Marianne Williamson
    Have I also not said that "This Thing of Ours" makes some of us a bit "Barefoot in the Head"? Well, it does.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
    I think the same. Sadly, all my victim... clients can't use anything but windows. And win7 is not so bad... it could be worse... I'm fan of win7 in fact and dual boot it with ubuntu...=)

I once had to teach a lady friend to walk in high heels and I'm still have trouble with stilletos over 3 inches...=-|
    I just put together 24 Mac minis for a hardware test rack that triple-boots 10.5, Ubuntu and XP SP3. I also set them up with three Dell servers running VMWare with about 8 different flavors of Linux, plus XP and Vista (sorry to hijack the thread, it's kinda relevant ).

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaMoonlit View Post
    Fashion and makeup stuff are skills, they aren't innate, and if someone has no interest or no opportunity to pick them up, they don't.
    True. So I guess it comes down to studying what interests you. I know many girls who have no interest in heels and claim they can't even walk in them. When they see me, they wonder how I can do it so effortlessly. Because I want to, I guess.

Kathi

Preach it, sister! Although Ubuntu is the Windows of Linux... bloated full of crap you don't need. I like to keep it lean and mean, just load enough drivers and widgets to let me surf the web and play music. Back before I started getting more electricity aware, I would go upwards of 4-6 months without needing to reboot. On my XP box at work, reboots are measured in number of times per day.

I loaded up Windows7 in a virtual machine on the Linux box, and it's... XP with different colors. Why on earth do people believe it will be any different?

Getting back on topic...
    They're women! How can they not know some of the stuff that, . . . well, that they should. That we do. Is it because we study? Is it because we had sisters? Is it because we're more "girly?" It strikes me as odd how it seems that some girls can't put an outfit together to save their lives. Strange indeed.
    Meh, domestic skills are overrated. When it comes to color matching, I'm 100% guy - I couldn't tell chartreuse from mauve if my life depended on it. Stuff that makes my wife scream out in pain just goes right over my head ("You sent our daughter out with an orange shirt and green pants???") I haven't been to a barber - excuse me, "stylist" in 30 years; I just wait for my hair to get long enough that it bothers me and then hack it off and start over again. And I throw my nylon briefs and tights in the warm/cold wash load right next to my cotton t-shirts and acrylic guy-socks. You know what? My life isn't over for those horrible sins.

I do kinda wish I hadn't scrubbed my wife's cast-iron skilled with soap and water. Damn thing left a bruise where she conked me over the head with it.
    Last edited by Ralph; 07-07-2009 at 10:44 PM.

Banned Read only
    Hmm a split thread... Anyway, you would be amazed at the things we know that some women do not. I do all the laundry because my wife would end up turning everything pink, gray, and shrink it to a size 0.

As for Vista, I can't say I ever felt a need for it. I tried it once and there were no video drivers that supported SLI on my video cards.

Windows 7 is a slug on my netbook. In fact it is so bloated that more than 10GB hard drive space required just to install the OS. Then it is so slow it is unusable.

Installed it on my media server and there is was again no support for my video card or sound card. I know it's still beta but I have no hope for drivers for old hardware.

Ubuntu runs like a dream on my netbook, Windows XP runs okay but lags in comparison.

Gold Member
    I heard McDonald's has a new hanburger called the McJackson....
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Loves Pantyhose Melissa in hose's Avatar
    I do all the laundry in the house, hers and mine, delicates and regular.

my wife always asks me how to wash things... and I HATE vista it sucks bet microbarfs next abortion is even worse

domestic Godess

I'm a regular good old fashioned domesticated sissy boy,lol.Iwash my panties in a cute laundry bag and turn them inside out to preserve their satin shine.I cook,bake and clean house like a good old maid.My voice is soft and so is my demeanor.I have vista and no problems yet.I'd challenge any of you gals to a bake off.Nancy