Thread: Mannerisms

Mannerisms

Not sure I spelled that correctly, but I'm sure you'll figure it out. So day 3 of being "out" with my fiance'. Which is amazing by the way She' soooo cool about this. Anyway, I'm off track, so we're taking some picture's and for the life of me I can't get facial expressions body posture that kinda stuff to be "feminine." Mind you I've been in the military for 12 years, used to straight rigid posture, plus I'm pretty toned muscle wise, so I guess my question is what have you'all found to be a good starting point for practicing to be feminine?

(please excuse atrocious spelling, English was not my subject)

I think a good starting point is to watch GG's and study their movement and gestures and practice emulating them.
    The important thing is to avoid over the top mannerisms and exaggerated feminine gestures. Be graceful and subtle.

Watch GGs and learn; then practice, practice, practice! Most of it is learned (even by the GGs), so you've got to realize that it isn't going to happen over night.
    warmly, Linnea

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewDanielle View Post
    ...plus I'm pretty toned muscle wise, so I guess my question is what have you'all found to be a good starting point for practicing to be feminine?
    My wife helped me a lot. She spent time walking for me so I could watch how she moved, and then would watch me walk and give me tips about how to improve it. Same with sitting, posing for photos, etc.

Maybe try getting your fiance to do the same. It takes practice, but it's a lot more helpful when there's a gg there to observe and give pointers.
    [SIZE="3"]Tired of all the lies and misconceptions about crossdressing?
    Separate fact from fiction and learn the truth
    [/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="1"]My wife loves ALL of me, not just my man-side. Will you?[/SIZE]
    My informative and fun website | flickr photos | YouTube videos.
    Things to consider when preparing to come out to your wife.
    The unique story about coming out to my wife.
    Meet the official Babes of myCDlife

I have to agree, it takes practice. Congradulations on having an accepting fiance'.

Congrats to you and your fiance on your engagement and her acceptance. As the others have said, watching and practice will take you a long ways. The beautiful thing is you have a wonderful tutor to help you through the process. Lastly, thank you for your service to our country.

Keli (Navy)

I think Tanya said it best. Your local mall is a good place to go and subtly people watch. I learned a LOT while doing just that.

THINK feminine too. If you feel like you are female you will act more female.

Yes, woman watching is key. I get my business mail at a PO box and I find it interesting to sit in the car and watch the ladies walk in and out. Of course I do this while I am sorting my mail or something else productive LOL !!

If you are dressed to the nines you will find being feminine is a lot easier than when you are in drab.
    " Don't get in the way of my mood swing !"

My wife used to point out little things to me all the time. A lot were simple things that didn't occur to me to watch for in myself.

Blowing your nose (girls don't honk)
    Crossing your legs
    Don't clump when you walk
    How you hold your cigarette (if you smoke)

Ya I understsnd that watching GG's an all that , BUT soldier dont be all wound up tight. Relax an I me let your muscles relax. Do this in your core muscles , let them drop in down to ur hips. When you stand up you can normally feal ur core tighten an now let it go , let it go also flexibity with lack of muscles bulging. I losin my core I can walk with the best of them but I still need practice with that in heels. your wanna past or become female. Female let muscle go an flex instead the long lean kind .

Let your girl out an let her shine be yourself why do you have to copy some one else?

Love Bree

Hi Danielle,

I would suggest that you go through flickr or some image website that has beautiful women posing for pictures. Whether they are naughty or just "high fashion" models is up to you. ;-) Then start saving pictures that you find attractive for one reason or another.

I started a file for just about every category. I save pictures that I like the hair on, makeup, clothes, shoes, or even just the pose. I call my pose file "hot poses". I save any pictures I see that I think are really hot. It doen't have to be some chick with her butt stuck up in the air. The pictures I find attractive have little subtle things, like the way model points her toes or turns her ankle. Those little things are things that make great models great and average models average.

Once I have found some really good poses I like, I actually try to copy them. It is that simple. Try to mimick their posture, head position, legs, suck in that tummy, arch your back, throw out your chest, etc. By mimicking these poses I learned how to pose and in turn it helped me with little mannerisms that have become natural when even when I'm sitting in a restaurant or dancing in a club.

Now I don't have to try to do it. It has become second nature...or actually first nature for me. I have to be careful because I'm seeing more and more of my fem personality show itself when I'm in guy mode.

If you got it flaunt it. If you don't got it, fake it until you got it.

I hope this helps...

Kisses,

Allie

Lots of good advice. Allie is right on. Study the photos in womens magazines. The main drawback there is that many fashion photos for whatever reason don't feature the woman smiling. It's like the models are so beautiful that they don't have to smile. In a CD it translates into mad or sad... not what we generally want to convey. Regardless study the poses and filter out the chafe. (There is plenty of that too.)

It also seems really hard for cds to smile for photos. Guilt, stress, fear of discovery or whatever makes many cd photos look like a very unhappy individual. Trying to force a smile never worked for me as the camera sees that as well. Try to forget the camera and think of something that brings a natural smile to your face. If your fiance is shooting the photos that shouldn't be hard to do.

Another trick is to have an adult beverage before hand to ease the tension and put on some of your favorite girly music to move to. Most of all enjoy it and it will show.